Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Sci Fi nominations + General updates throughout the tournament

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

12. Aliens

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

13. The Matrix

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

14. ALIEN

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

15. Gravity
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Twelve Monkeys

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

17. Dark City

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

18. Ghost in the Shell.

19.GOJIRA 1954

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

20. The Truman Show

Country
    Country Flag

21. The Abyss (director's cut)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    20. The Truman Show
    sci fi?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    20. The Truman Show
    sci fi?
    Definitely.

See the following description...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truman_Show

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    20. The Truman Show
    sci fi?
    Definitely.

See the following description...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truman_Show
    Point taken. Sci fi it is!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

22. Star Wars Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back

23. The Thing from Another World!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    10. Invasion of the Body Snatchers

I HAVE TO KNOW 1956 OR 1978? " I WAS IN BOTH"
    Spoiler:

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW TOO
    The original of course. Sorry I meant to specify in my post.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    21. The Abyss (director's cut)
    Thank you, this was going to be my next nomination. I can't believe I didn't nominate it as my first. It's probably my favorite sci-fi film.

24. Planet of the Apes 1968
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

To clarify...

The settings for science fiction are often contrary to those of consensus reality, but most science fiction relies on a considerable degree of suspension of disbelief, which is facilitated in the reader's mind by potential scientific explanations or solutions to various fictional elements. Science fiction elements include:

A time setting in the future, in alternative timelines, or in a historical past that contradicts known facts of history or the archaeological record. (Back to the Future)

A spatial setting or scenes in outer space (e.g. spaceflight), on other worlds, or on subterranean earth. (2001: A Space Odyssey)

Characters that include aliens, mutants, androids, or humanoid robots and other types of characters arising from a future human evolution. (Aliens)

Futuristic or plausible technology such as ray guns, teleportation machines, and humanoid computers. (Star Wars)

Scientific principles that are new or that contradict accepted physical laws, for example time travel, wormholes, or faster-than-light travel or communication. (Event Horizon)

New and different political or social systems, e.g. dystopian, post-scarcity, or post-apocalyptic. (The Truman Show)

Paranormal abilities such as mind control, telepathy, telekinesis, and teleportation. (Scanners)

Other universes or dimensions and travel between them. (Pleasantville)

Country
    Country Flag

25. Pleasantville.

Country
    Country Flag

26. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

27. FORBIDDEN PLANET.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. 2001 : A Space Odyssey
    2. Blade Runner
    3. Star Wars Episode IV : A New Hope
    4. A Clockwork Orange
    5. Terminator 2
    6. Never Let Me Go
    7. Metropolis
    8. Back to the Future I
    9. Gattaca
    10. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
    11. Jurassic Park
    12. Aliens
    13. The Matrix
    14. Alien
    15. Gravity
    16. Twelve Monkeys
    17. Dark City
    18. Ghost in the Shell
    19. Gojira (1954)
    20. The Truman Show
    21. The Abyss
    22. Star Wars Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back
    23. The Thing From Another World!
    24. Planet of the Apes 1968
    25. Pleasantville
    26. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    27. Forbidden Planet
    28. Akira
    29. Fantastic Planet
    30. West World
    31. This Island Earth
    32. District 9
    33. Her

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This will be like the horror movie tournament and I'll miss all the nominations, sigh lol

29. Fantastic Planet
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

30. Westworld

31. THIS ISLAND EARTH.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast