Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Choose UP TO 6 films to move on to the next round!

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956

19 67.86%
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey

20 71.43%
  • The Blob 1988

9 32.14%
  • Altered States

9 32.14%
  • The Incredible Shrinking Man

7 25.00%
  • Star Wars Episode VI : Return of the Jedi

21 75.00%
  • Seconds

3 10.71%
  • The Abyss

21 75.00%
  • Barbarella

4 14.29%
  • Gattaca

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 1 Group K

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Sorry, guys. I would disagree. The aliens and effects may have been cool, but the characters were pretty forgettable. I wouldn't rank it anywhere near the top of Sci-Fi films.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I need to watch it again. Like I mentioned elsewhere, I remember liking The Abyss but not being blown away by it, certainly not to put it in the Top of anything lists.
    I don't know about you boys....

I love that it takes place underwater. Especially since it's typically the opposite when it comes to scifi. I know I've said it numerous times already, but it's probably my number one scifi film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love underwater films. I've always been fascinated by the ocean and everything that inhabits it. It's true that the mysteries of our oceans can literally match the mysteries of outer space. We've hardly even scratched the surface of exploring our oceans.

This alone is why I loved The Abyss.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

GO MARRY THE OCEAN WHY DON'T YOU! GOSH!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Sorry, guys. I would disagree. The aliens and effects may have been cool, but the characters were pretty forgettable. I wouldn't rank it anywhere near the top of Sci-Fi films.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I need to watch it again. Like I mentioned elsewhere, I remember liking The Abyss but not being blown away by it, certainly not to put it in the Top of anything lists.
    I don't know about you boys....

I love that it takes place underwater. Especially since it's typically the opposite when it comes to scifi. I know I've said it numerous times already, but it's probably my number one scifi film.
    U.K. 1st EDITION (ONLY HARDCOVER EDITION) ORSON SCOTT CARD & MICHAEL BIEHN.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4