Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful, Jon! The quality of proofs you have been rolling out is simply stunning. Well done and Congratulations!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't believe it's Wednesday again. That's an amazing copy of Christine Jon. I've not seen one in such great shape. And the jacket too. Having the publisher slip is the cherry on the top. What a great find. Congratulations!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The dj on your UK Christine proof is the best I have seen. They usually have significant wear at the spine ends because of the way they were folded to fit the smaller proof. Very nice!
    Thanks Bob. Yes, it's a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Beautiful, Jon! The quality of proofs you have been rolling out is simply stunning. Well done and Congratulations!
    Thanks, Jeff, for your kind words. More to come!

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Can't believe it's Wednesday again. That's an amazing copy of Christine Jon. I've not seen one in such great shape. And the jacket too. Having the publisher slip is the cherry on the top. What a great find. Congratulations!
    Thanks Paul. The weeks are rolling by fast. This is an amalgamation of two copies, the book in the top photo is spotless. The publisher slip is from the not so good copy.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon for this amazing proof !!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great with the DJ and publisher's slip! A wicked combo.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats Jon for this amazing proof !!!
    Thanks Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Looks great with the DJ and publisher's slip! A wicked combo.
    Thanks Michael.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope to get this one signed in just over 2 weeks by Joe. Unfortunately, it did not fare to well on its journey across to pond due to inadequate packaging.

Joe Hill - The Fireman - US Advance Uncorrected Proof (2nd State)

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:24 AM.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Part 8

Next up is one of my two favourite books and my first IT proof. Another four IT proofs to go. Also today, is The Dead Zone Paperback proof. I only read The Dead Zone last year for the first time and I really enjoyed even though I knew the story.

Proof #94 - Stephen King - IT - US Advance Uncorrected Proof

Proof #95 - Stephen King - The Dead Zone - US Advance Uncorrected Signet Proof

Next week is a proof I wasn't expecting to add to my collection anytime soon. I was buying a rare US proof from a dealer and he said he had some more King proofs that had just arrived and he hadn't even closely looked at them yet. I had all of them but one, a very rare UK proof that I had never seen up for sale before. Anyway more next week!
    Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You're a machine, Jon!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Jon. And I'm keen for next week's surprise.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep them coming! Gotta have the Viking IT proof, so good score there. Looking forward to the rare UK proof next week!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to hear the back story on how you acquired all these amazing proofs. Congratulations on the new additions and a nice piece of foreshadowing as well.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is awesome... I have struggled whether to buy it or not... IT is my fav King book....... BUT I fear it will lead me down the path of proof collecting! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    You're a machine, Jon!!
    Thanks Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Awesome Jon. And I'm keen for next week's surprise.
    Thanks Antoni.

Keep them coming! Gotta have the Viking IT proof, so good score there. Looking forward to the rare UK proof next week!
    Thanks Paul. I've been after an IT proof for a long time. IT and the Uncut The Stand are my favourite books therefore probably my most desired proofs.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    I can't wait to hear the back story on how you acquired all these amazing proofs. Congratulations on the new additions and a nice piece of foreshadowing as well.
    Thanks Jeff. Next weeks may not be as desirable as these older proofs but very rare nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It is awesome... I have struggled whether to buy it or not... IT is my fav King book....... BUT I fear it will lead me down the path of proof collecting! lol
    Thanks Kris, It's a very slippery slope into proof collecting.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING Jon, Congrats !!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    AMAZING Jon, Congrats !!!
    Thanks Frank.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not really into collecting paperbacks unless they are limited or exclusive extra content editions. My newest addition is an interesting set of paperback books that were released for UK Under The Dome. Most packs contain different titles but this one had five identical text 1st PB edition books which only differed by cover design. Probably, not really something for the general public but for collectors and sold exclusively through the superstore Tesco's online store. I opted to give this one a miss at the time. They struggled to sell them even though only a limited number of 100 sets were produced. The pack was originally priced at Ł39.95, but it was still available at a discounted price (Ł27.97) almost a year later. It was not available to overseas customers as there was not an international shipping option available. The pack contains the exclusive limited edition cover only available at Tesco stores and in this pack (the far left book with the boy in the red teeshirt). There is also an envelope containing exclusive limited edition postcards, which I presume are the front covers of the books enclosed (I do not intend to remove them from the shrinkwrap to find out).

Stephen King - Under The Dome - UK 1st PB The Five Covers Pack Tesco's Exclusive Limited Edition with Postcards - Limited to 100 copies.

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think that is a nice set of books, Jon. As crazy and fanatical as we collectors are, I, too, am amazed that these are still available (and at a discounted price)!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Really nice Jon! I've been looking for that set for some time now. Bob, these are still available? Where, 'cause I want one.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think that is a nice set of books, Jon. As crazy and fanatical as we collectors are, I, too, am amazed that these are still available (and at a discounted price)!
    Thanks Bob, it is a very nice set of books. It took a long time to sell out as only the most fanatical bought them.

Really nice Jon! I've been looking for that set for some time now. Bob, these are still available? Where, 'cause I want one.
    Thanks Paul. Tesco no longer sell them. They are only available on the secondary market. I've also been keeping an eye out for a set for a while and this one I bought on eBay from an Oxfam shop of all places. The money went to charity!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay thanks Jon. Nice find and well spotted.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have an interesting item here, it appears to be a very old photocopy of the original submission manuscript of The Shine (the original title of The Shining). The original manuscript had a stamp of an agent - Ziegler Associates, Inc (9255 Sunset Boulevard, LA.) - which has been reproduced on the first page. The original manuscript would have been on shorter height paper due to the 4cm band at the bottom of the pages. It's a very thick 527 pages long - it's a bit battered, soiled and has rust staining from very old treasury tag bindings. Back in the olden days before PCs, the only way to copy the original manuscript would have been to Xerox them, so this may have been a copy by the publishers/agent (wishful thinking) or it could be a fan-made example. I have shown photos to David W. and he has never seen this state of the book before, irrespective of it being a copy. Does anybody have any thoughts on this one as I'm not too sure what I've got here? Genuine in-house copy or fan-made reproduction?

Stephen King - The Shine - Original Submission Manuscript COPY

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I'll leave it to the experts but the type font and hand made corrections look exactly like those in the Second Coming original manuscript. Does it include Before The Play? Pictures of the TOC along with the front matter would provide more insight. Very cool item for sure.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Neat item! Unless someone intimate with the project chimes in, it will be very hard to figure out exactly what this is. Simply being a photocopy of "The Shine" manuscript is pretty cool.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I'll leave it to the experts but the type font and hand made corrections look exactly like those in the Second Coming original manuscript. Does it include Before The Play? Pictures of the TOC along with the front matter would provide more insight. Very cool item for sure.
    Before The Play is not in the book.

These are the first pages leading up to the novel.

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast