Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jesus christ you guys are applying way too much real world logic to a comic book movie.

Next you're going to ask how many trillions of dollars the Death Star cost and how the Empire manged to finance it.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Empire ran the Galaxy. Taxes, obviously. But how did The First Order afford to build Star Killer Base without that revenue stream? It's one of the dumbest parts about TFA.

And my comment directly relates to Thanos' motivations, to prevent starvation, extreme poverty, and death and destruction over fighting for ever dwindling resources. It's fair to say half the universe's population suddenly coming back after 5 years wouldn't create some massive, massive problems for everyone all over tuniverse. The universe might be way worse off. But it's okay. At least Hawkeye was rewarded for being a psychopath.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Jesus christ you guys are applying way too much real world logic to a comic book movie.

Next you're going to ask how many trillions of dollars the Death Star cost and how the Empire manged to finance it.

Why, Ferny "J.G. Wentworth" when you need Death Star money right now!!!!! lol

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Empire ran the Galaxy. Taxes, obviously. But how did The First Order afford to build Star Killer Base without that revenue stream? It's one of the dumbest parts about TFA.

And my comment directly relates to Thanos' motivations, to prevent starvation, extreme poverty, and death and destruction over fighting for ever dwindling resources. It's fair to say half the universe's population suddenly coming back after 5 years wouldn't create some massive, massive problems for everyone all over tuniverse. The universe might be way worse off. But it's okay. At least Hawkeye was rewarded for being a psychopath.
    You're a LOTR "Why didn't they just take an Eagle to Mount Doom" kinda guy ain't ya? lol j/k

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

We are also talking about a universe where spaceships exists, aliens exists, time travel exists and other worlds exist... Who's to say we couldn't (or haven't already) started colonizing some other planet to take some of the pressure off of ours?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Honestly I don't think the movie did a good job of displaying the problems Thanos's snap would've caused. Honestly I think society probably would've collapsed. I really don't think 5 years would've been enough time to recover to the point where they could've even built those monuments. Thanos's motivation wasn't necessarily bad, but his execution was poor. With the infinity gauntlet he could have just as easily doubled the amount of resources the universe had instead of halving the consumption of those resources.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Honestly I don't think the movie did a good job of displaying the problems Thanos's snap would've caused. Honestly I think society probably would've collapsed. I really don't think 5 years would've been enough time to recover to the point where they could've even built those monuments. Thanos's motivation wasn't necessarily bad, but his execution was poor. With the infinity gauntlet he could have just as easily doubled the amount of resources the universe had instead of halving the consumption of those resources.
    Also, depending on the world, it won't take long for the "benifits" to be undone. Earths population is doubling about every 50years right now.

Also, how many people died indirectly due to the snap. Lots of passengers of vehicles that lost their drivers/pilots. People in the path of said vehicles. Patients on the operating table. Fires that burned out of control because firefighters understaffed/died/in chaos. ETC..... Not to mention the high rate of suicide, murder and genocide that would take place in the chaos. Highways in areas of the world where it was daytime during the snap would be impassable due to all the wreckage, so infrastructure would likely fail leading to more deaths.

I think it would have been better if the movie took place 5 days in the future rather then 5 years. Yeah I know then you wouldn't have Hawkeye going off of the rails, or professor Hulk, but I could have done without those plot points. Really, they should have stayed away from the whole time travel thing, or at least just gone with the standard time travel "rules". Now my head hurts thinking about the ramifications of what they did.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Also, depending on the world, it won't take long for the "benifits" to be undone. Earths population is doubling about every 50years right now.

Also, how many people died indirectly due to the snap. Lots of passengers of vehicles that lost their drivers/pilots. People in the path of said vehicles. Patients on the operating table. Fires that burned out of control because firefighters understaffed/died/in chaos. ETC..... Not to mention the high rate of suicide, murder and genocide that would take place in the chaos. Highways in areas of the world where it was daytime during the snap would be impassable due to all the wreckage, so infrastructure would likely fail leading to more deaths.

I think it would have been better if the movie took place 5 days in the future rather then 5 years. Yeah I know then you wouldn't have Hawkeye going off of the rails, or professor Hulk, but I could have done without those plot points. Really, they should have stayed away from the whole time travel thing, or at least just gone with the standard time travel "rules". Now my head hurts thinking about the ramifications of what they did.
    Yep, though I think their rules are fine, they just didn't do a good job of explaining the rules. Instead of them trying to beat to death the idea that they couldn't change anything in the past they needed to just lean on the branching timeline stuff more.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thor's other brother - Balder the Brave - was almost in Thor: The Dark World.

Thor’s brother Balder the Brave almost made the cut for Thor: The Dark World, but was apparently removed from the film before its script was finalized.

Reported by CBR, concept artist Charlie Wen posted newly revealed art on Instagram with the caption "What Thor's other brother almost looked like. Revisiting my #balder design post from earlier before I leave #thorthedarkworldbehind.” One half of the art depicts Balder wearing armor, a fur cape and wielding two swords while the other half shows Thor taking down enemies in a snowy field.

In the MCU, Loki has been depicted as Thor’s adopted brother since the first film, while his older sister Hela was introduced as a Marvel villain in Thor: Ragnarok. Baldur is Thor’s half-brother in Norse mythology, and is the son of Odin and Frigg; Thor, meanwhile, is the son of Odin and Jord. In the Marvel comics, Thor’s siblings often include Balder, Hermod, and Tyr, and Balder is considered one of Thor’s closest childhood friends in these comics.

It’s unclear why Balder was removed from the film, or even if he was ever included in drafts of the script, though at some point it appears Marvel was interested in including the character in the second Thor movie. The film did experience some development hiccups, as Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins left the film over “creative differences."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait, I am confused. Near the end (around 2:58) they mentioned rumors of a Spider-Man 4 movie. Isn't Far from Home Spider-Man 2? So is there already a done deal for spiderman 3, and they are already talking about spiderman 4? Are they counting into the spiderverse as spiderman 2?

Or is this a sequal to the Toby McGuire trilogy?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Wait, I am confused. Near the end (around 2:58) they mentioned rumors of a Spider-Man 4 movie. Isn't Far from Home Spider-Man 2? So is there already a done deal for spiderman 3, and they are already talking about spiderman 4? Are they counting into the spiderverse as spiderman 2?

Or is this a sequal to the Toby McGuire trilogy?
    I didn't watch the whole thing, but there have been rumors flying around this week that Marvel is making Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 into a comic based off of a teaser image they released of a spider in a web shaped like the number 4. It seems like a stretch to me. The one comic group I'm in seemed to think it probably had something to do with Spider-man and the Fantastic 4. This is all "Marvel Comics" though not "Marvel Studios".

Edit: Correction, it was from the @marvel twitter handle, which is all marvel, but it was tagged with #MarvelComics.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Grace as always brings the nerd-knowledge about that end credits scene. Must watch!

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the signs are pointing to a big Phase 4 reveal at the San Diego Comic-Con:

https://variety.com/2019/film/featur...-h-1203262777/
    As comic book lovers air out sleeping bags and uncap fresh Sharpie autograph markers ahead of the annual San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Studios is quietly preparing a splashy rollout aimed at generating excitement among fanboys and fangirls for the next phase of “Avengers” sequels and spinoffs.

The superhero content engine, which is still selling tickets to its biggest movie ever, the $2.7 billion-grossing “Avengers: Endgame,” is returning home to an ardent core audience. But Marvel won’t have Iron Man or Captain America on board as it lands its Quinjet in Southern California.

Instead, it’s asking the moviegoers who helped usher in the superhero revolution in filmmaking to embrace a slate of adventures featuring lesser-known heroes such as Shang-Chi and the Eternals.

That a company as powerful as the Disney-owned Marvel would need to set a new table in the midst of such dizzying success is unique, prompted by the narrative aftermath of “Endgame” and a high-pressure production schedule that promises eight theatrical movie releases between May 2020 and July 2022. The most recent “Avengers” film appeared to wrap up the storylines of several key team members, signaling that the franchise is entering a transitional phase.

“This is going to be so pivotal,” says Brandon Davis, contributor to top fan site ComicBook.com and longtime follower of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “‘Endgame’ really concluded something, and the fans have devoted over 10 years to those characters.”

Stars Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans hung up their armor in the events of the last “Avengers” outing, and founding Marvel talent Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo and Chris Hemsworth have undefined roles in future movies and streaming shows.

Supreme Geek and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige is expected to unveil brand-new franchise starters at the convention in late July. Chief among them is “The Eternals,” a series about godlike alien beings to be adapted by indie director Chloé Zhao (“The Rider”), which has widely been reported to star Angelina Jolie, Kumail Nanjiani and Richard Madden, as well as “Stranger Things” lead Millie Bobby Brown.

There’s also “Shang-Chi,” the first Marvel film fronted by an Asian lead. Destin Daniel Cretton (“Short Term 12”) will direct the movie, which the studio believes will be the kind of landmark for on-screen representation that helped make “Black Panther” a zeitgeisty smash.

The Marvel presentation will not be entirely void of familiar faces. A sequel to Benedict Cumberbatch’s “Doctor Strange” is also expected to be announced, along with the confirmed third installment of “Guardians of the Galaxy” and a highly anticipated sequel to “Black Panther.” The only title currently in production is “Black Widow,” a stand-alone for Johansson’s assassin character Natasha Romanoff, from veteran TV and film director Cate Shortland. That project is a bit of a curveball, considering Johansson’s fate in “Avengers: Endgame.”

Given that many of these projects are in their nascent stages, Marvel will have to get creative to “feed and water” its audience, says a top executive at one of Disney’s rival studios. Comic-Con is a space known for big stunts, for which studios spend serious money to gain street cred — from $1 million on the low end to as much as $5 million for a multipronged marketing effort, several high-ranking executives tell Variety.

Marvel will also face increased attention due to the absence of its box office nemesis, DC Films, the Warner Bros. label that bailed on the convention despite boasting upcoming projects like “Birds of Prey,” a female superteam film with Margot Robbie; “The Joker,” a dark drama about the clown prince of darkness; and “Wonder Woman 1984.”

“Marvel will of course bring out the stars of its next phase, and that’ll be a moment for it, but you’re also using a presentation in Hall H to break a new piece of content,” says the executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “Getting something ready, like footage or a trailer for ‘Black Widow,’ means a VFX acceleration. If it’s up to two or three minutes, that can run you a million bucks.”

In the past, Marvel has trotted out concept art and computer graphics tests to illustrate its vision for a given film. When all else fails, it has relied on pure spectacle.

In 2013, the lights cut out during a standard producer Q&A, and actor Tom Hiddleston stormed the convention hall as his treacherous “Thor” character Loki, delivering a four-minute monologue threatening the humans inside his panel. In 2012, Downey Jr. danced the length of Hall H to Luther Vandross’ “Never Too Much” while giving high-fives with his Iron Man glove. Both stunts are seen as iconic moments in the convention’s history.

Comic-Con has also become known for splashy “immersive experiences,” pop-up events that re-create sets and tableaux from TV shows and movies and offer virtual- or augmented-reality-based programming — and in some cases cocktails and swag.

In 2017, Warner Bros. erected a tent the size of an airplane hangar for an experience around Ryan Gosling’s “Blade Runner 2049,” complete with costumes, cars and a video arcade. The same year, HBO spent more than $1 million on a multiroom simulation of a new guest orientation at “Westworld,” from selecting Western garb and weapons to a psychological exam with a team of devoted improvisational actors, says the executive.

It also isn’t cheap to travel with a Jolie-level star.

“San Diego isn’t Cannes, but it’s not too bad,” jokes a top marketing chief at another studio, “but will your talent only fly on a jet? Will they share the jet with other cast? Are you putting hair and makeup in a hotel overnight? Am I bringing diet-restrictive catering from L.A.? It adds up.”

Another easy stunt would be to simply remind fans that Disney now owns Marvel characters, including the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, transferred to it in its acquisition of 20th Century Fox.

Feige and company aren’t sweating, says the marketing exec.

“There’s no one better at that game than Kevin. Remember, Marvel didn’t even go in 2018 and then opened its biggest movie of all time,” the exec says.

Rotten Tomatoes editor and critic Jacqueline Coley says the studio has faced skepticism before and managed to overcome it. “Look at ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’ Who would have ever thought that would become what it did? Chris Pratt was the fourth lead on ‘Parks and Recreation.’ Dave Bautista was a wrestler. The most famous person in the movie [Bradley Cooper] voiced a raccoon,” says Coley.

“But from the very first moments of seeing that initial footage, you knew how special that was. The key is in replicating what they did there.”

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am very excited to see the next phase unfold. I did not know a lot of Characters in the past movies but I knew some. I have a feeling I will be interested in these new characters. But I am also interested in seeing if there will be an over reaching arc like The Infiniti War with Thanos. One of my friends who knows a ton about this says there will be one and they might be setting it up with the first few movies, but I honestly forget what the arc was called. Maybe Secret Wars? I like the idea of individual movies and then an over reaching arc. I am wondering if there will be more
    "Avenger" movies. Whatever. I am excited to see what comes next. At least I familiar with some of the characters that will be showing up in the future.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's commonly accepted that with the introduction of the Skrulls, that Secret Invasion will be the next overarching story arc. (the Skrulls are one of the most important components of that story)

The stakes probably won't be as high as the Thanos arc - I mean come on, the death of the entire universe is kinda hard to beat - but I trust Marvel to ensure the stakes and odds feel insurmountable.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    It's commonly accepted that with the introduction of the Skrulls, that Secret Invasion will be the next overarching story arc. (the Skrulls are one of the most important components of that story)

The stakes probably won't be as high as the Thanos arc - I mean come on, the death of the entire universe is kinda hard to beat - but I trust Marvel to ensure the stakes and odds feel insurmountable.
    Sounds good to me. I am excited to see what new characters are added and still see my old favorites

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if interest can be maintained now that Phase 3 is done.

Marvel did a masterful job of creating and building audience excitement over twenty-some movies, three phases and 12 years - and then delivering on it. I think it's going to be hard for them to kick-start a new arc and get the same kind of fan enthusiasm, but if anyone can do it, Marvel can.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Yeah, it will be interesting to see if interest can be maintained now that Phase 3 is done.

Marvel did a masterful job of creating and building audience excitement over twenty-some movies, three phases and 12 years - and then delivering on it. I think it's going to be hard for them to kick-start a new arc and get the same kind of fan enthusiasm, but if anyone can do it, Marvel can.
    Agreed. We left the theatre after endgame saying.... how can they top that? I seen Spider-Man? And was like... yeah they got this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there might be a slight, slight decline in overall interest. It will be difficult to recreate the dizzying heights of the Thanos saga cultural-zeitgeist.

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I know I am in for the long haul. I am going to see Spiderman this weekend. Maybe it's a good thing that in 2020 they only have two movies on the slate (I guess that could change), but it gives us a break and time to decompress from the last arc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast