Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "That Bus Is Another World": New short story in August 2014 Esquire

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are already people with a copy in hand. I have photos of the story, but only the first paragraph is readable. Waiting for clearer pictures.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Ah, then I need to go find one then. Not sure where in Sweden I can get a copy though since it takes forever for them to get here :-(

Lilja

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing subscribers get it a bit earlier.

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

well, if anyone gets good scans, please let me know. i went way out of my way to go to a B&N yesterday just in hopes that they had this issue and they still had the May one out, which seems ridiculous. so, i'll get the issue, but given how behind they are, it may be awhile before i go back! can't wait to read the story though. i just love his short fiction so much!

thanks!

-justin

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

It is the one King got the idea to in Paris...
    http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=4173

Lilja

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

So, has anyone read it yet?

Lilja

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost? View Post
    well, if anyone gets good scans, please let me know. i went way out of my way to go to a B&N yesterday just in hopes that they had this issue and they still had the May one out, which seems ridiculous. so, i'll get the issue, but given how behind they are, it may be awhile before i go back! can't wait to read the story though. i just love his short fiction so much!

thanks!

-justin
    There are 2 available on ebay. You will likely get one before b&N has one.
    $8.95+$4.85 shipping out of New Jersey:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NO-LABEL-ESQ...p2047675.l2557

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read it. The story is like SK had already explained in Hamburg and the title is an answer.
    A nice short story on a thin subject. The beauty is in the storytelling.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was at my local B&N and there was one copy on the stand and a few if the previous one so it should already be out.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    I've read it. The story is like SK had already explained in Hamburg and the title is an answer.
    A nice short story on a thin subject. The beauty is in the storytelling.
    Yes, but I was very disappointed...

Spoiler:
    simply because there is nothing more than what he said. He claimed that he had half of the story, and that's what I felt after reading it.
    I wanted something more to happen...
    But I also understand the necessity to stop it here, and make it as if nothing important happen, and life just goes on...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Got my copy in the mail today!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stopped at my local B&N today, but they still had out the old Esquire. Perhaps it will be around next week.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Stopped at my local B&N today, but they still had out the old Esquire. Perhaps it will be around next week.
    Same at mine.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy in the airport today

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to B&N yesterday and they had both the old and the newest issue on the stand, but in very different places. I got two of the new one.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been a long time since I read a short story by King that I didn't like as this one.

And I mean A LONG TIME.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice cowboy_ed will become famous soon enough cowboy_ed's Avatar

Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Was a nice five minute read.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Went to Hilton Head B&N and they just stocked them. Haven't read it yet though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2