Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Contest #4 - Maerlyn's Rainbow!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew you would Its more demonic.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Its not like I dislike the new version, though. Oh and I can see the pink elephants now that you mention them.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Its not like I dislike the new version, though. Oh and I can see the pink elephants now that you mention them.

Is the acid starting to kick in then?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Oh I don't need acid or shrooms.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Me neither

Spoiler:
    anymore

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Imagine reading the Dark Tower series in that state..

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have to imagine. Back when I used to do that stuff I read I-III in that (and many other) states.

If you rescue me

hmmmmmm

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's just incredibly hard to focus for long when you're tripping hard. It's easier reading during the afterglow. However with how much I did back then there was very little time for afterglow.

If you rescue me

I made a thread in Gilead for this..

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw.

If you rescue me

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Thanks

Mike - I don't know about you, but I'll be really into something while I'm planning it out/drawing/painting it - but once I'm done I get really critical and always end up grading myself "Could have done better"
    oh i do that a lot too.

i'll just sit there and stare at a painting or drawing and judge the shit out of it. I go through a series of touch-ups/changes/judging until i just get so sick of it and abandon the damn thing, accepting it is finished.

sometimes i'm really happy with something, and i declare it done. then two or three months later, i'll look at it and be like, "what the eff is this crap? what was i thinking??"

it's a pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    i'll just sit there and stare at a painting or drawing and judge the shit out of it.

Mike, Mike, Mike...I've told you, thats what I'M here for!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Thanks

Mike - I don't know about you, but I'll be really into something while I'm planning it out/drawing/painting it - but once I'm done I get really critical and always end up grading myself "Could have done better"
    oh i do that a lot too.

i'll just sit there and stare at a painting or drawing and judge the shit out of it. I go through a series of touch-ups/changes/judging until i just get so sick of it and abandon the damn thing, accepting it is finished.

sometimes i'm really happy with something, and i declare it done. then two or three months later, i'll look at it and be like, "what the eff is this crap? what was i thinking??"

it's a pain in the arse.
    i had to force myself to post mine in order to stop myself from tinkering with it "just a little bit more" for the 80th time. the real issue for me with doing all my art digitally is the temptation to just hit "file-close" and say "fuck it, this piece sucks. bye bye." done it before and sure i will do it again.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it, Lisa!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    i'll just sit there and stare at a painting or drawing and judge the shit out of it.

Mike, Mike, Mike...I've told you, thats what I'M here for!
    damn. i keep forgetting!

duly noted, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

i had to force myself to post mine in order to stop myself from tinkering with it "just a little bit more" for the 80th time. the real issue for me with doing all my art digitally is the temptation to just hit "file-close" and say "fuck it, this piece sucks. bye bye." done it before and sure i will do it again.
    i hear ya, man. i do a bunch of digital stuff every now and then, and it's so easy to just make it go away forever.

sometimes it feels good to throw it away.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers Daggers I'm tempted to redo it again...thank goodness it ends tommorrow

Mike + Jayson: totally what I'm saying! Its good to have a place where people are honest about their art, I was at Deviantart for a while but alot of people there seem too arrogant to be honest and chat about stuff.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Cheers Daggers I'm tempted to redo it again...thank goodness it ends tommorrow

Mike + Jayson: totally what I'm saying! Its good to have a place where people are honest about their art, I was at Deviantart for a while but alot of people there seem too arrogant to be honest and chat about stuff.
    i didn't even know what i did was art until my friends told me it was. [can you say "american primitive" duma key readers?]. i used to just use photoshop to make cool covers for my cds and backgrounds for ads at work. i started to use those skills to make pretty pictures but when i showed my friends [whom i consider actual artists, they have shows, they went to college for it, etc] they said it was art. i'm still not sure either way, but i can be honest about it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

If no one is asking for an extension, the contest ends tomorrow!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Contest is now closed. Voting to begin soon!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4