Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 165 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Jon. The Cujo looks to be great shape. Congratulations! Happy to hear you're feeling better.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice ones!
    Already 105 proofs? That goes fast!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations on the PROOFS, MOST Importantly happy your feeling better!!!!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jon, stunning additions as always. The envy factor runs high with you

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Good stuff, Jon. Cujo is one of my all time favorites.
    Thanks Brian. I really liked Cujo as well but I haven't read it for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Nice Jon. The Cujo looks to be great shape. Congratulations! Happy to hear you're feeling better.
    Thanks Paul. Yes, the Cujo is in great shape. There are two staple holes on the front cover so I assume there was a slip attached to it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Nice ones!
    Already 105 proofs? That goes fast!
    Thanks Jeremy. I can't believe I've got to 105 and beyond as a well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Congratulations on the PROOFS, MUST Importantly happy your feeling better!!!!
    Thanks Matt. Thanks for the best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Jon, stunning additions as always. The envy factor runs high with you
    Thanks Jeff. I think your envy factor will get more with five of the remaining dozen left to post.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Jon. 'Remaining dozen' sounds intriguing!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Indeed! Ditto on the recovery, my friend.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent proofs.

And human is very good. Nice.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Michael. Shouldn't take too long to post them as I will post them in groups.

Indeed! Ditto on the recovery, my friend.
    Thanks Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Excellent proofs.

And human is very good. Nice.
    Thanks Antoni.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This arrived from Amazon UK. I was fortunate to get a set containing all 1st/1st.

Stephen King - The Bill Hodges Trilogy - US 1st/1st Boxset

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good deal on the trilogy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats. Made me think if there would be a UK version of this boxed set. I actually hope not. Would be one more thing to buy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Thanks Frank.

Good deal on the trilogy.
    Thanks Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congrats. Made me think if there would be a UK version of this boxed set. I actually hope not. Would be one more thing to buy.
    Thanks Paul. I haven't seen a UK version advertised anywhere, so I also hope there isn't one. I haven't any shelf space left for this box set.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Part 15 - My The Shining proof collection. Not as impressive as Matt's Doubleday proofs today.

Proof #106 - Stephen King - The Shining - US Advance Uncorrected Reviewer Proof (Cemetery Dance)

From what Bob has said previously there were 30 of this state produced to send out to reviewers. This is much fewer than previous proofs as CD expected the book to sell out pre-publication.

Proof #107 - Stephen King - The Shining - US Advance Uncorrected Inter-office Proof (Cemetery Dance)

There were 20 copies of the proof for internal interoffice purposes. We print the interoffice proofs at a different stage than the review copies. The printing of the interoffice proofs is at a different stage than the review copies. Sometimes CD end up using the same files for both, but not always. The interoffice proofs are to give the design team a chance to handle the book in print, bound, like a real book. This step adds cost to the production, but it is done to make sure nothing is overlooked that affects the readability or production of the book. This is important to CD that these volumes look good and are very readable, to confirm that before they print review copies. As Bob quoted, at least 10 were used in the proofing process leaving 10 or less in fine, unused condition. This copy is one of the unused examples.

Proof #108 - Stephen King - The Shine - US Manuscript Proof (Agent Advance Copy)

Since I posted this a couple of months ago I have found much more above this manuscript. This a photocopied copy of the original manuscript that was sent to King's agent Ziegler Associates, Inc in LA. The agent sent these out to prospective Movie Production companies to see if they were interested in buying the filming rights of the book adaptation. The manuscript is the full version of the book while it was still titled The Shine and is unedited with lots of deleted scenes and sentences and includes the full and supposedly missing After The Play chapter. I have noticed that there are two missing pages of which there are two reasons for this. The first is that someone messed up with the copier. Very possible, especially given it's age. The second is that it was done intentionally. Removing certain pages or duplicating others is a way to find out who is leaking/copying/sharing your scripts/manuscripts. For example, if a copy surfaced missing page 41 that would tell you who had leaked it -- as long as they kept track of their system! These days they tend to just embed a watermark since everything except the highest level stuff is sent around via PDFs, but even then they sometimes drop a page here or there in case the watermark is stripped.

Proof #109 - Stephen King - The Shining - US Advance Bonus Section Notes, Drafts and Submission Copy

These are my notes on the bonus section of CDs The Shining. From left to right they include my hand-written notes on location of deleted scenes comparing page number of the manuscript to the first edition book. Next is the first draft with hand corrections and additional deleted sentences on second comparison with the manuscript. The second from the right is the second draft with spell checking and one last proof reading to the manuscript (with a few minor hand corrections). The far right is the final draft that I submitted to CD which includes an introduction. I have kept these with the manuscript.

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:33 AM.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very meticulous Jon! I expect 50 years down the line, someone posting on the NP&J thread that they have just bought the original hand written notes that someone called 'JonP' created for the extremely scarce and hard to find CD limited of The Shining...

As soon as mine arrives I will be off down the road to get you to sign it
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+1

Wonderful work Jon. Blows my mind your contribution to this edition.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very very very cool stuff for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are really neat!
    Awhile back I tried to get copies or anything possible from the first french publishers that bought King's books, but complicated to track down archives as the publishers have been merged with others etc etc.
    Getting old stuff like is pretty cool !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You have been a very busy and productive collector! Congratulations on the new additions and thanks for your contributions to the King collecting community.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the new CD proofs and good to hear more on the manuscript story. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

Country
    Country Flag

Just pure awesomeness, my friend! Congrats!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing stuff Jon and still absolutely delighted for you on being part of the new edition of The Shining.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is absolutely superb, Jon! Totally AWESOME!!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jonp again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 165 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast