Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another great episode!!! I think from this point forward we should be getting answers and a cliffhangar or two. Currently big theory, which I agree with, is that, Wanda will increase the "Hex" boundaries to encompass the entire Earth thereby, activating the "X" gene in all mutants and introducing them to the MCU

Anyone have any thoughts about that "Yo-Magic" commercial? Seemed like it may be a hint about the Big Bad to me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am loving this show! It is so weird and quirky and allows me to have some really dorky "this is how it ties into the comics" moments explaining it to my family. Falcon and the Winter Solder is going to seem so ordinary compared to this.

I have said for awhile that Wanda is going to pull a reverse House of M and bring mutants into the MCU. It could be because she expands the Hex to cover the world or it could be that it falls apart and she just alters all of reality like she did in that story.

I think she might have made a little deal with the "devil" to get this major power upgrade. The Yo-Magic commercial might just be about that (deals with the devil normally end poorly) or it could just mean that she tried to use her (Yo-)magic to fix things but it can't save those that were destined to die.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Sounds like we're more or less on the same page.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As some of you may have gathered, I'm trying to get into this whole "MCU" thing in a big way. lol My grandson is now a big fan, my son was a bit of a "MCU Geek" back in the day and I was a comic book fan as a kid and revisited it when my son became interested. Anyway, I'm looking into all this stuff and one thing keeps popping up in my mind. Who the fuck keeps track of all these characters and plots? lol I mean, Disney must have an entire department dedicated solely to keeping track of things for the writers much as I suppose, Robin Furth did for, Steve.

FWIW, based on the above video and other research it seems to me that its a good bet that the "Thanos" of this phase will be "Galactus". That should bring the "Silver Surfer" into things as well and for my money, casting wise, Keanu Reeves should be the Surfer. The video states that, Christian Bale is almost a done deal except for a character and to me he would fit as "Adam Warlock", who we saw teased at the end of GOTG II. However, in looking up the background of that character I am puzzeled as to where, Fiege is going with these plots. Obviously, the MCU is creating their own canon using bits and pieces of storylines first appearing in the comics, but man, what a monumental task trying to keep it all straight and making sense!! I'd sure like to meet some of the folks responsible for this canon and see how they do it. Must be freaking amazing!!

Oh, and speaking of, Adam Warlock along with the mention of "Beta Ray Bill", what the HELL???? These former plots involving the infinity stones and watch along with Thor and the GOTG, man this stuff is crazy and all intertwined and again, how the fuck do they see their way through to a cohesive plot? lol lol Throw in "Wandavision", Mephisto and Dr. Doom and I'm bouncing off the walls trying to get any kind of a handle as to where they are going with this stuff!!! LOL I suppose it may be best to just sit back and watch, but my grandson seems to expect me to be some kind of authority because "You're old, Grandpa"!!! LOL LOL He thinks I was there in the beginning or something!!! LOL LOL I'm just trying to keep up and talk intelligently to the boy when he inevitably brings this stuff up. IDK just had to get all that off my cest I suppose. lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think at this point its a foregone conclusion that WV is going the reverse-House of M on us. Guess the biggest mystery now is if Mephisto (or some other baddie) is involved, and to what other ends Wanda's powers will affect the MCU going forward.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huge Ep. 7 Spoilers/plot points.....................................

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so I have a question. Does anyone have any info, seen a blog or have a viable theory as to how, if any of the Fox, X-Men movies are going to become canon or pertinent to the ongoing MCU?

Of course I realize that they have already introduced the Fox Quicksilver in the WV series and there have been tons of rumors that there will be multiple Spidermen in the next feature, but how much (or what films) plot lines and/or story will be pertinent to the ongoing MCU storyline? Will they simply import the characters or will their origin story's and various adventures become intertwined with the next phase plot?

Just kinda curious as for the most part I didn't really care for a lot of the Fox, X-Men films or the previous Non-Marvel Spiderman films. In fact, to me Fox kinda lost the thread with regard to the X-Men as a lot of that got very convoluted and mixed up in my mind. So, I'm wondering if I'm going to have to go back and re-watch (and pay closer attention to the plots) the Fox, X-Men films.

What do yu think? What have you heard? Is it a foregone conclusion that we need to go back and brush up on the Fox canon?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are pretty much rebooting the X-Men characters with a few exceptions that they will explain with the "multiverse." Deadpool will be the main one this refers to. Anything else will be a cameo. That way they can tell the stories as they like.

That means that you don't need to rewatch the Fox X-Men movies to understand the MCU X-Men. However, there were still some really good X-Men movies that I can watch anytime. They include: X2, First Class, Days of Future Past*, Logan, and both Deadpools. Even the ones like Apocalypse and The Wolverine have their moments. You just have to look past the completely muddled timelines and enjoy them for what they are. So giving them a rewatch should be fun (as long as you skip X-Men Origins: Wolverine; that one is the worse no matter what The Dark Phoenix and New Mutant haters say.)

*I think DOFP may be my favourite for a number of reasons, from Quicksilver's awesome scene to the team actually working together in the future scenes and displaying powers closer to the comic version. Also, it must be the Rogue cut because that explains how the Sentinels can mimic the mutants' powers and not just shape-shift.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...ss-score-music
    The multiverse is full of madness, and it will be scored by Danny Elfman.

In a wide-ranging interview with Inverse about his newest single "Love in the Time of Covid," a dark rock song about love, lust, and lack thereof in a year of lockdowns, Elfman confirmed he is scoring the 2022 movie Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with director Sam Raimi.

"I am starting to do bits of pre-work for Doctor Strange 2 that Sam Raimi's directing," Elfman tells Inverse. "Even though I don't start it for some months, there's bits of recorded music they need for the sets."

Naturally, Elfman couldn't reveal too much about the new Marvel Studios movie slated for release on March 25, 2022. But the film will mark a reunion between Elfman and Raimi, who first worked together on the 1990 superhero noir Darkman followed by Spider-Man in 2002 and Spider-Man 2 in 2004. Disagreements between Elfman and Raimi led to the musician exiting the franchise for 2007's Spider-Man 3. In the years since, the two mended fences and collaborated once more for the 2011 Disney fantasy film Oz the Great and Powerful.

Elfman also scored the movies Batman (1989), The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993), Mission: Impossible (1995), Men in Black (1997), and Dumbo (2019), and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015). He is known for his frequent collaborations with directors like Raimi, Tim Burton, and Gus Van Sant. Prior to his acclaimed film work, Elfman was the singer-songwriter of the new wave band Oingo Boingo.

What's extra interesting about Elfman's involvement in Doctor Strange is the concept of the multiverse. While exact details are unknown, it is widely speculated the "multiverse" will create a convergence of past Marvel film franchises — specifically the different versions of Spider-Man.

It has thus far only been rumored (and not confirmed) that Tobey Maguire — whose first two Spidey films Elfman scored — will reprise his Spider-Man in Marvel and Sony's third, untitled Spider-Man scheduled for December 17, 2021. (Actors Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx, both of whom played villains in past Spider-Man films, are reported to return in their roles as well.)

Elfman's involvement in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness suggests that Raimi is bringing as many touches of his Spider-Man films to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as he can. And while it doesn't confirm cameos, fans can be assured that the unmistakable spirit of Raimi's movies will live on in the MCU.

Meanwhile, our full interview with Danny Elfman is not one to miss and is coming soon. In the interview, Elfman speaks openly and honestly about living through a difficult pandemic year. His newest single "Love in the Time of Covid," which explores the aggravating yearning for physical intimacy in a time of social distancing, is available now with a music video from German director Sven Gutjahr and trans performer Shrek 666.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading through the Ultimate Marvel universe comics right now and (it's been out for a decade or two so it's not really a spoiler at this point) after the original set of Ultimate Fantastic Four comics, they turn Reed Richards into a villain. It's brilliant. He's almost a Thanos-type where he's doing villainous things and murdering millions of people for the betterment of humanity and the universe. That being said, I'd love to see John Krasinski as a villain, lol.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Ep 7 Spoiler

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For anyone unaware, there's a tiny post-credits scene (or is it mid-credits)? These credits are so long...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, its discussed in the breakdown above.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yeah, its discussed in the breakdown above.
    Of course, but no one should watch it before watching the episode.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A little conflicted about this latest episode...

Spoiler:
    Of course it was going to surface sooner or later that someone(s) was manipulating Wanda, but I don't like the idea of them completely absolving her of all blame. What she did was still morally deplorable, and everything has indicated that Wanda wanted this.

So if it turns out that a few things here and there were not Wanda's doing, fine. But her coming to terms and facing consequences sounds infinitely more interesting than "I was under Agatha's spell the entire time."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    A little conflicted about this latest episode...

Spoiler:
    Of course it was going to surface sooner or later that someone(s) was manipulating Wanda, but I don't like the idea of them completely absolving her of all blame. What she did was still morally deplorable, and everything has indicated that Wanda wanted this.

So if it turns out that a few things here and there were not Wanda's doing, fine. But her coming to terms and facing consequences sounds infinitely more interesting than "I was under Agatha's spell the entire time."

To be fair...................................

Spoiler:
    I think its still a little too early to pass judgement like this on her as yet. She has acknowledged her behavior several times throughout the episodes so its quite possible she is not entirely to blame for the present situation. At least she appears aware of her bad judgement so far. To me, she is far from blameless so far and seems to realize it. The show certainly attempted to lay some of the blame at, Agatha's feet with that segment stating it was all her all along. To my mind there is still a villain to be revealed. From what I can gather that villain may be partially responsible for, Agatha's behavior as well as having somedegree of control or influence over, Wanda. I think this is a scenario wherein the bad guys needed to use, Wanda's powers to facillitate whatever master plan they have in mind and therefore needed to control her while they siphoned off what they needed. Just some speculation and observations on my part I'm sure we will know a LOT more from the last 2 episodes (which are supposed to be an hour or more long).
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mae, you're out of order, this thread is out of order, this whole damn forum is out of order!!!!

Could the secret Big Bad Guy in "Wandavision" be???????????????????????????????????????

Spoiler:
    AL PACINO

While it would probably be very cool to see, him as "Mephisto" I'm personally not so sure and take this video with a grain of salt. Probably the most likely suspect is, Benedict Cumberbatch/Dr. Strange, which would be an obvious lead in to "The Multi-verse of Madness", but that doesn't exactly fit all the hype and Paul Bettany's claims of working with an actor he never has before, etc. I suppose I'm leaning more towards the appearance of, "Magneto" which would segue to the X-Men and mutants as a whole. Of course, it's all just speculation, who knows? The proposed icon would sure as hell be a "WTF Moment" on the level of Skywalker appearing in "The Mandalorian" for sure though. Anybody out there have any thoughts or theories???
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just heard a rumor that if "Nightmare" turns out to be the next bad guy, he could be played by, Mark Hamill who voiced him in a prior Marvel animated feature. Could he be the actor, Paul Bettany has always wanted to work with? Also, there's a theory that the big baddie could well be, Mephisto but that they will mash him up/call him "Nightmare" to square them away with any release in, China. Apparently, much as they mashed up two characters to create "Whiplash" in , Iron Man II.

Any thoughts regarding this rumor? Seems to make a certain amount of sense to me. They already had, Hamill in house for "The Mandalorian" finale and who knows maybe one appearance was contingent upon the other? It doesn't sound crazy anyway. I'd love to hear your thoughts out there.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy Huge Spoilers, Batman!!!!

If this video is correct it has HUGE plot and character spoilers for episode 8 & 9!!! Watch at your won risk!!! Holy character cameo's!!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Info regarding the "China Issue" worth viewing if you're interested in the issue and it's influence on programming.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Official title for Spider-man 3 released:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/13646...30985%3Fs%3D21
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast