+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

  1. #3851
    Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    9,273
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Congrats, Jon! Agree. Great read.
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  2. #3852
    Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,719
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    It's different, and it needs seasoning, but I like it!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  3. #3853
    Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,833
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Apologies in advance if this is an inappropriate question, please just ignore it if thatís the case. Iíve always wondered what these rare proofs are valued at. Whatís the average amount proof collectors would be willing to pay for this one?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

  4. #3854
    Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,775
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    BIG ONE!!

    Congrats buddy.
    Keep shining my Wednesday mornings

  5. #3855
    Manni Folken Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hamburg - Germany
    Posts
    6,410
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    First time i see this, BIG BIG CONGRATS Jon !!!

  6. #3856
    Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,501
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Wow, Jon!! That's a proof I always wanted when I was still collecting. I know of only two copies of this one... very scarce and a major addition to your collection.

    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Thanks MichaŽl. I think Bob has one but I haven't any others. Maybe hutch?

    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Nice. Jon! That's one I always wanted!

    John
    Thanks Jon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Jon! Agree. Great read.
    Thanks Brian.

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It's different, and it needs seasoning, but I like it!
    Thanks Steve.

    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Apologies in advance if this is an inappropriate question, please just ignore it if thatís the case. Iíve always wondered what these rare proofs are valued at. Whatís the average amount proof collectors would be willing to pay for this one?
    No problem. I think it's very difficult to price up these rare proofs. I paid $800 for this proof, which due to it's scarcity, I thought was not to bad a price. Why is this one is $800 but a similar scarcity Gunslinger US proof went for $15K, I have no idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    BIG ONE!!

    Congrats buddy.
    Keep shining my Wednesday mornings
    Thanks Shac, buddy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    First time i see this, BIG BIG CONGRATS Jon !!!
    Thanks Frank. This is only the second I've seen.

  7. #3857
    Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,102
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Impressive Jon. Thatís very scarce.

  8. #3858
    Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,833
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Apologies in advance if this is an inappropriate question, please just ignore it if thatís the case. Iíve always wondered what these rare proofs are valued at. Whatís the average amount proof collectors would be willing to pay for this one?
    No problem. I think it's very difficult to price up these rare proofs. I paid $800 for this proof, which due to it's scarcity, I thought was not to bad a price. Why is this one is $800 but a similar scarcity Gunslinger US proof went for $15K, I have no idea?
    $15K for that Gunslinger?!? I learn something new every day here. Sounds like $800 was a good purchase based on the feedback you're getting about this proof. Congrats btw!!

  9. #3859
    Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,501
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Impressive Jon. Thatís very scarce.
    Thank you, Paul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Apologies in advance if this is an inappropriate question, please just ignore it if thatís the case. Iíve always wondered what these rare proofs are valued at. Whatís the average amount proof collectors would be willing to pay for this one?
    No problem. I think it's very difficult to price up these rare proofs. I paid $800 for this proof, which due to it's scarcity, I thought was not to bad a price. Why is this one is $800 but a similar scarcity Gunslinger US proof went for $15K, I have no idea?
    $15K for that Gunslinger?!? I learn something new every day here. Sounds like $800 was a good purchase based on the feedback you're getting about this proof. Congrats btw!!
    Thanks Adam. The Gunslinger was a silent auction with Betts. It was a beautiful looking proof in fine condition. Unfortunately, I've yet to find any of the Gunslinger proofs.

  10. #3860
    Demon of the Prim firemonkey66 has much to be proud of firemonkey66 has much to be proud of firemonkey66 has much to be proud of firemonkey66 has much to be proud of firemonkey66 has much to be proud of firemonkey66 has much to be proud of firemonkey66 has much to be proud of firemonkey66 has much to be proud of firemonkey66 has much to be proud of firemonkey66's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,429
    My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Nice stuff, one of my favorites too The UK and US covers only differ in the publisher name at the bottom, right? Or am I missing it?
    Looking for:
    1) CD Carrie S/L & matching art portfolio #58
    2) Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

  11. #3861
    Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,501
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Nice stuff, one of my favorites too The UK and US covers only differ in the publisher name at the bottom, right? Or am I missing it?
    Yes, externally the only difference is the publishers name. Internally, there is an extra page in the US proof with the Viking logo and the changes of publisher details on the forepages. Otherwise, the story text is identical.

  12. #3862
    Vagrant Dead MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    4,086
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Another great and seemly rare proof. Congrats.

  13. #3863
    Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,501
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Another great and seemly rare proof. Congrats.
    Thanks Mike.

  14. #3864
    Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,461
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Wow, Jon!! That's a proof I always wanted when I was still collecting. I know of only two copies of this one... very scarce and a major addition to your collection.

    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Thanks MichaŽl. I think Bob has one but I haven't any others. Maybe hutch?
    Bob has one, and Betts sold one a couple of years ago that I just missed out on. I believe it was signed by King but I might be wrong... either way, it was only $450 I think! I was really sad that I didn't get it...

  15. #3865
    Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    725
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Bringing out the big boys! I love this one and am appropriately envious. Congratulations on another super, rare pick up!

  16. #3866
    Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,501
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Bringing out the big boys! I love this one and am appropriately envious. Congratulations on another super, rare pick up!
    Thanks Jeff.

  17. #3867
    Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,501
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Proof #165 - Stephen King - Bag of Bones - US Uncorrected Advance Proof - 3rd state signed and inscribed with personalised publishers letter and promotional items.







    All three US states


  18. #3868
    Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    235
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Proof #165 - Stephen King - Bag of Bones - US Uncorrected Advance Proof - 3rd state signed and inscribed with personalised publishers letter and promotional items.







    All three US states

    forgive me if this is obvious, but i do not know the difference between the first two, is one signed and the other not? and that black spine proof! fantastic! i always wanted to get the whole promo package, a sheet of magnets just sold on eBay for over 50.00 on its own!
    i read somewhere there was a small bag of plastic bones also included in this promo package, do you know if there is any truth to that?
    i love Wednesday proof day!

  19. #3869
    Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,501
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    forgive me if this is obvious, but i do not know the difference between the first two, is one signed and the other not? and that black spine proof! fantastic! i always wanted to get the whole promo package, a sheet of magnets just sold on eBay for over 50.00 on its own!
    i read somewhere there was a small bag of plastic bones also included in this promo package, do you know if there is any truth to that?
    i love Wednesday proof day!
    Thanks. Yes, essentially the 2nd and 3rd states are identical except one is signed (100 copies) and the other is not, plus they have different publishers letters. The magnet sheets are expensive, this one came with the proof. I haven't seen the bag of plastic bones, so I'm not sure if they were included in the promo package or not.

  20. #3870
    Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    725
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Cool to see all the states together, along with the promo items. Congratulations, Jon. Keep up the good work!

  21. #3871
    Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,461
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'm missing the three UK states, Jon...

    (just kidding - another very nice addition! And cool to see all the promo items.)

  22. #3872
    Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,719
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Very nice BAG OF BONES stuff!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  23. #3873
    Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,501
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Cool to see all the states together, along with the promo items. Congratulations, Jon. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Jeff.

    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I'm missing the three UK states, Jon...

    (just kidding - another very nice addition! And cool to see all the promo items.)
    Thanks MichaŽl. Maybe one day with the three UK states....

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Very nice BAG OF BONES stuff!
    Thanks Steve.

  24. #3874
    Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Of Heaven
    Posts
    3,112
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Love that inscription! Great stuff, Jon...

  25. #3875
    Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    Very nice Jon!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts