Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Universal still owned the rights to solo Hulk films, or was it the revenue?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct. Marvel cannot produce solo Hulk outings.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    That's not entirely true. Universal only own the distribution rights to the Hulk movies. So they could produce Solo Hulk movies, they would just have to be distributed by Universal.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, you are correct. Still, I don't know if Marvel would even consider that. Disney wants to be in the drivers seat of all revenue regarding their characters.

Never say never though. The Sony + Marvel deal set an interesting precedent.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Ah yes, you are correct. Still, I don't know if Marvel would even consider that. Disney wants to be in the drivers seat of all revenue regarding their characters.

Yea I think we'll see another solo Hulk movie at some point. The Incredible Hulk didn't do nearly as bad as most people make it out to have done, and it isn't even by far the worst movie to have come out of Marvel studios. I'd probably give that spot to Iron Man 3. I think we'll probably get something in whatever the Phase 4 movies are after the two part Avengers stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Planet Hulk movie. Everyone seems to really want that, and I think it would be pretty awesome, but we'd have to get an intelligent, speaking Hulk first.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Yea I think we'll see another solo Hulk movie at some point. The Incredible Hulk didn't do nearly as bad as most people make it out to have done, and it isn't even by far the worst movie to have come out of Marvel studios. I'd probably give that spot to Iron Man 3. I think we'll probably get something in whatever the Phase 4 movies are after the two part Avengers stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Planet Hulk movie. Everyone seems to really want that, and I think it would be pretty awesome, but we'd have to get an intelligent, speaking Hulk first.
    It seemed to me that they're already starting to work their way there.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post

It seemed to me that they're already starting to work their way there.
    Spoiler
    Yea I think they are taking small steps in that direction, though the Hulk we have in the movies is still pretty far away from where he'd need to be at for them to do Planet Hulk.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's not entirely true. Universal only own the distribution rights to the Hulk movies. So they could produce Solo Hulk movies, they would just have to be distributed by Universal.

Curious nuance in the film industry to me. Why would a studio purchase distribution rights and not the rights to make the film?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Curious nuance in the film industry to me. Why would a studio purchase distribution rights and not the rights to make the film?
    Because Marvel Studios actually made the film but distributed it through Universal. It was a similar situation with Iron Man, that movie was made by Marvel Studios and distributed by Paramount.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Because Marvel Studios actually made the film but distributed it through Universal. It was a similar situation with Iron Man, that movie was made by Marvel Studios and distributed by Paramount.
    I understand, but why wouldn't they want to distribute it themselves? More money without the middleman, yes? Or they just don't have the distribution capabilities?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Marvel Studios could have afforded it. Those were the first two MCU films, and Disney still had yet to acquire Marvel. If I remember correctly, there wasn't even a lot of faith in the first Iron Man film.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct. There were A LOT of question marks surrounding Iron Man, chief of which was how the general public would react to RDJ as Tony Stark. He was considered a huge liability back then. Plus the fact that Iron Man was not a househould name in the vein of Batman, Spiderman, Superman etc.,

I understand, but why wouldn't they want to distribute it themselves? More money without the middleman, yes? Or they just don't have the distribution capabilities?
    There's a couple reasons, the first is probably money. Both Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 where all produced before Marvel sold to Disney in a time where Marvel was hurting pretty badly for money. The second reason is that most studio's don't distribute movies themselves, unless they are owned by a parent studio like Disney. Distributing a movie is a ton of work and costs a lot of money, which the studio's that actually produce the movies don't actually have. Even a movie like Star Wars (all six of them) where made by Lucas Film but distributed by 20th Century Fox. It's mostly just how the movie industry works.

Edit: Also to add to that faith in comic book movies was starting to dwindle again by that point as in the past two years we had two really bad super hero movies in X-Men The Last Stand and Spider Man 3. Both financial successes, but critically really bad movies.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info!!! Always like delving into the financial side of films.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a suggestion for a "Best of" competition. I am not capable of conducting it, but if folks are game maybe a staff member could step in. How about a "Best Super Hero Movie" contest? It could include any SH (DC/Marvel/Etc), but perhaps should be limited to the last 25 years or so given the modern state of CGI. What do you folks think?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

The Incredibles.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Birdman

Anyone else see Ant-man yet? I really liked it, probably in the top 5 or so Marvel movies for me. If you haven't there are two post credit scenes for those that like to stay around for that sort of thing.

Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear, Dan.
    I'm seeing it first thing tomorrow!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else see Ant-man yet? I really liked it, probably in the top 5 or so Marvel movies for me. If you haven't there are two post credit scenes for those that like to stay around for that sort of thing.
    Good to hear... I had my heart set on Terminator tonight but I got voted down and will be seeing this... so this is good!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler Seasick Pirate will become famous soon enough Seasick Pirate's Avatar

I really enjoyed Ant-Man. Age of Ultron was too discombobulated to me. I was relieved to find Ant-Man was a simple, straightforward story that didn't leave me with more questions than before I saw it.

The first 10 minutes or so had a few continuity errors and poor editing choices that made my heart sink at first. Though these continued throughout, they weren't too distracting and easily ignored when focusing on the great characters and fun plot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed AOU, but I agree they packed a little too much into the story. The first Avengers was better, but AOU was right behind it IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Good to hear... I had my heart set on Terminator tonight but I got voted down and will be seeing this... so this is good!
    I know you didn't like Ant-Man, but I can't imagine that you would have enjoyed Genisys any more.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I know you didn't like Ant-Man, but I can't imagine that you would have enjoyed Genisys any more.
    IDK... this is the same guy who said Jurassic World is better than Jurassic Park...
    Spoiler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast