Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Godzilla & King Kong

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I don't know much about the lore of either creature - Godzilla, particularly
    This helpful (but not short) video should help!

And the companion piece (much shorter):

D'oh, when I saw this was 44 mins, thought you got the video's confused then saw the other is over 3 hours long. If there's an 8min or less version let me know. LOL
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there should be a rule.
    No video links that are over 8 minutes, without mentioning the running time before the video link.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Right. If you remember the movie Kong:Skull Island there is a part where they say that (he is just an adolescent) and not fully grown yet. Also, there is the part where they show the bones of adult versions of Kong. You can see there that they are much bigger than the Kong we see in the movie. So he had all that time to grow into the adult Kong we see in Kong vs Godzilla trailer.
    I agree - I have a feeling that eventually we will get a "gap" film that is set somewhere between the two films, a sequel/prequel, that will address some of this.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

A gap film sounds fine to me. I really hope the "monster verse" goes beyond 4 movies (in order of when they are played by year of the movie is set in (Kong Skull Island, Godzilla. Godzilla King of the Monsters, King Kong vs Godzilla...). I am wishing they can get just a few more stories out of the moister verse.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want a Mothra movie!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, that's a shame. I was kinda looking forward to this film. Guess i'll just have to lay in lots of wings and sauce!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What are everyone's plans for the movie? Braving the outside world and going to the theater, or staying home and using HBO Max? Realistically I'll probably end up doing both.

I've gone through most of the Godzilla series at this point (along with all the Kong movies of course), so I'm at max hype. Especially since I keep hearing from those who have seen it how much this movie delivers

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see it first in the theater then watch it at home.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have a theater showing next week. Want to experience on the big screen, then catch it again on HBO Max

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I will wait until more people give feedback before I totally give up on the movie based on that spoiler free review. I really want this to be great.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Give up? It's currently sitting at %79 on RT, 7.5/10 on IMDB. That's pretty good for what I'm expecting the film to be; cookie cutter human characters, with loads of behemoth action.

That's all I need from my first theater film since last year lol. Don't need engaging human drama or Oscar worthy performances. Just want Kong and Zilla to beat the shit out of each other in entertaining fashion for 2 hours and I'll be Gucci.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Give up? It's currently sitting at %79 on RT, 7.5/10 on IMDB. That's pretty good for what I'm expecting the film to be; cookie cutter human characters, with loads of behemoth action.

That's all I need from my first theater film since last year lol. Don't need engaging human drama or Oscar worthy performances. Just want Kong and Zilla to beat the shit out of each other in entertaining fashion for 2 hours and I'll be Gucci.
    Yeah the LAST person I would listen to about a movie is that ding dong Grace. LOL She is the WORST... everything about her I cannot stand. Seeing this in DBOX thursday and cannot wait!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks for cheering me up. I do want to see it very much. I did not realize they were at that rating. Sounds pretty good for a monster movie. It's not like I was not going to see it. Just that review was not I was hoping for. But your right.
    I am looking forward to it. And I still want more than 4 movies.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Yeah the LAST person I would listen to about a movie is that ding dong Grace. LOL She is the WORST... everything about her I cannot stand. Seeing this in DBOX thursday and cannot wait!
    Holy crap, a D-Box theater? That will be awesome. The Dolby theater I have near me has shakers in the seat and they are quite good and I have a Crowson on one of theater chairs but D-Box is a whole
    other level. Have fun.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing this in DBOX thursday and cannot wait!
    Niceeee. I'm catching it next Tuesday, and I'm pre gaming at a bar right next to the theater before showtime

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You make a compelling argument, Ferny. Can't wait until tomorrow!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely seeing it in the theater. No one's ever in the theater when I go now. It's a shame for the theater, but for me it's great!

It'll be after this weekend though. I've got my 3 easter movies that I watch every year, The Passion of the Christ, Night of the Living Dead 1990, and Child's Play.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa, whoa, whoa. This is all based on Grace's review!? I never bother to click on her stuff. Kris said everything I think about Grace perfectly. You've got nothing to worry about my man! I'm assured from some lucky friends who have already seen it that this is one of the funnest movies they've seen in a long time. We're in for a fucking treat

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post

Whoa, whoa, whoa. This is all based on Grace's review!? I never bother to click on her stuff. Kris said everything I think about Grace perfectly. You've got nothing to worry about my man! I'm assured from some lucky friends who have already seen it that this is one of the funnest movies they've seen in a long time. We're in for a fucking treat
    I. Can’t. Wait.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post

Well, I am seeing it regardless because of it's in the moxterverse and I like the films so far. I usually don't don't watch her reviews anyway. I still think it's going to be really good and it might have a surprise or two.
    Let us know what you think Kris.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it today with DBOX technology and I was glad I went to see it on the big screen first. It would have lost a lot of impact for me if I would have watched it this morning on HBO Max. I thought it was great and fits in well with the other movies. I've been a Godzilla fan since I was a wee lad in the early '70s so I might be a tad biased. First time with DBOX and while it enhanced the viewing experience a tad, I don't know if I want to see many more movies this way.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it immensely. Stupid plot, but the battles ruled!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a blast with this movie. Kong had a ton of heart, and they gave Godzilla a "bad ass mother fucker" edge. Some of his facial expressions had me dying.

While it's super easy to disregard the human plot and proclaim it as the worst part of any Monsterverse movie....I didn't mind them here? They served their roles, none of them were obnoxious, and kept the story pushing forward. Either way, what a fun movie. I am so damn thankful they didn't fuck this up. With this momentum, I can't wait to see what they cook up for us in the future

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I enjoyed it immensely. Stupid plot, but the battles ruled!!!!
    Nice! This is what I want and expect from this kind of movie. Big dumb action with lots of scenes of impossibly sized monsters body-slamming each other in some poor defenseless city. With irrelevant human characters.

Looking forward to it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast