Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Three Kings

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Three Kings

Just read about this event on Bev Vincent's message board - totally awesome and I have already purchased my tickets. Mark your calendars for April 4th for a reading by Stephen, Tabatha and Owen King - one book per audience memeber can be signed!

The Three Kings @ the Folger Theatre in Washington, DC
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice Jonn Wolfe is on a distinguished road Jonn Wolfe's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That man needs to come to Dallas.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Just read about this event on Bev Vincent's message board - totally awesome and I have already purchased my tickets. Mark your calendars for April 4th for a reading by Stephen, Tabatha and Owen King - one book per audience memeber can be signed!

The Three Kings @ the Folger Theatre in Washington, DC
    Tickets are only $30? Did I read that right?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but the flight is $800 (From SFO).

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yes, but the flight is $800 (From SFO).
    Ok, I'll buy your event ticket if you pick me up on the way.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well actually $34 with the service charge! :-) I have two tickets for me and my wife. My 18 yr old son might come in her place though. That way I can get two signed books! I wonder if it's one book per author or one period. One per author (Stephen, Tabatha, Owen) would be cool! Too Bad Joe is not attending - then they could change the event name to The Four Kings! :-)

The Folger Theatre is not very large! Its an exact replica of a Shakespearian Theatre! My boys performed Macbeth there when they were in 5th grade (7 yrs ago as they are Srs now) - it was pretty cool! Its about a block or two off the National Mall!

Direct from the Folger Web Page
    About the Elizabethan Theatre

An ideal setting for lectures, musical recitals, and theatrical productions, the Elizabethan Theatre seats 200 people in the orchestra level (the “pit” in Shakespeare’s day) and an additional 50 in the upper galleries.

The intimate Elizabethan Theatre is the setting for Folger Theatre productions. With its three-tiered wooden balconies, carved oak columns, and half-timbered facade, the theater evokes the courtyard of an English Renaissance inn. Overhead, a canopy represents the sky. In Shakespeare’s day, such inns often served as playhouses for traveling groups of players, who performed on a raised platform at one end while spectators gathered in the yard and on the balconies above.

Spoiler:

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish we were in a position to do this. I have always wanted to visit DC and this would be like the cherry on the cake.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have lived in the DC Metro area since 1984 - about 30 -35 miles south actually. I have done all the touristy stuff over and over. Only thing left for me is to visit the Spy Museum and take a White House Tour! Then it's all repeated stuff which sometimes is not so bad! If you ever come I might be able to act as personal tour guide! There is so much to do to include:
    • The Smithsonian - Natural Hystory Museum
    • The Smithsonian - Air & Space Museum
    • The Holocaust Museum
    • FBI Tour
    • Capital Building Tour
    • The National Archives
    • The monuments/memorials (Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Korean, Viet Nam (the Wall), ......
    • The Treasury - see the money being made!
    • The Pentagon
    • Arlington National Cemetery
    • Dont' forget the sports teams!
    • The Cherry Blossoms - they will be peaking around the time of The Three Kings too!
    • The National Zoo
    • Georgetown!!

And if you ever come save some time for the Marine Corps Museum at Quantico - 45 minutes south of DC and near my home - it is simply the most awesome museum I have ever been to!!!!!

Spoiler:

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to do everyone of those things. I've been one time before but it was when Clinton shut down the government for those few days in the 90's

We could not do a thing or get in anywhere, all of DC was closed down.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob-

I just bought 2 tickets myself. I do not know HOW I will get there yet (by train from NYC most likely) but that would mean I have to stay the night. Hmmm. Driving would mean nasty traffic. I will figure it out. I may bring my 15 year old or a mystery date. At any rate, I wanted to lock in the OPPORTUNITY to come to this before it sold out, even if it turns out I cannot come. A $68 option was worth it to me. Maybe we could meet up Bob. Would love to meet you.

Wizard

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's unlikely with them only allowing one book per person, but if anyone can/wouldn't mind getting an extra book signed please let me know.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay you guys, this may seem weird but I was chatting with Dora (over our work thing) and said...

"how would you like to see SK in DC in April?"

she said sure...we scheduled vacation and I already bought my tickets!!

I can't believe we are doing this.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You lucky...lucky things!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Bob-

I just bought 2 tickets myself. I do not know HOW I will get there yet (by train from NYC most likely) but that would mean I have to stay the night. Hmmm. Driving would mean nasty traffic. I will figure it out. I may bring my 15 year old or a mystery date. At any rate, I wanted to lock in the OPPORTUNITY to come to this before it sold out, even if it turns out I cannot come. A $68 option was worth it to me. Maybe we could meet up Bob. Would love to meet you.
    Wizard
    That'd be great!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Okay you guys, this may seem weird but I was chatting with Dora (over our work thing) and said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks you guys, I would love to meet up with anyone from the site while we are there.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!!
    For just some seconds I considered to change my US holidays from July to April (I'll be visiting DC, so it was on my schedule), but I don't know yet. I'll think about that for the next two hours.
    Bob, all the info you put it's really IMPORTANT for me!! THANKS!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to have the chance to meet you Ari, and dt.com can have a total presence there. Pretty impressive.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Congratulations!!!
    For just some seconds I considered to change my US holidays from July to April (I'll be visiting DC, so it was on my schedule), but I don't know yet. I'll think about that for the next two hours.
    Bob, all the info you put it's really IMPORTANT for me!! THANKS!!
    You're Welcome Ari!

I just went though this with Rocky Wood who is visiting DC (from Australia) in March! If nothing else I really know how to get around with the Metro system! :-)

Spring in DC - Cherry Blossoms and The Three Kings
    Summer in DC - Warm weather!!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Mmmmm...cherry blossoms. I can't wait.

The wife said I'll have to be her sex slave for the next few months in payments but I think I can handle that.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mmmmm...cherry blossoms. I can't wait.

The wife said I'll have to be her sex slave for the next few months in payments but I think I can handle that.
    Sounds like a tough life you lead Matt!

You know I travelled (flew to Boston, picked up SKEMER friend, rented car, drove to Bangor)to my first King signing - about 650 miles - a hop and a skip compared to what you are undertaking! But what the heck, you only go round once in life!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, its rough being me.

I figure I'm almost 40 and its time to strike out a bit. The trip is going to be an amazing adventure.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Came close to buying a ticket on spec...but it is will-call only, and it seems silly to buy a ticket I might not even be able to sell/give away if I didn't end up going, which is very likely...

Still, very jealous...at least I went to the Harvard event recently, but of course I'd much rather have been like all of you trying to decide which book to bring to get signed (and probably personalized)! I think I would have gone with my Night Shift 1st..

It's a cool idea, what with the three of them signing...we can always hope they add a few cities...Owen and Tabitha could use some publicity, right?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell yeah they could. I told my wife that if we were buying the tickets, we HAD to go.

She agreed so hopefully something doesn't explode between now and then. Like the water heater.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast