Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doctor Strange Created by STEVE DITKO (...and Stan Lee)
    How's the script? Oscar worthy?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw Avengers 2, although I enjoyed it, that's not what I want to talk about. Hear me out.

I truly believe we should see Spider-Man as the stinger at the end of Ant-Man.

I guess my thinking behind it is that Ant-Man is the end of Phase 2, so it might make sense to set up phase 3 with a Spider-Man teaser.

Also, part of me thinks it might not be a bad idea to include Spider-Man at the end of Ant-Man. I'm sure the film will do well, but I'm hearing a lot of people aren't exactly excited to see Ant-Man. Once word gets out that Spidey appears in the end credits, it all but guarantees that people who were on the fence about seeing it, actually go to see it.

Honestly, if I see
    Spoiler:
    Thanos
    one more time I'm going throw a Hulk-like tantrum. Just a thought.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hear you. That'd be cool!
    In fact, I was just reading an article earlier today about how Whedon originally wanted cameos for both Spidey and Carol Danvers in AOU, but they still hadn't been cast yet at the time.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the issue is that with the, Spidey deal only recently being inked they have yet to settle upon a new casting for the web slinger.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Well the beauty of this idea is they could just use a stand in.
    The Spidey costume covers him head to toe.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post

Of course!!!! What an ass I am!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly, that's my thinking. Even if Spidey isn't cast by the time Ant-Man goes to print, it wouldn't be a problem to just see him in his suit.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Doctor Strange Created by STEVE DITKO (...and Stan Lee)
    How's the script? Oscar worthy?
    Since it was made for T.V. I don't think so.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The rumor is that Spidey will appear in Captain America : Civil War.

He is a large part of that storyline in the comics.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you need to expand the title even further to "The Marvel Cinematic Universe and Marvel Adaptations." There's now a large and growing territory of continuous media, although the borders setting other movies/tv outside of that continuity do remain a little fuzzy in a few places.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I think you need to expand the title even further to "The Marvel Cinematic Universe and Marvel Adaptations." There's now a large and growing territory of continuous media, although the borders setting other movies/tv outside of that continuity do remain a little fuzzy in a few places.
    With all due respect, my original intention was to highlight the Marvel Movies primarily without individualizing the threads for each film/character. You make a good point and maybe other threads should be created, but I was taking my cue from the other threads like, Chris Nolan, Dredd, Batman etc. Of course, maybe I am wrong or uneducated in this area and it should be discussed further. Exactly what are the "Marvel adaptions" you're referring to?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    With all due respect, my original intention was to highlight the Marvel Movies primarily without individualizing the threads for each film/character. You make a good point and maybe other threads should be created, but I was taking my cue from the other threads like, Chris Nolan, Dredd, Batman etc. Of course, maybe I am wrong or uneducated in this area and it should be discussed further. Exactly what are the "Marvel adaptions" you're referring to?
    Well, for example, the Toby Maguire Spider-Man was from Columbia Pictures and Marvel Enterprises, then the Amazing Spider-Man with Andrew Garfield was Columbia and Marvel Entertainment and those were different worlds where he had a different history. The new Spider-Man will be from Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures, meaning that he can meet the Avengers and cross into the movies of other heroes in the Avengers world. Technically, that's what "The Marvel Cinematic Universe" refers to; I mean just deciding if you want to go on talking about everything in film and TV from Marvel comics on this thread or just the ones that are connected... but I'd suggest everything because it's a bit unclear in a few cases, like the Eric Bana Hulk might or might not be the same guy as the Edward Norton Hulk, who apparently is the same guy as the Mark Ruffalo Hulk, and so on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, for example, the Toby Maguire Spider-Man was from Columbia Pictures and Marvel Enterprises, then the Amazing Spider-Man with Andrew Garfield was Columbia and Marvel Entertainment and those were different worlds where he had a different history. The new Spider-Man will be from Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures, meaning that he can meet the Avengers and cross into the movies of other heroes in the Avengers world. Technically, that's what "The Marvel Cinematic Universe" refers to; I mean just deciding if you want to go on talking about everything Marvel in film in TV on this thread or just the ones that are connected... but I'd suggest everything because it's a bit unclear in a few cases, like the Eric Bana Hulk might or might not be the same guy as the Edward Norton Hulk, who apparently is the same guy as the Mark Ruffalo Hulk, and so on.
    Okay, now I see what you mean. However, then wouldn't it make more sense to have two distinct threads? One for the "Marvel Universe" which has some continuity and canon, and one for the other "adaptions" so that the canon remains independent?

I could see an argument for either way, but if it's up to me, Marvel has been on a particular role so far and should be stuck to for the purposes of this thread. However, I'll bow to the majority as I am no expert in the field. Maybe some sort of informal poll, Path?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Yeah, I heard that too, but I thought he was going to be a main part of the film, not some teaser. I'll be surprised if the first time we see Spider-Man is in a movie where he's a main character anyway. I just think Marvel is going to tease him first.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I could see an argument for either way
    Me, too. Fernando will probably know what to do. Really not trying to spoil the fun for people who want to share Bill Bixby memorabilia and such, it's just nice to know what counts when asking things like "Which movie's your favorite?" and the X-Men series at least should have a whole thread for itself if there is not one already.

I'm not worried about Ant-Man. People will try it because they liked the rest and I bet that it will be pretty good, so no problem. I guess teasing Spider-Man there or somewhere is a possibility, though, if it's true that they're anyway bringing him in before his own movie.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Yeah, I heard that too, but I thought he was going to be a main part of the film, not some teaser. I'll be surprised if the first time we see Spider-Man is in a movie where he's a main character anyway. I just think Marvel is going to tease him first.
    I agree... he will be teased for sure. I REALLY thought it was going to be in Avengers.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

... wouldn't it make more sense to have two distinct threads? One for the "Marvel Universe" which has some continuity and canon, and one for the other "adaptions" so that the canon remains independent?
    This is mainly why I'm keen on keeping this thread the way it is. But if you want, we can also expand the threads reach to include X-Men and Sony Spiderman as Mike mentioned... possibly by making this thread THE comic book movie thread.

I'll let you choose, Bill. This thread is your baby.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If its okay with everyone else I like the idea of sticking with "Marvel". As, Marvel incorporates any adaptions we can certainly discuss them here. That sound alright? I kinda like the whole "Infinity Stone" plot thread, personally.

P.S. Is "Canon" the wrong word to use? I thought that was the term on the internet. I thought they coined it for "Lost" discussion threads.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Keeping it this way is fine with me too!

Canon and continuity are intertwined; canon is used to determine which stories / events "officially" took place within the continuity.

Perfect example is the Star Wars universe. All of the films are canon obviously, and only one or two novels (to my knowledge) are canon, forming a part of the official story depicted in the films.

So for the purpose of this thread, debate over canon would only come into question if Marvel creates a film that runs parallel to Avengers, but doesn't contain any of the characters or references the events from the previous films.

I suck at explaining things. Did that make sense?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Keeping it this way is fine with me too!

Canon and continuity are intertwined; canon is used to determine which stories / events "officially" took place within the continuity.

Perfect example is the Star Wars universe. All of the films are canon obviously, and only one or two novels (to my knowledge) are canon, forming a part of the official story depicted in the films.

So for the purpose of this thread, debate over canon would only come into question if Marvel creates a film that runs parallel to Avengers, but doesn't contain any of the characters or references the events from the previous films.

I suck at explaining things. Did that make sense?
    I see. I wasn't sure which superseded the other at the time I typed the post. Using them together is the issue. Now I get it, thanks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you guys see this? Sweet Jesus:

http://io9.com/the-entire-marvel-cin...n-c-1702873410

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Did you guys see this? Sweet Jesus:

http://io9.com/the-entire-marvel-cin...n-c-1702873410
    That's just awesome!!! You know, I would love to have an insight to the financial side of these mega-films. I was absolutely intrigued by the LOTR financing aspects that were divulged and would really like to know how these guys make this all work. There are some really big names being bandied about!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

If its okay with everyone else I like the idea of sticking with "Marvel". As, Marvel incorporates any adaptions we can certainly discuss them here. That sound alright? I kinda like the whole "Infinity Stone" plot thread, personally.

P.S. Is "Canon" the wrong word to use? I thought that was the term on the internet. I thought they coined it for "Lost" discussion threads.
    It's a common term in managing fiction and it's also used by schools in regard to how they decide to teach and by churches in regard to their religion, going back to an ancient root in Greek language. Canon, continuity, and universe are all related words in this context. To say "the Marvel canon," however, would not be very specific: Marvel has a number of different universes, each with their own canon and their own continuity. Basically, in each universe, as distinct from other versions with partly different history, the entire story or the whole of the relationships between the parts of the big story is called the continuity, while the canon is the word for all of the movies, books, and everything in which story is told that count as a part in continuity with that universe. Therefore, any of those words can mean the whole thing.
    Here, further reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast