Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 165 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thanks Bill.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Once you step off the cliff of collecting "books about King," it is a long fall.
    .. tell me about it... Picked up some lettereds at great prices, the ones left I need? Not so cheap it seems.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I once put together this list of all the books about King I could find, along with pictures of the covers. There's 120 titles on the list. It's nice to look at because you get to see all the books in one long list. I need to see if I can load it to Google docs or something so I can share it and you can take a look if you're interested. Although I know there's also a list on the forum.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I once put together this list of all the books about King I could find, along with pictures of the covers. There's 120 titles on the list. It's nice to look at because you get to see all the books in one long list. I need to see if I can load it to Google docs or something so I can share it and you can take a look if you're interested. Although I know there's also a list on the forum.
    That would be great, Paul. I know that there are at least 119 I don't have!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont collect those... love to read them though. I just need more space! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I probably wouldn't collect them either, just some of the trade editions for reference and reading. I'm seriously running out of space.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I probably wouldn't collect them either, just some of the trade editions for reference and reading. I'm seriously running out of space.
    Yeah.. MEE TOOOOOO. I am selling off Gift editions... gone.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Are there books on your list that are not on the Catalog? I'd be happy to update it with any missing ones.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Are there books on your list that are not on the Catalog? I'd be happy to update it with any missing ones.
    I haven't compared the two, so not sure. I tried uploading to Google Docs, and no-go. I think the file is too big with all those images. I converted it to a PDF and you can download it here. Hopefully that works for you.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection Jon, really like the proof #79.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't compared the two, so not sure. I tried uploading to Google Docs, and no-go. I think the file is too big with all those images. I converted it to a PDF and you can download it here. Hopefully that works for you.
    This is great Paul! - I'll make good use of this to update the catalog over the next few days.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome! I'm pleased that my mad obsessions can help out in some way.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the list, Paul. Great list! I've got more of those than I originally thought. 7 in total. Still a pathetic amount compared to most.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to keep hijacking your thread on this Jon...
    Paul, I've merged your list with the one on the site, most differences were the more recent ones that I didn't have in my own source list. Lets continue this on the relevant thread

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to keep hijacking your thread on this Jon...
    Paul, I've merged your list with the one on the site, most differences were the more recent ones that I didn't have in my own source list. Lets continue this on the relevant thread
    No problem, Simon. All very interesting information.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great that you merged the list Simon. I will go check it out. And Jon I'm pleased to hear that it's helpful. I have about 50 on the list but I stopped collecting them because there are just so many and I don't have the space. Very few are the limited editions though.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool my friend !

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Very nice collection Jon, really like the proof #79.
    Thanks Kevin. I appreciate your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Cool my friend !
    Thanks Shac.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very small addition today that I did not know existed. I thought WHSmith exclusive editions started with The Wind Through The Keyhole Collector's edition with the variant dust jacket. I came across this 1st edition paperback of Bag of Bones that has a sticker on the front cover stating it has an unpublished story (at the time) exclusive to this WHSmith edition. At the rear of the book after the Bag of Bones novel it has a 60 page excerpt of Blind Willie from Hearts In Atlantis and also a cut-out £1 off voucher for the forthcoming release of the hardback of Hearts In Atlantis from WHSmith.

Stephen King - Bag Of Bones - UK 1st/1st PB WHSmith Exclusive Edition

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow Jon. Love it. Who knew! Now find one for me! congratulations!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like one too. I've never seen that one before. I think it's amazing how these things just appear!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Sure enough. It is listed in Brooks' bibliography as Item B132, No. 4. However, since it was published in 1999, their claim that "Blind Willie" is unpublished cannot be true. "Blind Willie" was first published in Antaeus in 1994 and a couple of more times before this WH Smith edition of Bag of Bones.

Jon, does yours still have the one pound off coupon at the end of "Blind Willie" to be used in purchasing Hearts In Atlantis?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe WHSmith had exclusive rights to not publish the story in the UK dating back to the early 1990's.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow Jon. Love it. Who knew! Now find one for me! congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I'd like one too. I've never seen that one before. I think it's amazing how these things just appear!

John
    Thanks Paul and John. I will look out for copies but I can't find any on the internet at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Sure enough. It is listed in Brooks' bibliography as Item B132, No. 4. However, since it was published in 1999, their claim that "Blind Willie" is unpublished cannot be true. "Blind Willie" was first published in Antaeus in 1994 and a couple of more times before this WH Smith edition of Bag of Bones.

Jon, does yours still have the one pound off coupon at the end of "Blind Willie" to be used in purchasing Hearts In Atlantis?
    Very interesting, Bob. They probably meant unpublished in the UK but nowhere in the book does it clarify that, so as you say that statement is erroneous.
    Yes, the voucher is still present at the back of the book. Below I have taken two photos of the voucher and the introduction page for Blind Willie.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 165 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast