Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And I feel the same way too. Welcome, Bob!

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was so excited to see him here.

Probably much more than is truly warranted but I heard he was one of the most prolific collectors around.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Bob, and greetings to all the other collectors who are coming in as well! I'm glad you all have joined us, please make yourselves right at home.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, welcome to all the other Collectors and Collector wannabes that have joined us here of late.

I did not intentionally snub you when I welcomed Bob, but cmon, he is like God!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its like saying..."Welcome God, and the earth as well"

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not get carried away here.

Seriously, though, thanks for the welcoming words. I think I'll pull up a chair and sit a spell.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

At any rate, its great to have you.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wanted to take a moment and say "thank you" to all the collectors on this site.

The forum itself is fascinating, so informative its actually a joy to sit down and read this stuff. The contributions are amazing.

But besides that, in my experience, you guys are some of the most warm, generous and friendly fanatics I have every been around.

Seriously though, what a cool thing to get a chance to interact with you guys.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Let's not get carried away here.

Seriously, though, thanks for the welcoming words. I think I'll pull up a chair and sit a spell.
    i'm not getting on my knees, but...welcome bob...
    (ok... maybe i am bowing a bit)
    god... no
    messiah...no
    king of King... yes

(ha, as an atheist, i like that little religious pun, how i do entertain myself sometimes)

while not god... bob does own one god-damn great collection doesn't he.

note: if bob was god... then i couldn't believe in him.... sorry bob.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob (aka carlosdetweiller) posted the most awesome pics of his SK Collection in his basement on the .net site. How about bringing them over here Bob?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see that collection here. I didn't get much of a chance to look at that stuff at .net

I am so hoping that happens. If help is needed, please call on me.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

my "Ode to Bob" Haiku

Bob is not a god
    Nor is Bob the messiah
    King of King... Bob is

(obviously still entertaining myself... last day at work for quite a while... i think i'll quit goofing off and go home)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever it takes man...whatever it takes.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those basement book collection books are very impressive. I hope we get to see them again here in this forum!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try to figure out how ya'll post pics on this site and put some things up. It was pretty easy at tdt.net, not so easy here.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Really?

I'd sure like to make it as easy as possible so I'm up for suggestions anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Really?

I'd sure like to make it as easy as possible so I'm up for suggestions anytime.
    I haven't really tried so I don't know. I just have to figure out which hosting service I will use, set up an account, learn how it works, etc.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got the same problem. That's why I'm using the thumbnail attachments so often. I'd rather not do those, but I just can't figure out the other.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be happy to explain you guys.

TheDarkTower.com works as a hosting service for your images if you would like to use it, not required but it is there.

To host them on this site, simply click the "gallery" link above in the tool bar.

You should see an "upload picture" option on the upper right of your screen.

Once in there you can browse out to the pic on your local drive and choose it. Create a title, description and keywords. The title is all that is required there.

Once you hit upload, the board will automatically put the pic in your "member gallery". Then its hosted like anywhere else. Simply right click the image and...

for IE: choose "properties" and copy the URL in there

for firefox: choose "copy image location"

(one of those two steps have to be done no matter which hosting service you use).

Once they are in your member gallery, I can make sure they get into the collections folder. Once there they are randomly viewable on the site at this page.

http://www.thedarktower.org/collections

I know that seems like a lot but its as simple as going into the gallery and hitting "upload photo"

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just uploaded two images and it worked!

I'll be using it now!

Thanks,
    John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so glad, thanks for using it John.

I forgot to mention that after you have uploaded it and copied the URL location (or other method for firefox), you can post it on the forum but using the "Insert Image" button in the tool bar of the reply box. Just paste the URL in there.

I figure folks probably know that but I wanted to toss it out in case.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that additional info. I'd have probably screwed it up.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread gives deatiled instructions on using the gallery, as well as a hosting service. There are even detailed screen shots.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

dang!

I need to remember to not reinvent the wheel and remember those are out there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast