Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Well James Gunn is off Guardians 3, for what I think is a pretty dumb reason. Basically FOX News dug up some 8+ year old tweets, that are offensive jokes. So Disney / Marvel "severed ties" with him. There's no way Disney / Marvel didn't know what they were getting into when they hired him. Plus at the end of the day they are just old, bad jokes, made in poor taste. To me that'd be like firing Robert Downey Jr. because he used to be a drug addict (yes James Gunn isn't really equivalent to RDJ)
    At this point everyone needs to purge their old tweets. A pitcher for the Brewers is in trouble for 6-7 year old tweets that were racist and homophobic. Whether he meant them is up for debate but with so many getting in trouble this way I’m surprised it hasn’t become common practice.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Well James Gunn is off Guardians 3, for what I think is a pretty dumb reason. Basically FOX News dug up some 8+ year old tweets, that are offensive jokes. So Disney / Marvel "severed ties" with him. There's no way Disney / Marvel didn't know what they were getting into when they hired him. Plus at the end of the day they are just old, bad jokes, made in poor taste. To me that'd be like firing Robert Downey Jr. because he used to be a drug addict (yes James Gunn isn't really equivalent to RDJ)
    At this point everyone needs to purge their old tweets. A pitcher for the Brewers is in trouble for 6-7 year old tweets that were racist and homophobic. Whether he meant them is up for debate but with so many getting in trouble this way I’m surprised it hasn’t become common practice.
    Some websites cache all tweets and even if you delete them, search engines can still bring them back until updated. I've searched for some of my deleted tweets and have found them on other websites, usually sites in other countries. I just don't tweet any more.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    IMHO This kinda shit is starting to get way out of hand. It's beginning to resemble the McCarthy years. I'd venture to say that if you have the desire and look hard enough you can find this kinda stuff about just about anyone, anywhere at some point.

Spoiler:
    Maybe I should start going back and editing some of my old posts!! LOL LOL
    Tell that to Cruz:

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...orrible-tweets
    Wow. These #JamesGunn tweets are just horrible. Child rape is no laughing matter. As Texas SG, I handled far too many child sexual assaults. Truly evil. I’m glad Disney fired him, but if these tweets are true, he needs to be prosecuted. pic.twitter.com/1IgHC18J4x
    — Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) July 21, 2018

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    IMHO This kinda shit is starting to get way out of hand. It's beginning to resemble the McCarthy years. I'd venture to say that if you have the desire and look hard enough you can find this kinda stuff about just about anyone, anywhere at some point.

Spoiler:
    Maybe I should start going back and editing some of my old posts!! LOL LOL
    Tell that to Cruz:

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...orrible-tweets
    Wow. These #JamesGunn tweets are just horrible. Child rape is no laughing matter. As Texas SG, I handled far too many child sexual assaults. Truly evil. I’m glad Disney fired him, but if these tweets are true, he needs to be prosecuted. pic.twitter.com/1IgHC18J4x
    — Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) July 21, 2018
    I haven't been able to read the quoted/jokes in question, but it sounds to me that next we should go afte every comedian who joked about the Catholic Church. Where does it all end? And the motive for the expose was revenge politics? Jesus, Mary & Joseph!!! I'm thankful that I am retired and twitter free!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What did he say exactly?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

What did he say exactly?
    I don't remember the specific jokes, I do remember one of them was a pedophilia joke. Again though the jokes are bad and not funny, but they were made a long time ago, before he worked for Disney. He also apologized for them several years ago as well.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

He retweeted something a convicted pedophile posted about prepubescent girls touching themselves with a link, the link was to something other than that but I'm thinking a lot of folks at Disney simply couldn't handle that one in particular but then coupled with several more (raping boys and women, graphic sexual act descriptions, 9/11, AIDS etc), it became something Disney was not prepared to deal with. It is scary that you can get fired for something you did before even working for a particular company. If Disney didn't own Marvel, I think more of a fight would have been put up. Lots of folks want to compare this with the Roseanne thing and I can almost see the comparison but Roseanne made her tweets while working for ABC, Gunn wasn't even working for Disney when he made those tweets. I dunno, I do feel bad for the guy but I also get why Disney did what they did. In this day and age, letting a scandal go even for a short amount of time can be very costly.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    He retweeted something a convicted pedophile posted about prepubescent girls touching themselves with a link, the link was to something other than that but I'm thinking a lot of folks at Disney simply couldn't handle that one in particular but then coupled with several more (raping boys and women, graphic sexual act descriptions, 9/11, AIDS etc), it became something Disney was not prepared to deal with. It is scary that you can get fired for something you did before even working for a particular company. If Disney didn't own Marvel, I think more of a fight would have been put up. Lots of folks want to compare this with the Roseanne thing and I can almost see the comparison but Roseanne made her tweets while working for ABC, Gunn wasn't even working for Disney when he made those tweets. I dunno, I do feel bad for the guy but I also get why Disney did what they did. In this day and age, letting a scandal go even for a short amount of time can be very costly.
    True... I have to agree with you. Disney doesn't put up with that no matter when you did it... I am surprised it took so long for this to happen honestly...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

True... I have to agree with you. Disney doesn't put up with that no matter when you did it... I am surprised it took so long for this to happen honestly...
    My big argument is that there's no way that Disney / Marvel didn't know about this when they hired him. It's very hypocritical of them to fire him over this. Especially given the fact the he apologized for this stuff something like 6 years ago.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My big argument is that there's no way that Disney / Marvel didn't know about this when they hired him. It's very hypocritical of them to fire him over this. Especially given the fact the he apologized for this stuff something like 6 years ago.
    Oh I'm sure they knew. Make no mistake, this was all politically motivated. Gunn spoke out against Trump so this pizzagate guy (who was charged with rape in 2003, reduced down to misdemeanor battery) decided to take Gunn down. In a different political climate, Gunn would not have been fired.

What's interesting, to me at least, is that Trump supported Roy Moore, was good friends with Jeff Epstein and was accused of raping a 13 year old girl himself but no outrage from Cernovich and others over any of that.

Bobcat Goldthwait has asked that his voice be removed from an upcoming Disney attraction because of Gunn's firing and Michael Rooker quit Twitter. About a quarter of a million people have signed a petition to get Gunn rehired. Bobcat pointed out that James Woods voice appears on this attraction too and told Disney to check out some of his vile old tweets. He also asked Disney if they were still making money from Powder, directed by a convicted pedophile. This doesn't seem to be going away any time soon.

Bobcat Goldthwait has asked that his voice be removed from an upcoming Disney attraction because of Gunn's firing and Michael Rooker quit Twitter. About a quarter of a million people have signed a petition to get Gunn rehired. Bobcat pointed out that James Woods voice appears on this attraction too and told Disney to check out some of his vile old tweets. He also asked Disney if they were still making money from Powder, directed by a convicted pedophile. This doesn't seem to be going away any time soon.
    Yea and almost the entire main cast of Gaurdians seem to be supporting Gunn. Batista seems to be particularly vocal about it.

Country
    Country Flag

Cerrnovich is pure trash. People should sue his ass for calling them pedophiles and rapists.

Country
    Country Flag

Good discussion of the James Gunn situation here:

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That second Venom trailer is much better, imo. I think Tom Hardy is a fantastic choice, I'm just not crazy about a Venom origin movie without Spider-Man. Hopefully the movie proves me wrong

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    That second Venom trailer is much better, imo. I think Tom Hardy is a fantastic choice, I'm just not crazy about a Venom origin movie without Spider-Man. Hopefully the movie proves me wrong
    The last silly 15 seconds kind of threw me off.... loved the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny enough, the first time I watched the trailer I really didn't catch a lot of the dialogue, but after another viewing I'd have to agree with you. Especially the dog turd line. Hopefully the humor doesn't come across too forced, and it's just all for the sake of the trailer

Country
    Country Flag

Funny enough, the first time I watched the trailer I really didn't catch a lot of the dialogue, but after another viewing I'd have to agree with you. Especially the dog turd line. Hopefully the humor doesn't come across too forced, and it's just all for the sake of the trailer
    That turd part... it REALLY pissed me off. I heard Sony was doing this R too... and now I think they are leaning towards PG-13. They could have something gloroius here if they don't screw it up. Venom is MY ALL TIME FAV COMIC character. I hope they do it right... and even Spiderman showing up and/or Carnage will be brilliant.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

This is curious:

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-war-cap...cull-obsidian/
    With Avengers: Infinity War out on home video, fans have been combing the film for Easter eggs offering clues as to what Avengers 4 may hold. Given how Thanos ended proceedings with his snap, it makes sense fans are trying to suss out everything they can to determine how the sequel takes shape.

Well, some eagle-eyed Reddit fans have spotted a major Captain Marvel Easter egg from the battle scene where Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw come to Earth to face off against Tony Stark, Wong and Doctor Strange for the Time Stone.

The image shows Cull Obsidian, the Black Order’s main muscle, wearing a piece of cloth hanging from his waist. The cloth appears to share the same red, blue and yellow color scheme as Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel. The superhero persona of Carol Danvers was teased in the film’s post-credits, hinting she could be the equalizer to the Mad Titan.

Of course, it’s unknown if this cloth is directly linked to her, with some theorists positing the villain may have acquired it from her in a past fight. Some believe it could be pure coincidence, but given how Captain Marvel’s solo movie is set in the past (and the prevailing theory that Avengers 4 might feature time-travel), the possibilities are endless as to when and if the creature faced off against her.

As it stands, fans will simply have to wait to see how the first-female fronted superhero flick from Marvel Studios factors in, with many anxious to see how Kevin Feige and company fashion Danvers as the new face of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, Avengers: Infinity War stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Paul Bettany, Anthony Mackie, Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Tom Hiddleston and Josh Brolin. The film arrives Aug. 14 on DVD and Blu-ray.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. That is a good catch!

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast