Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bazaar of Bad Dreams: New short story collection (11/03/15)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nocny View Post
    'The Bazaar Of Bad Dreams' is the tittle.
    Silly title. Hope it gets changed. Confirmed here: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/06...fast-as-he-can

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do love him saying "It should be a pretty fat book"! I know he said it should collect about 20 stories, so it can be less (or more), but right now we have:
    1. Throttle
    2. Ur
    3. Premium Harmony
    4. Herman Wouk is Still Alive
    5. Under the Weather
    6. Mile 81
    7. The Little Green God of Agony
    8. The Dune
    9. In the Tall Grass
    10. A Face in the Crowd
    11. Batman and Robin Have an Altercation
    12. Afterlife
    13. Summer Thunder
    14. Bad Little Kid
    15. That Bus Is Another World

That's only fifteen, but it may also include the recent poems (Mostly Old Men, The Bone Church, Tommy), bringing the total up to 18. I'm not counting the Rock and Roll Dead Zone thing. And as I mentioned on the first page, there's Morality, but that's included with the trade edition of Blockade Billy, so technically it's collected. Again, as mentioned on the first page, King could add two long-uncollected stories to bring the total to 20: Weeds and The Crate, and all would be great with the world

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure Morality will be included but I don't know if it's possible to add stories written with Hill and O'Nan?

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt Morality will be included. It's already part of a separate King book and he doesn't tend to collect stories more than once.

Country
    Country Flag

But it's in trade edition of 'Blockade Billy' only so, how many people have it? And we're talking about USA citizens only, right?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the title of this new collection.

Here's what I would like to see.

01. Slade
    02. Man With A Belly
    03. The Old Dude's Ticker
    04. Throttle
    05. Ur
    06. Morality
    07. Premium Harmony
    08. Herman Wouk Is Still Alive
    09. Under The Weather
    10. Mile 81
    11. The Little Green God Of Agony
    12 The Dune
    13. In The Tall Grass
    14. A Face In The Crowd
    15. Batman And Robin Have An Altercation
    16. Afterlife
    17. The Rock And Roll Dead Zone
    18. Summer Thunder
    19. Bad Little Kid
    20. That Bus Is Another World

Maybe, someday, we'll see these as well.

01. The Star Invaders
    02. Codename: Mousetrap
    03. I Was A Teenage Grave Robber
    04. The 43rd Dream
    05. The Glass Floor
    06. Stud City
    07. The Blue Air Compressor
    08. The Revenge Of Lard Ass Hogan
    09. Weeds
    10. The King Family And The Wicked Witch
    11. The Night Of The Tiger
    12. The Crate
    13. The Reploids
    14. Pinfall

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Maybe, someday, we'll see these as well.

01. The Star Invaders
    02. Codename: Mousetrap
    03. I Was A Teenage Grave Robber
    04. The 43rd Dream
    05. The Glass Floor
    06. Stud City
    07. The Blue Air Compressor
    08. The Revenge Of Lard Ass Hogan
    09. Weeds
    10. The King Family And The Wicked Witch
    11. The Night Of The Tiger
    12. The Crate
    13. The Reploids
    14. Pinfall
    I can see all of these every day, on my computer.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really hoping to see Weeds and The Crate included, like The Cat From Hell was finally collected in Just After Sunset. Those are two great stories and I don't know why they were never collected.

Country
    Country Flag

From StephenKing.com:
    "The next short story collection containing many of the previously published but hard-to-find short stories published since Just After Sunset."

I think 'Morality' is hard to find for most of the fans on the world

EDIT: By the way, release date 30th November 2015.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

StephenKing.com has a release date of "November 30th, 2014"!? Typo?

Country
    Country Flag

I think 'Morality' is hard to find for most of the fans on the world
    You can buy the trade hardcover of Blockade Billy with Morality on Amazon right now for as low as one cent.

EDIT: By the way, release date 30th November 2015.
    That's not a Tuesday.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IDK if any more older stories will be included. He said in the introduction to "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" that he had included all of the stories that were written at the time that he wanted to, the exception being "The Cat from Hell" that he mistakenly thought was already in a collection.

I do wonder about the Joe Hill collaborations. Would Joe be able to include them as well in a future collection?

Also I think Morality is a decent enough guess as he never included it in an anthology before.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Also I think Morality is a decent enough guess as he never included it in an anthology before.
    I'd be surprised if it's included. King has never included stories in more than one of his books. The exception being that "Goes to the Movies" nonsense. I would expect Under the Weather to be included, since that only was included in the paperback reprint of Full Dark, No Stars. Morality, however, was included in the trade hardcover of Blockade Billy, so it's already collected in a King book. That's my understanding, anyway, Unless King considers the original limited edition of Blockade Billy as the "real" edition and not the trade with Morality, in which case it will be included.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    He couldn't because there wasn't any until Bazaar

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He couldn't because there wasn't any until Bazaar
    Well yeah, that's what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'd be surprised if it's included. King has never included stories in more than one of his books.
    He's never republished stories that were already in a collection but this is the first time (or one of the first depending on what you count) an unrelated short story has been published alongside a novel so there's no precedence either way.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

That means my english is not good enough

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My Pretty Pony was a book in 1988 then collected in 1993's N&D.

The stories from Six Stories were also collected in EE.

Morality and Blockade Billy could both be collected in the new book.

Country
    Country Flag

Also don't forget there's still a whole year to go so there could be a few more new stories in the meantime.

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't consider the limited My Pretty Pony and Six Stories true King books, in the sense of Blockade Billy being a King book. Blockade Billy is more akin to Cycle of the Werewolf, a short novel published separately and never collected.

Country
    Country Flag

Frankly speaking I'm pretty sure 'Blockade Billy' will be included in 'Bazaar'.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

According to Ms. Mod, collaborations with Joe won't be in the collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Really. That's surprising and unfortunate. Doesn't seem very complete then. Likely a King/Hill collection coming soon then maybe.

Country
    Country Flag

So 'Face in the Crowd' won't be there also I think.

John F. Kennedy The Great Buchinsky will become famous soon enough

I'm assuming we will see some type of collection of collaborations between Joe/Steve in the future. Also doubt we see Face in The Crowd especially since some type of special edition is being released. Wonder if Bazaar of Bad Dreams could be a name of a new story along with the book title.

Like Pablo I'd love if Weeds and The Crate were included.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Buchinsky View Post
    Wonder if Bazaar of Bad Dreams could be a name of a new story along with the book title.
    The only time he's done that previously is with Everything's Eventual (unless you consider Hearts in Atlantis a collection).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast