Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm not into green women. Also, Hulk wears only shorts when he "Hulks" out. Why does she wear a top?
    Cause she's a "Lady"!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This looks like a "back on track" movie for, Marvel. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed MoM, but it got a little wacky for a bit there. Personally, I think that "in general" marvel should try to stay as close to the real world feel of the, Thanos epic. IDK why but for some reason those films felt a little more grounded. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Watched the first episode of Ms. Marvel and it was absolutely fantastic! Possibly MCU's best TV show yet. Loved it so much and can't wait to see Kamala on the big screen next year!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Possibly MCU's best TV show yet.
    ...calm down lol. It's only been 1 episode.

Loki and WandaVision are tied neck and neck for me in terms of best MCU show, so if this show approaches those two in quality I'll be pretty happy.

I'll catch EP. 1 at some point this weekend. Unfortunately for Disney/Marvel, The best comic book show, The Boys, releases new episodes on Fridays so that show takes priority.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Watched the first episode of Ms. Marvel and it was absolutely fantastic! Possibly MCU's best TV show yet. Loved it so much and can't wait to see Kamala on the big screen next year!
    Substitute "best" for "worst" and I would agree with you.

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So stoked for Love & Thunder!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    I'll second that sentiment!!!! Hemsworth, is one of the top actors portraying a Marvel character, IMHO. Right up there with, Downey and Holland I think. Vision and Scarlet Witch rounding out the top five in my book with honorable mention to, Cumberbatch.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There is likely a very good explanation for this that I missed but MoM got me thinking, Wasn't/isn't Wanda a "Nexus being? And didn't that mean that she was "singular to the MV"? There are more than a few of her in MoM. Take pity on me and explain?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You are correct Bill, Wanda is the nexus being.

Check out this article that explains it better.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Uh oh, Thor LaT starting off with a lukewarm rating on RT...

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I lost interest in the MCU sometime around Phase 2, but in the last couple of months I’ve been watching everything up to the end of Phase 3. It’s been interesting experiencing the movies without all the hype and media frenzy surrounding each one on release.

Generally, I don’t think there was a weak film in the series, and all of them had their own appeal in their own way. Some brief thoughts on some of them:
    • Doctor Strange: solid standalone flick. Bit of a different tone, and some interesting new lore thrown in.
    • Spider-man:Homecoming: fun af. The quintessential lighter-tone feel-good MCU flick. Loved it.
    • Black Panther: like Strange, a solid standalone introducing new characters and lore. Bittersweet seeing how good Chadwick Boseman was tho.
    • Infinity War: best of the series, I think. Pacing and story structure pretty much perfect, with every character contributing in some meaningful way. Damned Impressive.
    • Captain Marvel: I don’t understand what all the fuss was about, positive or negative. It was fine. Carol Danvers was a bit of a dick, as a character, but not enough to offset all the good stuff. It was neither the feminist propaganda nor the feminist triumph that people made it out to be.
    • Endgame: an exciting and satisfying conclusion. Like Thor, a little flabby, but still badass despite that. More character complexity than you usually get in this kind of movie. Impressive that after over 20 films of build-up, they actually pulled off a conclusion that not only didn’t disappoint, it exceeded expectations.
    • Spider-man: No Way Home: more lighthearted fun from our favourite neighborhood superhero, and a nice confection of a movie to enjoy with coffee at the end of the meal.
    Now watching WandaVision and really enjoying it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

OMG the Ms. Marvel finale! WOW just incredible. I'm still freaking out, shaking, and in tears! Amazing show and an amazing finish!

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I lost interest in the MCU sometime around Phase 2, but in the last couple of months I’ve been watching everything up to the end of Phase 3. It’s been interesting experiencing the movies without all the hype and media frenzy surrounding each one on release.

Generally, I don’t think there was a weak film in the series, and all of them had their own appeal in their own way. Some brief thoughts on some of them:
    • Doctor Strange: solid standalone flick. Bit of a different tone, and some interesting new lore thrown in.
    • Spider-man:Homecoming: fun af. The quintessential lighter-tone feel-good MCU flick. Loved it.
    • Black Panther: like Strange, a solid standalone introducing new characters and lore. Bittersweet seeing how good Chadwick Boseman was tho.
    • Infinity War: best of the series, I think. Pacing and story structure pretty much perfect, with every character contributing in some meaningful way. Damned Impressive.
    • Captain Marvel: I don’t understand what all the fuss was about, positive or negative. It was fine. Carol Danvers was a bit of a dick, as a character, but not enough to offset all the good stuff. It was neither the feminist propaganda nor the feminist triumph that people made it out to be.
    • Endgame: an exciting and satisfying conclusion. Like Thor, a little flabby, but still badass despite that. More character complexity than you usually get in this kind of movie. Impressive that after over 20 films of build-up, they actually pulled off a conclusion that not only didn’t disappoint, it exceeded expectations.
    • Spider-man: No Way Home: more lighthearted fun from our favourite neighborhood superhero, and a nice confection of a movie to enjoy with coffee at the end of the meal.
    Now watching WandaVision and really enjoying it.

HBJ
    Welcome Home! I think your thoughts are spot-on, especially about the tandem of Infinity War and Endgame giving us the best movie followed by a perfect landing.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, just throwing this out there but, while I'm all for diversity and inclusiveness and this show was good and representative of the culture (we have now covered most of the Middle East with, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel). How about some long standing bias' toward other cultures? Hollywood has been crapping on the German people for years. We're not ALL NAZI"s. Similarly, not all ITALIANS are members of the Mob. And the IRISH are not all booze hounds. If they're gonna go this route, which is great, let's do it all around, no?

Also, just about every culture on the planet had slaves at one time or another. How come we only recognize the slave period in the U.S.? What about European slaves? Middle Eastern slaves? Asian slaves and so on? Do they all deserve reparations? Or is the PLACE where it happened more important? I mean look at the worlds greatest achievements. Virtually none of them would have been created were it not for slaves. Sadly, its part of humanity's make-up. It's not just an, American thing. IDK just throwing some shit out there for thought. I watch WAY too much media!!! lol lol

EDIT: And this is probably not the thread to discuss this subject, right? lol It's just that, Disney seems to have appointed themselves the front runner in this arena.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Or maybe change the title to The Marvel Cinematic/Home Universe ? Or something thereof to incorporate both the Cinema and the Home Streaming services...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You know, just throwing this out there but, while I'm all for diversity and inclusiveness and this show was good and representative of the culture (we have now covered most of the Middle East with, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel. How about some long standing bias' toward other cultures? Hollywood has been crapping on the German people for years. We're not ALL NAZI"s. Similarly, not all ITALIANS are members of the Mob. And the IRISH are not all booze hounds. If they're gonna go this route, which is great, let's do it all around, no?
    Magneto is canonically German.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast