Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Haven Fund GRAND PRIZE. INDECENT PROPOSAL.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think flipping counts if you're not a collector anymore. I think then you're just a reseller. Either way, I never saw anything wrong with flipping in order to further your collection.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I don't think flipping counts if you're not a collector anymore. I think then you're just a reseller. Either way, I never saw anything wrong with flipping in order to further your collection.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nor do I. I just thought it was a mildly sarcastic poke at "flipper haters".

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Nor do I. I just thought it was a mildly sarcastic poke at "flipper haters".
    Ain't as funny when you have to explain it!! LOL Keep up, Shannon. Or are you "confused"? LOL J/K

RF, who's your daddy? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been extremely busy at work and with IMC2014 so I haven't been here nearly as much as I want to be. Because of that I haven't been able to keep up with the flipping debate, so I didn't know who was on what side of this Civil War.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been extremely busy at work and with IMC2014 so I haven't been here nearly as much as I want to be. Because of that I haven't been able to keep up with the flipping debate, so I didn't know who was on what side of this Civil War.
    Just an aside, Shannon. Nothing to worry yourself over. Thanks for all you do for the HF!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Congratulations! You have just won the Haven Fund's GRAND PRIZE, which (Correct me if I am wrong) is a personalized signed copy of the gift edition of THE SHINING.

How much $$$ would it take for you to transfer ownership of the Grand Prize.

GO!
    I believe the winner will have a choice of a signed/inscribed: SP The Shining, CD Doctor Sleep, or a Scribner 1st Mr. Mercedes.

I have to say that if the winner does actually sell off their rights to the inscribed book, they are going to want to do it discretely, because in my opinion, it will not be looked upon favorably.

I don't know why I feel that way....hell, I often flip books, but somehow, this is different.....maybe because there is a charity involved, and maybe because there are a lot of members here wanting this prize.

I have no doubt the winner will receive PMs and emails immediately offering to buy the prize upon the announcement that he or she is the winner (and one of them might be from me...does that make me a hypocrite?).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to hijack this thread (it was not going to live long anyhow), and ask what inscription folks here would request were they to win.

If I am the winner, I would request.......

To Rick-

I'm instructing my attorney to file a restraining order.

Regards,

Stephen King

06/03/14
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The winner WILL be able to ask for a specific inscription??
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The winner WILL be able to ask for a specific inscription??
    Yes, but sometimes King complies and other times he writes what he wants.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All I gotta say - no one sent me any pms last year about my grand prize - unless I made it pretty obvious I wasn't going to trade it for anything. And I'm grateful for the inscription I received - it wasn't anything over the top - but was able to get both mine and my sons name (twice) in it - so I was ecstatic when it arrived. Plus a happy birthday wish to him.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I am going to hijack this thread (it was not going to live long anyhow), and ask what inscription folks here would request were they to win.

To Rick-

Regards,

Stephen King

06/03/14
    I like that inscription and could own that

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Going out on a limb here, so be kind, but I would think that given the drawing is generally comprised of HF donors who support the "cause" so to speak. It becomes a very "personal" personalized item and I, for one, would be surprised if any winner offered it for sale. However, I have been wrong before.

I know that if I win it, much as I treasure all you folks, you can SUCK IT if you think I will sell!!! LOL LOL LOL

Of course, I rarely win anything and somehow I got a "Giveaway" item so I think my chances have severely declined. Good luck, folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Since this thread was started, I always figured the original question was hypothetical as the inscription is such a unique prize these days.

Rick, that inscription idea is great.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tomorrow at Noon the winner will be announced.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Congratulations! You have just won the Haven Fund's GRAND PRIZE, which (Correct me if I am wrong) is a personalized signed copy of the gift edition of THE SHINING.

How much $$$ would it take for you to transfer ownership of the Grand Prize.

GO!
    I believe the winner will have a choice of a signed/inscribed: SP The Shining, CD Doctor Sleep, or a Scribner 1st Mr. Mercedes.

I have to say that if the winner does actually sell off their rights to the inscribed book, they are going to want to do it discretely, because in my opinion, it will not be looked upon favorably.

I don't know why I feel that way....hell, I often flip books, but somehow, this is different.....maybe because there is a charity involved, and maybe because there are a lot of members here wanting this prize.

I have no doubt the winner will receive PMs and emails immediately offering to buy the prize upon the announcement that he or she is the winner (and one of them might be from me...does that make me a hypocrite?).
    What difference does it make to the charity? Does it mean they get less money? Massive numbers of charity raffle prizes are flipped all the time. People either never really wanted, or want something more, or can't afford the taxes, etc, etc, etc.

A lot of members want it? A lot of members want lots of things. I think every member wants a Lettered Carrie. Not every member can afford a Lettered Carrie, however. But I guess I don't see a real obvious moral distinction between "everyone wants it and only one person can have it" vs. "everyone wants it, only 26 can have it, and only 200 (or whatever) are willing/able to afford it".

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I was merely expressing a feeling....I could easily be wrong.

Like I said, I don't know why I feel that way (possibly due to some of the recent discussion on flipping), but I do.

And to expand on that, I would never criticize any member here if they chose to sell the Grand Prize....I feel it is their's do do with as they please.

I could however see some folks rubbed the wrong way by that.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

To Rick-

Regards,

Stephen King

06/03/14
    Mine would be:

I, Stephen King, upon my death, leave all my earthly possessions to Frankie, of TDT "Buying things to specifically flip for a profit" thread fame, and my longtime friend.
    No, I'm not kidding, totally serious. Give it all to Frankie.
    Sincerely,
    Stephen King
    06/13/14

But to be honest, I wouldn't request anything specific. I wouldn't want to tell King what to write even if it were something as simple as a grocery list. I'd much rather have him write whatever he wants to, though I'd humbly request that he include my name Nick (not Frankie), and the date.

And I'd like it if he wrote something more than just my name, his signature, and the date, but I wouldn't cry about it if that's what I got, either.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'd ask for the first few sentences of the book he is signing and then........enjoy Dave, Stephen King

I'd like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2