Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

For whatever reason, for me anyway, finding a F/F, non-export, not price-clipped copy of the UK Cujo is pretty hard. It doesn't hold up well to reading and the spine tends to be cocked. I've been through so many copies of that book in my collection and am still not completely happy.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    For whatever reason, for me anyway, finding a F/F, non-export, not price-clipped copy of the UK Cujo is pretty hard. It doesn't hold up well to reading and the spine tends to be cocked. I've been through so many copies of that book in my collection and am still not completely happy.
    No, it's not just you Bob, I'm finding it difficult to find a fine/near fine copy. I'm also having difficulty with the UK Firestarter.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    No, it's not just you Bob, I'm finding it difficult to find a fine/near fine copy. I'm also having difficulty with the UK Firestarter.
    Let's see what shape the one I just bought is in when it arrives. Supposed to be "fine".

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a lovely spare UK Firestarter, Unfortunately it's price clipped
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That CUJO problem really bites.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I have a lovely spare UK Firestarter, Unfortunately it's price clipped
    Thanks Simon. Unfortunately, that's the problem with my copy. The publisher price-clipped some copies and put a price sticker on with a 5p increase I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    That CUJO problem really bites.
    Good one Steve. Upgrading my Firestarter is a burning issue at the moment.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks a really nice copy of Cujo, Jon. Love the portfolio too. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Looks a really nice copy of Cujo, Jon. Love the portfolio too. Congratulations!
    Thanks Alan.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - Under The Dome - UK Slipcased Limited Edition Uncorrected Proof with Publisher's Letter - 137/200

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. I find it odd that a proof would come with a slipcase. Considering they are intended to be read and reviewed, not collected...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Jon! Congratulations. I've never seen that letter before. There's a different one shown in the Proofs catalog. Can you scan it for me?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Nice Jon! Congratulations. I've never seen that letter before. There's a different one shown in the Proofs catalog. Can you scan it for me?
    Thanks Paul. The zip file is on its way! Hopefully.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very cool. I find it odd that a proof would come with a slipcase. Considering they are intended to be read and reviewed, not collected...
    Thanks Dan. There's a couple of other UK proofs with slipcases, like the rarer Lisey's Story and Bag of Bones. This one is a clear plastic slipcase that just clips together. Why they bother to make these - yes, it seems odd.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Paul. The zip file is on its way! Hopefully.
    Got it, thanks.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

See post #104 in my collections thread. I have another version of the publisher's letter (I call the one Jon posted an ad--I easily could be wrong on that). That proof is really hard to find with the slipcase--it's fairly fragile and breaks easily. As others have stated, I have absolutely no idea why H&S would put some of their proofs in slipcases.

Congratulations, Jon. A very worthy acquisition!

John

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    See post #104 in my collections thread. I have another version of the publisher's letter (I call the one Jon posted an ad--I easily could be wrong on that).

John
    Thanks for that reference John. Must have seen it in your thread and forgot. I'd also agree that it's more of an ad than a letter.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My UTD (#104), does NOT have that letter, darn it. It does have a letter asking for a 600 word review from the person it was sent to.

So how many of those letters do you think were made?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My UTD (#104), does NOT have that letter, darn it. It does have a letter asking for a 600 word review from the person it was sent to.

My guess is that every proof sent out had the letters. But by the time proofs hit the secondary market, most copies have been separated from the letters. Many of the proofs I pick up have no letters. There have been a few occasions where I've found a proof that I already have but it has the letter which I'm missing so I will buy the proof just for the letter.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My guess is that every proof sent out had the letters. But by the time proofs hit the secondary market, most copies have been separated from the letters. Many of the proofs I pick up have no letters. There have been a few occasions where I've found a proof that I already have but it has the letter which I'm missing so I will buy the proof just for the letter.
    I don't go quite that far. If a proof I already own is offered with a letter, I'll probably skip it.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - Nightmares And Dreamscapes - US Uncorrected Advance Proof

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Jon. Your proof collection is growing by the week!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Another one down. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Nice, Jon. Your proof collection is growing by the week!
    Thanks Alan. I'm slowly getting there. I missed out on a few on auctions notably a signed UK Lisey's Story slipcased numbered one of 100. I have now 31 proofs (12 UK 19 US and 3 US proofs pending) so quite a way to go. They have now spread onto a second shelf with the oversized proofs on the top shelf on their sides.

Another one down. Congratulations!
    Thanks Paul. Slowly chipping away at them!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good. Sorry Jon I got that Lisey's Story 1/100 proof. Haven't got around to posting it yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast