Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It didn't end. What the heck was that last word Nick Fury was trying to say before he became discombobulated?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It didn't end. What the heck was that last word Nick Fury was trying to say before he became discombobulated?
    About Calling Captain Marvel..... and where has he been for like 8 years?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I kinda liked what they did with it. They killed all the characters that have confirmed sequels and left the original team alive. Everyone fully expected Cap or Stark to bite it in this movie and neither did. I wonder how they'll address this in Ant-Man is it gonna take place before Avengers? Then they address it at the end?

Thanos ended up being way more nuanced that I thought he was going to be. Overall I'm really looking forward to seeing it again. Too bad movie pass changed their rules just in time for this one...

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

First off, thanks to Fernandito for creating this thread - spoilers be damned!

My understanding is that the Antman sequel and Captain Marvel both take place before the events of Infinity War, though I would be surprised if the credit sequences for both didn't address Infinity War in some way.

I am so impressed with the Russo brothers. They had already helmed my favorite Marvel movie, Winter Soldier, then they hit it out of the park again with Civil War. Infinity War, however, was just an amazing experience, one that I was not fully prepared for. I am so happy I went Thursday evening before hearing anything. One of the many things I loved about Infinity War was the shift in tones that occurred with each of the groups. The Steve Rogers sections were dark and brooding, while the Guardians sections captured what I love best about its two films, which left Ironman to tonally adjust to both Doctor Strange and StarLord. Not an easy task to carry off, but it really helped keep all the scene jumps more coherent for me.

Thanos is easily one of the best and most complex antagonists. A villain, perhaps by definition, but his logic is one that I can come to appreciate. I was left wanting even more exposition on his character and what led him to such a dark place.

Let the speculation begin on how to reverse things. Will Rogers or Tony be the one to die while reversing things - my money is on Rogers, who has done it before. Of course, he'll be back in about three years time. No one ever truly dies.

Or do they? I'm left wondering if everyone will be able to come back, or it will only be the ones that died with the snap of a finger. I just can't believe that Gamora won't be back, having taken the time to establish the love connection in Guardians.

I'm also left wondering how the TV show, Shield, will be impacted. I can't wait to see how it's incorporated into the finale (series and/or season). They better not drop the ball on this one.

Sorry if I am all over the place. Needless to say, I can't wait for Avengers 4!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    First off, thanks to Fernandito for creating this thread - spoilers be damned!

My understanding is that the Antman sequel and Captain Marvel both take place before the events of Infinity War, though I would be surprised if the credit sequences for both didn't address Infinity War in some way.

I am so impressed with the Russo brothers. They had already helmed my favorite Marvel movie, Winter Soldier, then they hit it out of the park again with Civil War. Infinity War, however, was just an amazing experience, one that I was not fully prepared for. I am so happy I went Thursday evening before hearing anything. One of the many things I loved about Infinity War was the shift in tones that occurred with each of the groups. The Steve Rogers sections were dark and brooding, while the Guardians sections captured what I love best about its two films, which left Ironman to tonally adjust to both Doctor Strange and StarLord. Not an easy task to carry off, but it really helped keep all the scene jumps more coherent for me.

Thanos is easily one of the best and most complex antagonists. A villain, perhaps by definition, but his logic is one that I can come to appreciate. I was left wanting even more exposition on his character and what led him to such a dark place.

Let the speculation begin on how to reverse things. Will Rogers or Tony be the one to die while reversing things - my money is on Rogers, who has done it before. Of course, he'll be back in about three years time. No one ever truly dies.

Or do they? I'm left wondering if everyone will be able to come back, or it will only be the ones that died with the snap of a finger. I just can't believe that Gamora won't be back, having taken the time to establish the love connection in Guardians.

I'm also left wondering how the TV show, Shield, will be impacted. I can't wait to see how it's incorporated into the finale (series and/or season). They better not drop the ball on this one.

