Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The funny part is that each one of those movies would make 200 million dollars.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Age of Ultron yesterday.

Liked it, although it doesn't reach the heights of its predecessor. It was entertaining enough, but it lacked a certain... charm. A natural, jovial kind of energy that it tried to achieve but just couldn't. Some of the comedy felt a bit forced too.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also I thought Ultron would be a lot more menacing.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Liked it, although it doesn't reach the heights of its predecessor. It was entertaining enough, but it lacked a certain... charm. A natural, jovial kind of energy that it tried to achieve but just couldn't. Some of the comedy felt a bit forced too.
    Also I thought Ultron would be a lot more menacing.
    I agree -- there were scenes specifically about everyone's camaraderie that felt phony, plus scenes where characters are just talking to set up further plot and action more came across as just talky than scenes of the same type in past chapters did, for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on.

And Ultron didn't work too well. Even though James Spader's voice performance was very good, I guess I would have liked something more inhuman. Hard as that would be to justify at this point, given what human-seeming programs we know Stark already has been capable of creating.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I enjoyed it, but something was missing. I thought a lot of the one liners fell flat. Some characters disappeared for long stretches of time. Thor took a dip in a hot tub and that just felt awkward.

I get the idea of infusing Ultron with Stark's witty personality, but it just felt silly to me. I also wanted to see him be more brutal. I think this is one of the problems with PG-13 ratings. We never really get to see villains be really villainous. I would have loved to see Ultron just vaporize thousands of people.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

One thing I had an issue with. In A-1, they are sure to point out that, Hulk is unpredictable and dangerous. Then, magically he can control it and be part of the team. A-2 out of nowhere, Hulk is a menace again and eventually has to leave for parts unknown. Now I know they need to forward a certain storyline, but that could have been done with a little more finess, no? I mean, the way they left it in A-1, why ever would, Tony even build the "Hulk-buster" armor? I've only seen it once so far so maybe I missed some connective dialog, but it does seem like another example of them packing a little too much storyline into the plot of this film.

Still, it was freaking awesome!! Does anyone know the Marvel release schedule and possibly when we will see the next two stones? I know we have the blue stone in Asgard, I assume the collector still has the black stone, Vision, has the yellow stone and the Guardians have the purple stone in safekeeping with Nova. I assume a red and a green stone still remain? Does, Thanos have one? I don't mind spoilers, but please mark for others.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This might help. They have everything that's been released so far plus Phase 3 release dates. The last film being Inhumans, releasing July 2019.

I'm not sure if they've made any dates past that public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Universe_films

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the Hulk Buster Armor (code named Veronica) was developed by both Banner & Stark, just in case as a precautionary measure (like Batman holding onto some Kryptonite). Plus it was just a cool scene.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I agree. I enjoyed it, but something was missing. I thought a lot of the one liners fell flat. Some characters disappeared for long stretches of time. Thor took a dip in a hot tub and that just felt awkward.

I get the idea of infusing Ultron with Stark's witty personality, but it just felt silly to me. I also wanted to see him be more brutal. I think this is one of the problems with PG-13 ratings. We never really get to see villains be really villainous. I would have loved to see Ultron just vaporize thousands of people.
    I totally agree with this. Its so much for kids too that they can never do this. AND THAT is why it will never be a 100% perfect for me. Give me an R rated Marvel movie... I bet it would rock!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    ... I mean, the way they left it in A-1, why ever would, Tony even build the "Hulk-buster" armor? I've only seen it once so far so maybe I missed some connective dialog, but it does seem like another example of them packing a little too much storyline into the plot of this film.
    They took a page out of Tower of Babel wherein Batman devises counter measures against every single member of the Justice League on the contingency that one of them is corrupted / goes rogue and or begins to abuse their power.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

One thing I had an issue with. In A-1, they are sure to point out that, Hulk is unpredictable and dangerous. Then, magically he can control it and be part of the team. A-2 out of nowhere, Hulk is a menace again and eventually has to leave for parts unknown. Now I know they need to forward a certain storyline, but that could have been done with a little more finess, no? I mean, the way they left it in A-1, why ever would, Tony even build the "Hulk-buster" armor? I've only seen it once so far so maybe I missed some connective dialog, but it does seem like another example of them packing a little too much storyline into the plot of this film.
    There's a preexisting model (Hulk leaving the Avengers is comic book history,) so I think you're wrong about them maneuvering the character to serve the plot -- it must be the other way around.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I totally agree with this. Its so much for kids too that they can never do this. AND THAT is why it will never be a 100% perfect for me. Give me an R rated Marvel movie... I bet it would rock!
    Check out Punisher: War zone. Addmitedly terrible, but also terribly entertaining.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Oh man I'm super late to this thread. Definitely want to start off with my movie ranking, though I want to preface this by saying that I like all of these movies and wouldn't hesitate to watch any of them again.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Avengers
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Thor: The Dark World
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Iron Man 3

I think Ant Man is getting a ton of flak when no one really even knows anything about the movie. We have had two trailers, neither of which have really shown us everything. Though I do wonder if the best joke in the whole movie was in that second trailer. I think someone else said it though, that everyone thought Guardians of the Galaxy was going to be the dumbest thing ever and was going to flop, but pretty much the opposite happened. It's a silly premise, but then again so is Thor.

So here's why I think Age of Ultron is better than the original Avengers movie and why I think that most people probably think otherwise. I feel like age of Ultron actually had a story and character progression, especially if you look at with only the movies it directly ties to (Ignore Iron Man 3). The original Avengers movie, while great didn't really do anything to grow the characters in any way. Where I think Ultron actually had time to do all of that because the team was already established. While I think the hype of the first movie is impossible to beat, because well it was the first time that anything like it had ever been done, and it was just fun. I think at it's core Ultron is just a better movie, it wasn't just a giant action set piece, which it was, but it was that and more.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

... I mean, the way they left it in A-1, why ever would, Tony even build the "Hulk-buster" armor? I've only seen it once so far so maybe I missed some connective dialog, but it does seem like another example of them packing a little too much storyline into the plot of this film.
    They took a page out of Tower of Babel wherein Batman devises counter measures against every single member of the Justice League on the contingency that one of them is corrupted / goes rogue and or begins to abuse their power.
    I'd say close to this, but not exactly. If I'm remembering Tower of Babel correctly that was something Batman did on his own, where as it's stated in the movie that Banner helped Stark design and develop the Hulk Buster armor, because he knows he can't control the hulk. I'd say the illusion of control the hulk has in the first movie is probably more a lack of forethought than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The rumor is that Spidey will appear in Captain America : Civil War.

He is a large part of that storyline in the comics.
    Yeah, I heard that too, but I thought he was going to be a main part of the film, not some teaser. I'll be surprised if the first time we see Spider-Man is in a movie where he's a main character anyway. I just think Marvel is going to tease him first.
    I agree... he will be teased for sure. I REALLY thought it was going to be in Avengers.
    As I understand it, it was supposed to be in Avengers, but they hadn't made the deal by the time filming had wrapped and they didn't cast him in time. Joss Wheadon wanted both Spider Man and Captain Marvel in that last "team assembling" scene. As I understand it Scarlet Witch was actually put in that scene in post and that shot was actually a place holder for Captain Marvel, but it just got to be too much in one movie so they put Scarlet Witch in there.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

So here's why I think Age of Ultron is better than the original Avengers movie and why I think that most people probably think otherwise. I feel like age of Ultron actually had a story and character progression, especially if you look at with only the movies it directly ties to (Ignore Iron Man 3).
    Kinda. The last time we saw Tony Stark in Iron Man 3 he was walking away from the whole lifestyle. Then we see him in Age of Ultron and he's acting like he never left. Why the change of heart?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    There's a preexisting model (Hulk leaving the Avengers is comic book history,) so I think you're wrong about them maneuvering the character to serve the plot -- it must be the other way around.
    I'd say close to this, but not exactly. If I'm remembering Tower of Babel correctly that was something Batman did on his own, where as it's stated in the movie that Banner helped Stark design and develop the Hulk Buster armor, because he knows he can't control the hulk. I'd say the illusion of control the hulk has in the first movie is probably more a lack of forethought than anything.
    I am aware of the comic plot lines, but didn't it seem a bit forced? Maybe it's just me. I can be thick as we all know. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

So here's why I think Age of Ultron is better than the original Avengers movie and why I think that most people probably think otherwise. I feel like age of Ultron actually had a story and character progression, especially if you look at with only the movies it directly ties to (Ignore Iron Man 3).
    Kinda. The last time we saw Tony Stark in Iron Man 3 he was walking away from the whole lifestyle. Then we see him in Age of Ultron and he's acting like he never left. Why the change of heart?
    I think the change of heart mostly comes from how poorly received Iron Man 3 was. I think if I'm remembering correctly when Iron Man 3 came out Joss Wheadon was quoted saying "Well now what am I going to do?". Well what he did was he just basically ignored it, or the explanation was left on the cutting room floor. Granted I think it's probably more implied though that the fall of shield made Tony feel like he had no choice but to pick it back up again.

I am aware of the comic plot lines, but didn't it seem a bit forced? Maybe it's just me. I can be thick as we all know. LOL
    I dunno. If I was in Banner's position and knew I couldn't actually control the Hulk, just really aim it at something, I'd want a contingency plan in case something happened and Black Widow couldn't pull me out of it. I mean think about it, if he where to go "Code Green" and something happened to Widow (who they made seem like the only one who could bring him out of it) what would they do? Seems pretty logical to me that the "Science Bros" would come up with a solution.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I dunno. If I was in Banner's position and knew I couldn't actually control the Hulk, just really aim it at something, I'd want a contingency plan in case something happened and Black Widow couldn't pull me out of it. I mean think about it, if he where to go "Code Green" and something happened to Widow (who they made seem like the only one who could bring him out of it) what would they do? Seems pretty logical to me that the "Science Bros" would come up with a solution.
    Absolutely. However, at the end of A-1 he had it well under his control. What happened in between? See my point? I mean in A-1 he needs stimulus and goes out of control and then at the end all of a sudden he's "Angry all the time" and works with the team and is in complete control of the "Big Guy". Just doesn't sit well with me without more info into the "why".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with what you're getting at, Bill. There are a lot of incongruities in the Marvel Universe, a symptom of trying to tissue connect these kaleidoscopic jigsaw pieces.

One of the most glaring inconsistencies is the Avengers being conveniently unavailable during the solo movies when shit of apocalyptic proportions hits the fan, but they have time to sit around insouciant and party and drink champagne during the Avengers!?

The genesis of this though can always be traced to behind the scenes. Avengers can't appear in other films because of contractual limitations, which unfortunately affects narrative integrity.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with what you're getting at, Bill. There are a lot of incongruities in the Marvel Universe, a symptom of trying to tissue connect these kaleidoscopic jigsaw pieces.

One of the most glaring inconsistencies is the Avengers being conveniently unavailable during the solo movies when shit of apocalyptic proportions hits the fan, but they have time to sit around insouciant and party and drink champagne during the Avengers!?

The genesis of this though can always be traced to behind the scenes. Avengers can't appear in other films because of contractual limitations, which unfortunately affects narrative integrity.
    I hear you and perhaps I am being a bit of a nit picker. They better be careful though because this sort of thing can kill them (Marvel) in the end if, they are not careful. The overall look, storyline and action far surpasses my feeble quibs about the individual plot points.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they're being too careful. The two Hulk movies were not successful, and that's why we didn't get another one even though everybody loved him in The Avengers. So therefore, in A-2... he gets a new girlfriend? WTF? I guess nothing to worry about long as nobody wants to pay to see whatever happened to his old girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast