Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: $4300 will buy you??????

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default $4300 will buy you??????

Ok guys....lets post a hypothetical here. Lets say you find $4300 in a residence that you just broke in to,....oh...and lets say that you have LOTS of holes to fill in your Stephen king collection...oh, and lets just say that the police are never going to find out who broke in to that house. What King books could/would you buy. List books along with expected purchase price. I'll go first. Oh....and you are not allowed to purchase any lettered editions...just regular 1sts and signed/limited.

THE LONG WALK in awesome condition $150
    Salem's Lot F/F 2nd state $600
    Signed Carrie First $1200
    NEL 1st Edition of Carrie fine/fine $1400
    New Leiutennants' Rap $1000

Lets see your lists!!!
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

assuming you do not have one, get for as many dark towers as you can get you hands on. WTTKH - DT3 , or WTTKH - DT2 should be doable if you are negotiating good.

Assuming you have them - i would always try to get the doubleday 1/1s and nightshift in absolute pristine condition.
    I would always prefer to get the 1/1 set complete before i buy any produced S/L editions that are created by any publisher.

But from my POW your prices are not doable.

You will not get a
    or a

i know what i am talking about ;D
    I chased and shot both 2014 searching for them for years to get them. (at least in my preferred condition)

If i had this cash, i would go for nothing worse then mint.
    My list would be:

S/L Gunslinger (4.3k ;D)

short list... hm... but thats why i am missing ;D

If i had one ?

1/1 Stand 400-600 depends on condition,
    1/1 Danse Macabre 200-300 depends on condition,

and a few 1/1 after 1985 but nothing special (ok the pony 100-200 and the Werewolf (400-600) ... but what ... i have 4k !)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I would not break into said residence. I would pick up money on the street if said robber dropped it

DT 2 S/L or PC
    The Stand S/L
    Christine S/L

and if I had any money left
    Regulators S/L or
    Skeleton Crew S/L
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is more of a "game" than reality.
    The thread will soon be moved.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Ok guys....lets post a hypothetical here. Lets say you find $4300 in a residence that you just broke in to,....oh...and lets say that you have LOTS of holes to fill in your Stephen king collection...oh, and lets just say that the police are never going to find out who broke in to that house. What King books could/would you buy. List books along with expected purchase price. I'll go first. Oh....and you are not allowed to purchase any lettered editions...just regular 1sts and signed/limited.

Salem's Lot F/F 2nd state $600
    NEL 1st Edition of Carrie fine/fine $1400
    New Leiutennants' Rap $1000

Lets see your lists!!!
    Can all those with a F/F 2nd State 'salem's Lot for sale at $600 please PM me? I will happily buy that from you.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Same goes for a F/F UK Carrie 1st edition at $1,400 and a NLR (assuming it's the signed version) at $1,000 - these two alone will probably set you back $4,000 if you happen to find them (I think Bob owns the only F/F UK Carrie).

Personally, I'd spend the money on a few basic S/Ls I wouldn't buy otherwise because they're not my collecting focus: Firestarter, Danse Macabre, Cujo, EOTD, Skeleton Crew and Six Stories.