Sorry if I am all over the place. Needless to say, I can't wait for Avengers 4!
    Yea Captain Marvel is supposed to take place in the 90's, pre Iron Man 1. I would assume Antman takes place in between Civil War and Infinity War, the real question is how do they tie Antman into Infinity War. As far as who will reverse it, that's a good question. In the comics Nebula ends up killing Thanos (I think) and I think Adam Warlock reverses it. My guess is Nebula still kills Thanos, no idea who will reverse it though.

As far as Agents of Shield goes I'm super curious about that as well. I haven't really kept up with it this season, did they ever resolve the whole "stuck in the future" plot line? If they didn't then I can't imagine they will address it. Did they even get renewed for another season after this one? I know the current season was on shaky grounds as it if it was getting green light or not.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't he trying to say motherfucker??

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    ..Everyone fully expected Cap or Stark to bite it in this movie and neither did.
    Read this really interesting theory this morning about the possibility of Cap or Stark (or both) trading their lives to revive all those 'snapped' by Thanos. Trading lives was a reoccurring theme in the film.

I wonder how they'll address this in Ant-Man is it gonna take place before Avengers? Then they address it at the end?
    Presumably... perhaps a significant portion of Ant-Man takes place in the quantum realm and thus they were spared by Thanos' plan.

Comic book physics lol.

Agreed. Thanos far exceeded my expectations. I'm hoping they delve further into how he wrestled control of his home world, itself a very dark and tragic story.

It's going to be some combination of Cap/Stark, The Time Stone, and the Soul Stone. Like I mentioned earlier in the post, one of these 2 will trade their lives for the others.

Doctor Strange clearly has a plan for utilizing the Time Stone against Thanos. Presumably, when he traveled forward in time he must have seen a winning future in which he willingly surrenders the stone to Thanos.

Also, Red Skull laid down some very ominous words when he said the Soul Stone rejected him and banished him to the realm of the dead. Could Thanos be taking his place after A4?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A friend asked me a great question... I heard Silver Surfer was in making an appearance in this film. He obviously did not. BUT where Disney now has FOX just about wrapped up... do you guys think that you will see one or more of them start to pop up and then they will be the next big phase?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Red Skull showed up? Must've missed that when I took a crap.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a remote possibility, but I just don't see it happening tbh. Now that Deadpool has proved to be a bigger success than they ever could have hoped for, FOX's inclination will be to hold onto the X-Men property in hopes boosting the new iteration of the team with Deadpool's involvement somehow.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Red Skull showed up? Must've missed that when I took a crap.
    You missed one of the best surprises of the movie lol. He shows up as a specter in that planet where Thanos sacrifices Gamora, having been exiled there as some sort of gate keeper by the Soul Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    It's a remote possibility, but I just don't see it happening tbh. Now that Deadpool has proved to be a bigger success than they ever could have hoped for, FOX's inclination will be to hold onto the X-Men property in hopes boosting the new iteration of the team with Deadpool's involvement somehow.
    You say that, but Fox being for sale happened long after Deadpool's success. As I understand it, it's not really about how successful Fox is or isn't, it's that the owners of Fox want the company's focus to be on News and Sports. That said I don't know if Disney are the ones purchasing it, as the last news I had heard was that someone offered a fair amount more than Disney did (can't remember who though).

Wasn't he trying to say motherfucker??

..Everyone fully expected Cap or Stark to bite it in this movie and neither did.
    Read this really interesting theory this morning about the possibility of Cap or Stark (or both) trading their lives to revive all those 'snapped' by Thanos. Trading lives was a reoccurring theme in the film.

I wonder how they'll address this in Ant-Man is it gonna take place before Avengers? Then they address it at the end?
    Presumably... perhaps a significant portion of Ant-Man takes place in the quantum realm and thus they were spared by Thanos' plan.

Comic book physics lol.

Agreed. Thanos far exceeded my expectations. I'm hoping they delve further into how he wrestled control of his home world, itself a very dark and tragic story.

It's going to be some combination of Cap/Stark, The Time Stone, and the Soul Stone. Like I mentioned earlier in the post, one of these 2 will trade their lives for the others.

Doctor Strange clearly has a plan for utilizing the Time Stone against Thanos. Presumably, when he traveled forward in time he must have seen a winning future in which he willingly surrenders the stone to Thanos.

Also, Red Skull laid down some very ominous words when he said the Soul Stone rejected him and banished him to the realm of the dead. Could Thanos be taking his place after A4?
    I think it'll probably start out as Cap, but Stark will take it from him. Too much foreshadowing in previous movies (and this one), plus RDJ is probably the most expensive cast member they have, and Iron Man is the easiest to replace ability wise (other than his intellect).

Country
    Country Flag

You say that, but Fox being for sale happened long after Deadpool's success. As I understand it, it's not really about how successful Fox is or isn't, it's that the owners of Fox want the company's focus to be on News and Sports. That said I don't know if Disney are the ones purchasing it, as the last news I had heard was that someone offered a fair amount more than Disney did (can't remember who though).
    Disney got them. It was announced awhile ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/cul...ox-deal-merger

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hmm interesting, I thought I had seen the article about a higher bidder not that long ago. Maybe in March. I don't think anything has been finalized yet though. A purchase that big would almost certainly have to go before the FTC for approval.

Edit: I found it. Comcast actually bid 16% more than Disney, but Murdoch sold his stock to Disney anyways.

Also I think Comcast is still in competition with Disney to buy Sky from Murdoch.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sam Jackson was saying his trademark line, "MOTHERFUCKER!"
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm interesting, I thought I had seen the article about a higher bidder not that long ago. Maybe in March. I don't think anything has been finalized yet though. A purchase that big would almost certainly have to go before the FTC for approval.

Edit: I found it. Comcast actually bid 16% more than Disney, but Murdoch sold his stock to Disney anyways.

Also I think Comcast is still in competition with Disney to buy Sky from Murdoch.
    I believe that there is another year or so before Disney can actually start using the characters though.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I believe that there is another year or so before Disney can actually start using the characters though.

Yea I would expect they will want to get through all the movies that are in production first. Then there will probably be some rebooting. Plus I have to imagine that it probably takes awhile (logistically) to make that acquisition / merger happen logistically.

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whenever it comes to movies, TV, books, video games and even dating back to my wrestling watching days, I've always rooted for the good guys.

That's why I caught myself by surprise rooting for Thanos. It's not only because he's such a cool character, but it's partially because, and I'm ashamed to admit this, but I kind of see where he's coming from. In fact, on occasion I've been known to horrify my family and friends when I state that there are too many people on Earth and at some point, it will be impossible to support the entire population. A thinning of the herd might be an absolute necessity.

We don't fight wars like we used to, advancements in medicine have made it possible for humans to live longer and we just plain haven't had a good 'ole fashioned plague in forever. There's literally no other way to decrease population on a massive scale anymore.

So, again, the man (alien) kind of has a point.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Whenever it comes to movies, TV, books, video games and even dating back to my wrestling watching days, I've always rooted for the good guys.

That's why I caught myself by surprise rooting for Thanos. It's not only because he's such a cool character, but it's partially because, and I'm ashamed to admit this, but I kind of see where he's coming from. In fact, on occasion I've been known to horrify my family and friends when I state that there are too many people on Earth and at some point, it will be impossible to support the entire population. A thinning of the herd might be an absolute necessity.

We don't fight wars like we used to, advancements in medicine have made it possible for humans to live longer and we just plain haven't had a good 'ole fashioned plague in forever. There's literally no other way to decrease population on a massive scale anymore.

It has been said that the ideal human population on earth is 500 million so we are about 6 billion is beyond that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Sort of. Though his logic kinda falls apart once you realize that the Infinity Gauntlet gives him unlimited power, so he could find a solution to the over population problem with out killing a single person once he has the gauntlet.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which is the sort of problem you have when you try to mesh different stories that you are using for source material. From what I have read about the comics: He didn't have any noble reasons. He wanted to kill so many to make Death happy because he had fallen in love with its physical embodiment. Though that would be hard to put in a movie I imagine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast