Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Great new addition Jon!
    Congrats!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    [/URL]
    So is the one you are lifting up with your hand an original art insert piece or a print?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's sad if the art was glued in like that.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's sad if the art was glued in like that.
    I would not be happy about that. But I would have to have it in my hands to say 100%. Looks shifty though... Any more thoughts Jonp on this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

He says earlier that "I am a bit concerned the interior artwork may fall out of the book over time, as it is only very lightly glued at the top edge" -- so I take that to mean that all interior art is glued in in the same way. I'm not clear why the interior art wasn't bound in in such an expensive production as it diminishes to some degree the professional quality of the overall package, but I do recall Pete mentioning that that was going to be the method, so it didn't surprise me when I saw it.

Otherwise, a beautiful book, jonp -- congratulations.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    He says earlier that "I am a bit concerned the interior artwork may fall out of the book over time, as it is only very lightly glued at the top edge" -- so I take that to mean that all interior art is glued in in the same way. I'm not clear why the interior art wasn't bound in in such an expensive production as it diminishes to some degree the professional quality of the overall package, but I do recall Pete mentioning that that was going to be the method, so it didn't surprise me when I saw it.

Otherwise, a beautiful book, jonp -- congratulations.
    I agree. Different but I'm sure they knew what they were doing. Beautiful book either way.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful collection! I've enjoyed looking though it and I can't wait to see what you get next!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    [/URL]
    So is the one you are lifting up with your hand an original art insert piece or a print?
    The inserts are prints and they are all glued in the same. They are very carefully inserted, central in the page and NOT cocked to one side. I presume they were glued in this way as they guarantee that they will lay flat and ease the process of insertion with less likelihood of messing up.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The lettered Carrie is a nice looking book. Congratulations!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Very cool Jon! Congrats!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Everyone!

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

[/URL]
    It's called having the artwork 'tipped in'; it's a more sophisticated treatment which also allows for better reproduction of the artwork as it's usually printed on a higher quality paper that displays the artwork better.

Consider also that they could have easily just had the artwork printed on the same paper as the text blocks (at a lower quality reproduction) which would have been way less work, but someone's had to manually go through each of these books and paste them in.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    [/URL]
    It's called having the artwork 'tipped in'; it's a more sophisticated treatment which also allows for better reproduction of the artwork as it's usually printed on a higher quality paper that displays the artwork better.

Consider also that they could have easily just had the artwork printed on the same paper as the text blocks (at a lower quality reproduction) which would have been way less work, but someone's had to manually go through each of these books and paste them in.
    Thanks for the info Tony. Very interesting. This is the first book I've owned that has the artwork inserted this way.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

[/URL]

For 26 copies, you have the art sewn in.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yup. On higher quality paper too. If smaller publishers operating on significantly less $$$ can do it, this should've been a no-brainer for a $4000 book.

Still, that's a nice looking book.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

[/URL]

Have to agree with you on that one

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A bit of an anti-climax after Carrie but just a little addition today. A new US 1st in amazing Fine unread condition with bright white pages.

Stephen King - The Eyes Of The Dragon - US 1st/1st (Arcata Graphics Hawkins County Tennessee Variant)

Country
    Country Flag

[/URL]

Yeah you don't glue it. I would be a little ruffled about that one.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the EOTD. It looks very sharp.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That looks great! Is the lettering on the spine as red as it is on the front cover? On my otherwise nice copy the lettering is more pink (sun fading, I assume) and it drives me crazy (but not yet crazy enough to really start looking for a better one)!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    That looks great! Is the lettering on the spine as red as it is on the front cover? On my otherwise nice copy the lettering is more pink (sun fading, I assume) and it drives me crazy (but not yet crazy enough to really start looking for a better one)!
    Thanks, The red is as bright on the spine as the front.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I need one.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Wow. I need one.
    The seller did have another two, his own copy and another one in similar condition for sale. I said I would have it if it was a different printing variant. At the moment he is trying to find it and check.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice EOTD. I still need one of the printer variants. Congratulations!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice EOTD Jon! This one is hard to find with a good DJ - not just the fading but its very susceptible to chipping and creasing as well. Took me a while to find one that was as bright as yours.

EDIT: Maybe it's the photo, but I don't see the 'scales' on this cover?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast