Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Godzilla & King Kong

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the prevailing theory, yes^

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well that could cool as well. So if the Godzilla we see in the trailer is Meca-Godzilla, what are the chances that we will see the real
    Godzilla in this film.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Well that could cool as well. So if the Godzilla we see in the trailer is Meca-Godzilla, what are the chances that we will see the real
    Godzilla in this film.
    He shows up in the end and helps King Kong defeat the imposter.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Godzilla in this film.
    OK. I can deal with that. There obviously other monsters in the trailer. And does anybody think they are leaving the Meca part out on purpose? Because in the trailer
    they just reference him as Godzilla and that maybe he is under the influence of something else. And wasn't Meca made of metal? Is it just another trick to through us off?
    I do find it interesting though that the Godzilla they show seems bent on total destruction, which is sort of not what I thought of him in the first movie. Anyway, I am
    excited to see what happens and if they will try to continue the Monsterverse.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Godzilla in this film.
    OK. I can deal with that. There obviously other monsters in the trailer. And does anybody think they are leaving the Meca part out on purpose? Because in the trailer
    they just reference him as Godzilla and that maybe he is under the influence of something else. And wasn't Meca made of metal? Is it just another trick to through us off?
    I do find it interesting though that the Godzilla they show seems bent on total destruction, which is sort of not what I thought of him in the first movie. Anyway, I am
    excited to see what happens and if they will try to continue the Monsterverse.

Yeah, looked like the real deal in the trailer, but maybe that was a clip from when they team up?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was kind of underwhelmed by the trailer. Could be the editing, but it just felt tonally off to me in comparison to the preceding films in the franchise.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this. I don't know much about the lore of either creature - Godzilla, particularly - but I enjoyed the previous installments in this latest series incarnation, and expect to enjoy this.

And who doesn't love a monster vs. monster schlockfest?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I don't know much about the lore of either creature - Godzilla, particularly
    This helpful (but not short) video should help!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is King Kong really that big in this movie? He appears to be over 100 stories tall. In the original movies he was probably only 5 stories tall.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even though I have HBO Max, I think I'm gonna go to the theater for this one. It will be my first time at the movies in over a year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Soooooooooooooooo

are y'all Team Kong or Team Zilla?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

KongZilla

Country
    Country Flag

Godzilla is cooler, but Kong has a higher emotional IQ...so I'm clearly thinking about this too much.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's okay Rick, this is a safe space to geek out lmao.

I've been a Godzilla fan for a long time but I just rewatched Kong Skull Island recently and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Need to rewatch King of Monsters to compare back to back.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This is one of my most anticipated movies in a long time. I've been making my way through most of the Godzilla series, and its been such a blast. Even if Godzilla vs Kong somehow ends up being god awful, I'm still thankful it gave me the incentive to rewatch some of these movies I used to love.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Is King Kong really that big in this movie? He appears to be over 100 stories tall. In the original movies he was probably only 5 stories tall.
    It's strange, in some trailer shots he seems significantly smaller than Godzilla, while in others he seems like about the same size. Maybe something causes him to increase in size mid-film?

(Based on previous movies, he should be much smaller)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    It's strange, in some trailer shots he seems significantly smaller than Godzilla, while in others he seems like about the same size. Maybe something causes him to increase in size mid-film?

(Based on previous movies, he should be much smaller)

HBJ
    I guess this article answers my question. I guess they took liberties for the poster, as he looks clearly well over 1000 feet tall.

https://www.cbr.com/king-kong-height-every-movie/
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The relevant snippet:

Set in 1973, Kong: Skull Island follows a team of scientists and Vietnam War soldiers' encounter with the gigantic ape and the last of his kind. Kong is sized at 104 feet, which is a considerable increase from Jackson's film. Despite his massive size, Kong is classified as an adolescent and, therefore, not fully grown. This explains his enormous jump in size to just under 400 feet in the 2021 sequel, Godzilla vs. Kong.

Country
    Country Flag

A new animated series is also dropping on Netflix on April 1, the day after Godzilla vs. Kong drops on HBO Max.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The relevant snippet:

Set in 1973, Kong: Skull Island follows a team of scientists and Vietnam War soldiers' encounter with the gigantic ape and the last of his kind. Kong is sized at 104 feet, which is a considerable increase from Jackson's film. Despite his massive size, Kong is classified as an adolescent and, therefore, not fully grown. This explains his enormous jump in size to just under 400 feet in the 2021 sequel, Godzilla vs. Kong.
    He's baby.

My Mood
    Cool

Right. If you remember the movie Kong:Skull Island there is a part where they say that (he is just an adolescent) and not fully grown yet. Also, there is the part where they show the bones of adult versions of Kong. You can see there that they are much bigger than the Kong we see in the movie. So he had all that time to grow into the adult Kong we see in Kong vs Godzilla trailer.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This film sounds like it will be AWESOME!!! Looking forward to it!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I don't know much about the lore of either creature - Godzilla, particularly
    This helpful (but not short) video should help!

And the companion piece (much shorter):

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast