+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

*drools*

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tobey will be back. I would imagine that he wouldn't want to see somebody else playing his role. At least I hope so.
    Dunst we'll have to see if they even right her in this one. Spidey has other love interests, right?
    I'm not sure who I want to be villian but I'm sure I don't want to see Sand Man.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This was the situation:

Dunst wasn't doing it unless Mcguire and Raimi were back
    McGuire wasn't doing it unless Dunst and Raimi were back
    Raimi wasn't doing it unless McGuire and Dunst were back.

Last I heard, McGuire and Raimi agreed to do a fourth one. I love Kirtsten but wouldn't miss her in the series.

All the same, Spiderman 3 was worse than X-men 3 and at the moment, could care less if they make a 4th. If it's not the best one made it will be a disappointment.

You think so? I think she's average, at best.
    That's what makes her so attractive.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Is Spiderman 3 worth watching? I've heard such divided opinions on it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll tell you this. Last year, I saw Spiderman 3 on opening day. A few weeks later I wanted to see 28 Weeks Later but my best friend hadn't seen Spiderman 3 yet. He came to see Weeks with me but was upset for a bit we saw that instead of Spiderman 3.

What's the point of this?

A couple weeks ago he watched Spiderman 3, then thanked me for convincing him to see 28 Weeks Later instead. Spiderman 3 is easily the worst of the trilogy.

Traveler Philzilla is on a distinguished road Philzilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'll tell you this. Last year, I saw Spiderman 3 on opening day. A few weeks later I wanted to see 28 Weeks Later but my best friend hadn't seen Spiderman 3 yet. He came to see Weeks with me but was upset for a bit we saw that instead of Spiderman 3.

What's the point of this?

A couple weeks ago he watched Spiderman 3, then thanked me for convincing him to see 28 Weeks Later instead. Spiderman 3 is easily the worst of the trilogy.
    Agreed, which was a big disappointment for me. The first movie was good, the second was amazing, easily one of the best superhero films ever, and then Spider-Man 3 which was a huge come down for the series. To much going on, and Venom. Meh

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see them tackle Mysterio. Or maybe just the whole Sinister Six.
    In Digitized Remorse

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I would love to see them tackle The Scorpion.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Personally, I would love to see them tackle The Scorpion.
    Agreed, the Scorpion and that Doctor that turns into a giant lizard. Best combo there.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OR... Maybe they should just stop before the Spider-man series turns into the original Batman series. Batman and Robin and Batman Forever were horrible.

Of course, this being said, I would probably still go watch another one.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I'd prefer if they'd cancel any ideas for a Spidey 4 and just include him in the Avengers movie they're doing.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I bet the will (and must) now do a "super hero crossover" type movie at some point.

I wouldn't mind Spidey in with the Avengers.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I bet the will (and must) now do a "super hero crossover" type movie at some point.

I wouldn't mind Spidey in with the Avengers.
    They are, and both are being released in May and June of this year.

Iron Man will contain NicK Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) with an unknown female (Hillary Swank) accompanying him. They're in the movie to ask Iron Man to join The Avengers.

Then a month later, Nick Fury, the unknown female and Tony Stark will appear in the new Hulk movie.

As it stands "Avengers" will have a cast of Robert Downey Jr. Sam Jackson, Hillary Swank and Edward Norton, plus whoever else is collected as they build towards the Avengers movie.

Jon Favreau has already thrown his hat into the ring to direct The Avengers.

The Thor movie is in pre-production with Matthew Vaughn directing and he's already stated that seeds like the previous ones I mentioned will be planted in Thor for "Avengers" as well.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting... I wonder if any of the characters will get dumped if their individual movies don't do well.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Are they seriously doing a superhero cross over movie? God, shoot me now. Do they think taking a dozen superheros from their own respective, sub par movies and throwing them together will make a good movie? Oh wait, It will make good money so what the fuck does quality matter?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it could happen, at least , not with the original actors. Too many A-list stars, the movie would have to have a HUGE fucking budget.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, they did the Ocean movies. Batman Begins/The Dark Knight are loaded with talent, a couple oscar winners and four or five nominees. Ocean takes the cake, though; Clooney, Pitt, Damon, Roberts, Cheadle, Pacino, Zeta-Jones, Garcia...all must've been freakin' expensive.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I don't think it could happen, at least , not with the original actors. Too many A-list stars, the movie would have to have a HUGE fucking budget.
    Besides Samuel Jackson, what "A-list" star was listed above. Downey? Not anymore. Swank? She is not quite there yet. Norton? Maybe for the few months right after Fight Club. Besides, if they write it into their contract for the other movies then they might not have a choice. (See long drawn out fight over Aquaman 2 on Entourage.)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spidey 4 and 5 in the Works?
    Sequels may be shot back-to-back.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, May 16, 2008 - Buzz on the Net is that Sony has been working Zodiac scribe James Vanderbilt like a proverbial dog on Spider-Man 4, with the scripter now having completed a working draft of the superhero sequel.

Cinnematical.com have reported the news, and, so their source claims: "The story arc has encompassed two films, making Spider-Man 5 shootable at the same time. The studio saw dollar signs and is in the process of reworking his deal to snatch up the story arc."

Interesting news indeed. At present it seems none of this is confirmed, and the studio certainly has a job gathering up the likes of Toby Maguire, Kirstin Dunst and Sam Raimi (if he chooses to don the directorial megaphone once again) together for a back-to-back shooting schedule.

How's this for an incentive though: 2007's Spider-Man 3, despite a mauling from many critics and fans, still made an estimated $800 million at the worldwide box office.

More news when we have it.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

*dons bullet proof vest*

I find Maguire Mr. Lame-y Lamerston!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he sucked in the 3rd movie for sure. Nothing about that was good imo. But as Peter Parker, he seems to have it down okay.

I think Mary Jane is a bad cast. She is looking more and more like a crank whore.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only good thing about Spider Man 3 was Bryce Dallas Howard/Gwen Stacy...

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think Spider-Man 3 was necessarily *bad*, but it was the weakest out of all three. I'm not too crazy about 4 + 5 either, unless they really do something new and fresh with the franchise.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I kind of liked Spider-Man 3 myself--the only problem as I saw it was that they were taking material that ought to have been spread out over the course of two movies that length and cramming it into one.

That plus the fact that they stretched out some parts too much and crammed others even further....

But storywise I kind of liked it--besides being epic, I liked
    Spoiler:
    the dualities involved, like Harry's hatred of Peter for "killing" his father, and Peter's hatred of Flint Marko for killing his uncle, that kind of thing.... Also how both the performance enhancers Harry took and the symbiote that bonded with Peter brought out their dark sides, but both were able to overcome those.

I was surprised they were able to fit Venom into the storyline, though, and more so that he was killed off at the end....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I still have yet to see the third one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast