Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jon! Agree. Great read.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It's different, and it needs seasoning, but I like it!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Apologies in advance if this is an inappropriate question, please just ignore it if that’s the case. I’ve always wondered what these rare proofs are valued at. What’s the average amount proof collectors would be willing to pay for this one?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BIG ONE!!

Congrats buddy.
    Keep shining my Wednesday mornings

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

First time i see this, BIG BIG CONGRATS Jon !!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Wow, Jon!! That's a proof I always wanted when I was still collecting. I know of only two copies of this one... very scarce and a major addition to your collection.

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Thanks Michaël. I think Bob has one but I haven't any others. Maybe hutch?

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Nice. Jon! That's one I always wanted!

John
    Thanks Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Jon! Agree. Great read.
    Thanks Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It's different, and it needs seasoning, but I like it!
    Thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Apologies in advance if this is an inappropriate question, please just ignore it if that’s the case. I’ve always wondered what these rare proofs are valued at. What’s the average amount proof collectors would be willing to pay for this one?
    No problem. I think it's very difficult to price up these rare proofs. I paid $800 for this proof, which due to it's scarcity, I thought was not to bad a price. Why is this one is $800 but a similar scarcity Gunslinger US proof went for $15K, I have no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    BIG ONE!!

Congrats buddy.
    Keep shining my Wednesday mornings
    Thanks Shac, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    First time i see this, BIG BIG CONGRATS Jon !!!
    Thanks Frank. This is only the second I've seen.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive Jon. That’s very scarce.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

No problem. I think it's very difficult to price up these rare proofs. I paid $800 for this proof, which due to it's scarcity, I thought was not to bad a price. Why is this one is $800 but a similar scarcity Gunslinger US proof went for $15K, I have no idea?
    $15K for that Gunslinger?!? I learn something new every day here. Sounds like $800 was a good purchase based on the feedback you're getting about this proof. Congrats btw!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Impressive Jon. That’s very scarce.
    Thank you, Paul.

$15K for that Gunslinger?!? I learn something new every day here. Sounds like $800 was a good purchase based on the feedback you're getting about this proof. Congrats btw!!
    Thanks Adam. The Gunslinger was a silent auction with Betts. It was a beautiful looking proof in fine condition. Unfortunately, I've yet to find any of the Gunslinger proofs.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff, one of my favorites too The UK and US covers only differ in the publisher name at the bottom, right? Or am I missing it?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Nice stuff, one of my favorites too The UK and US covers only differ in the publisher name at the bottom, right? Or am I missing it?
    Yes, externally the only difference is the publishers name. Internally, there is an extra page in the US proof with the Viking logo and the changes of publisher details on the forepages. Otherwise, the story text is identical.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Another great and seemly rare proof. Congrats.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Another great and seemly rare proof. Congrats.
    Thanks Mike.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Jon!! That's a proof I always wanted when I was still collecting. I know of only two copies of this one... very scarce and a major addition to your collection.

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Thanks Michaël. I think Bob has one but I haven't any others. Maybe hutch?
    Bob has one, and Betts sold one a couple of years ago that I just missed out on. I believe it was signed by King but I might be wrong... either way, it was only $450 I think! I was really sad that I didn't get it...

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bringing out the big boys! I love this one and am appropriately envious. Congratulations on another super, rare pick up!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Bringing out the big boys! I love this one and am appropriately envious. Congratulations on another super, rare pick up!
    Thanks Jeff.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Proof #165 - Stephen King - Bag of Bones - US Uncorrected Advance Proof - 3rd state signed and inscribed with personalised publishers letter and promotional items.

All three US states

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Proof #165 - Stephen King - Bag of Bones - US Uncorrected Advance Proof - 3rd state signed and inscribed with personalised publishers letter and promotional items.

All three US states

forgive me if this is obvious, but i do not know the difference between the first two, is one signed and the other not? and that black spine proof! fantastic! i always wanted to get the whole promo package, a sheet of magnets just sold on eBay for over 50.00 on its own!
    i read somewhere there was a small bag of plastic bones also included in this promo package, do you know if there is any truth to that?
    i love Wednesday proof day!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    forgive me if this is obvious, but i do not know the difference between the first two, is one signed and the other not? and that black spine proof! fantastic! i always wanted to get the whole promo package, a sheet of magnets just sold on eBay for over 50.00 on its own!
    i read somewhere there was a small bag of plastic bones also included in this promo package, do you know if there is any truth to that?
    i love Wednesday proof day!
    Thanks. Yes, essentially the 2nd and 3rd states are identical except one is signed (100 copies) and the other is not, plus they have different publishers letters. The magnet sheets are expensive, this one came with the proof. I haven't seen the bag of plastic bones, so I'm not sure if they were included in the promo package or not.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool to see all the states together, along with the promo items. Congratulations, Jon. Keep up the good work!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm missing the three UK states, Jon...

(just kidding - another very nice addition! And cool to see all the promo items.)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very nice BAG OF BONES stuff!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Cool to see all the states together, along with the promo items. Congratulations, Jon. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Jeff.

I'm missing the three UK states, Jon...

(just kidding - another very nice addition! And cool to see all the promo items.)
    Thanks Michaël. Maybe one day with the three UK states....

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Very nice BAG OF BONES stuff!
    Thanks Steve.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love that inscription! Great stuff, Jon...

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Very nice Jon!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast