Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 165 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations Jon, quite the Proof Collection!!!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations Jon. You've surpassed my number of proofs by 7! That's a lot in such a short time. I suspect after this the collection will level off like mine did because I can't find the super rare ones. And if I did I may not be able to buy them anyway. The crazy thing is that at this number, it's just slightly over half of the total known to exist!
    Thanks Paul. Yes, I'm sure it will level off now, as many I now need are very difficult to find. I think there are half a dozen that I may be able to find easily that I am missing, like the US Revival.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Congratulations Jon, quite the Proof Collection!!!!
    Thanks Matt. Missing many of the early Doubleday ones you have (not that I would be able to afford them anyway).

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jon !! That's 100 more than what I have

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Very nice Jon !! That's 100 more than what I have
    Thanks Shac. Good luck with your proof collection.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

He's gonna need it!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Jon. I shall mis RPW when it winds down

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Very cool, Jon. I shall mis RPW when it winds down
    Thanks Alan.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Week 19 - Four more weeks after today's RPW. I have saved some scarce ones until last, mostly older proofs. But today, two UK proofs.

Proof #117 - Stephen King - Firestarter - UK Advance Uncorrected Proof

Proof #118 - Stephen King - Gerald's Game - UK Advance Uncorrected Proof

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wednesday awesomeness, thanks Jon. That Firestarter is a big gun. Nice condition too, given that black is so prone to creasing and flaking.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Wednesday awesomeness, thanks Jon. That Firestarter is a big gun. Nice condition too, given that black is so prone to creasing and flaking.
    Thanks Antoni. I am relieved to have finally obtained a copy of the UK Firestarter. I have missed out a couple of times on auctions. As you say they are very prone to creasing and the loss of the black from the covers. This copy is not so bad on the front and back covers but has issues on the spine.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon. The U.K. Gerald's Game was one of the first proofs I ever got. Way before I started collecting proofs back when the book was first released. I had no idea what I would eventually be getting myself into when I started collecting them more seriously. Looking forward to the final four.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jon! I hope to add those two to the collection someday. At the end of the line, I'd love to see a pic of all of the proofs together just to appreciate them all.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice additions for both, but especially Firestarter! Congrats Jon!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

CONGRATS Jon !!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Jon!
    Thanks Brian.

Congratulations Jon. The U.K. Gerald's Game was one of the first proofs I ever got. Way before I started collecting proofs back when the book was first released. I had no idea what I would eventually be getting myself into when I started collecting them more seriously. Looking forward to the final four.
    Thanks Paul. I think my first proof was US Rose Madder and I only had 3 proofs for many years and wasn't really interested in collecting them until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Congratulations, Jon! I hope to add those two to the collection someday. At the end of the line, I'd love to see a pic of all of the proofs together just to appreciate them all.
    Thanks Jeff. The plan is to update photos of the proof shelves once I've finished. They have changed a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very nice additions for both, but especially Firestarter! Congrats Jon!
    Thanks Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    CONGRATS Jon !!!
    Thanks Frank.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey it must be Wednesday! Awesome proofs my friend, I particularly dig the firestarter

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Hey it must be Wednesday! Awesome proofs my friend, I particularly dig the firestarter
    Thanks Chad.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I received a second copy of The Fireman UK Proof today that I intented to sell on. It had a large sized promotional postcard with it that I did not have and was going to keep. When I unwrapped the book it was glaringly obvious that it was a different state of the UK proof.
    Below are photos of my original copy - I know there are limited copies out there but is this same as other members copies. I would be grateful if members could check their copies to see if they differ from the one below and I will then post the different state.

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK Advance Uncorrected Manuscript Proof

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 07:02 AM.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon, this one is the same as the copy I have. I'd be interested to see this other state you've discovered.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon, this one is the same as the copy I have. I'd be interested to see this other state you've discovered.
    I thought this one may be the more usual state, but photographs on eBay don't usually show the side of the book. When I bid on the book I was unaware of the difference. The postcard insert is advertising the Waterstones Red-edged 1st Hardback so it seems the publisher sprayed the page edges of some of the proofs to promote the Waterstones edition. However, they did not spray them red!?!

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK Advance Uncorrected Manuscript Proof - Yellow Sprayed Page-Edges State

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK 8 1/4"x6" Waterstones Edition Promotional Postcard

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 05:17 AM.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ditto! Same one I have as well and I echo Paul's curiosity.

Country
    Country Flag

Ooohhh! Very nice. Needless to say, I have never even heard of this one. Well done.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Jon. Great find there. I've never seen that proof with yellow edges. Must be really scarce. Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 165 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast