Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Choose UP TO 6 films that deserve to move on to the next round!

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Five Million Years to Earth aka The Quatermass Pit

4 12.50%
  • Alphaville

2 6.25%
  • Total Recall

27 84.38%
  • Vanilla Sky

7 21.88%
  • Star Wars Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back

27 84.38%
  • The Creeping Unknown aka The Quatermass Experiment

3 9.38%
  • Woman In the Moon

1 3.13%
  • Predator

25 78.13%
  • Soylent Green

14 43.75%
  • Ghostbusters

18 56.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 1, Group D

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 1, Group D

Note:
    Although you can vote for a maximum of 6 films in the polls, it doesn't necessarily mean you HAVE to vote for 6. We encourage you to vote only on those you strongly feel deserve to move on to the next round.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Four movies got my vote...

Predator
    Total Recall
    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Ghostbusters

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    "SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!! THEY'RE MAKING OUR FOOD OUT OF PEOPLE!!"

1) Total Recall
    2) Predator
    3) Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    4) Soylent Green
    5) Vanilla Sky
    6) Ghostbusters
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coming soon:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Went with:

Alphaville
    Total Recall
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Woman In the Moon
    Predator
    Soylent Green

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My votes:

Total Recal
    Ghostbusters
    Vanilla Sky (my nom)
    Predator
    Empire Strikes Back

Been meaning to watch Soylent Green for awhile if only because of the subject matter.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Total Recall and Vanilla Sky

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I'm surprised that's all.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Predator. Probably has to do with the circumstances of the viewing (long story), but it was great.
    I only voted for 3. Intentionally did not vote for SW V TESB.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Predator is the best Schwarzenegger nominated. I mean the best Schwarzenegger movie. I mean… aren't those about the same thing?
    We even got The Running Man.

Still haven't decided if I care to vote for this one.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Two best in the group! *thumbs up*

"Howdy Quade! Get yo ass to mahs."

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Four movies got my vote...

Predator
    Total Recall
    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Ghostbusters
    Moi aussi
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Why? Total Recall is very good for its genre, and Vanilla Sky is just very good.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that new superhero movie probably is as good as Total Recall.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Why? Total Recall is very good for its genre, and Vanilla Sky is just very good.
    I wouldn't say that about Vanilla Sky, but Alphaville and Woman in the Moon as well as Soylent Green are great classics.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Vanilla Sky = first dvd I ever bought.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm ecstatic to see Predator getting so much love. It is an almost perfect science fiction film. Conceptually, in execution, in sound and acting. A little under two decades old and the Predator's light bending invisibility cloak is still an FX work of art. The 6 members of the rescue squad play perfectly off each other.

For a movie about a 7 foot alien with a shoulder plasma cannon, the film is surprisingly minimalistic on the elements that make up sci fi, but it is very visceral. The last half hour with Arnie and Predator exchanging roles as hunter and hunted in the open jungle is sheer perfection. Gods, I love that movie.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Except how his infrared sight cannot see through dried mud... That will bother me until the day I die

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We discussed that!

The explanation is perfectly plausible.

I'm still not buying it

(But I can overlook the glaring error)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not an error if it was worked into the script intentionally

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL

It's okay, I know you love me deep down.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm ecstatic to see Predator getting so much love. It is an almost perfect science fiction film. Conceptually, in execution, in sound and acting. A little under two decades old and the Predator's light bending invisibility cloak is still an FX work of art. The 6 members of the rescue squad play perfectly off each other.

For a movie about an alien with a shoulder plasma cannon, the film is surprisingly minimalistic on the elements that make up sci fi, but it is very visceral. The last half hour with Arnie and Predator exchanging roles as hunter and hunted in the open jungle is sheer perfection. Gods, I love that movie.
    Ditto.

I just love the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    LOL

It's okay, I know you love me deep down.

You're right, loser!

(About me loving you, not the infrared debacle)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast