Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MATCHING NUMBERS... And the Values of...

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let me clarify, just in case someone misinterprets what I am offering.

I'm glad to swap out any number if indeed that helps someone add to or complete a number set they are looking for. I'm not going to swap out just because someone wants a random lower number than what they've got.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

With few exceptions, I am also willing to help out another collector if they are actively searching for a specific number to match their others of the same number.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I prefer if a set of books has matching numbers but I don't mind if titles not in a set don't match. Of course I suffer from missing one book from my DT set and I have a mismatched book in my ASOIAF set. That drives me nuts.
    Yeah that one number missing thing would be annoying, Becca. Hope you eventually find them!
    Thanks, I've been looking since the early 2000s
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    If it is a specific set of books, like the Song of Ice and Fire series, then matching numbers is the way to go. But with separate S/L editions, I don't care if the numbers match. Some of my CD S/L editions have the same number, but I would never sell IT and FDNS as a "matching numbers set". They are not a set - they are two books with the same number.

...I have a mismatched book in my ASOIAF set. That drives me nuts.
    As do I. I wish I could find my orphaned child somewhere. Why would someone want to keep it from coming to a good home with its brothers and sisters? :-(
    And the GRRM book collectors are not nearly as organized as SK folks, although I'm trying

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I prefer if a set of books has matching numbers but I don't mind if titles not in a set don't match. Of course I suffer from missing one book from my DT set and I have a mismatched book in my ASOIAF set. That drives me nuts.
    Yeah that one number missing thing would be annoying, Becca. Hope you eventually find them!
    Thanks, I've been looking since the early 2000s
    Patience, Grasshopper.........

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of the reasons I bought the CD Doubleday Carrie and did the lock in for the rest is to ensure my numbers 100%. I think it might be silly... But just means so much to me. I know there are both sides of the fence but even though I have located some books I do not have for a great price I have held off until I can find a matching set for sale...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think matching numbers on related books (BH/Talisman, Dr Sleep/Shing etc) falls in the same camp as PC vs numbered editions in regard to if they are worth more or not. For some collectors, they will see added value, and others just won't care.

I like the idea of matching numbers where possible myself. I'm not a big s/l collector and so I personally wouldn't pay more to hunt out and match a number, but I'd certainly take the option if it was easily available. I have a number I ask CD to match for me when I buy things from them, and this includes Lonely Road Books. I hope to match Legion with my Exorcist number when they do that next year.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey other than the Dark Tower... And including Portfolios... What would you guys say could count as possible matching numbers guys?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that Desperation/Regulators would be a cool one to obtain, but very difficult one to come by.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I think that Desperation/Regulators would be a cool one to obtain, but very difficult one to come by.
    Greg, I never even thought about that one! I wonder if anyone has a matching set... Good one though man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Greg, I never even thought about that one! I wonder if anyone has a matching set... Good one though man!
    It's my dream one! Problem is that I have a superb remarque in my Desperation #910, so I have to find another Desperation, #341, to match my Regulators.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I have, in a "Dolso" case, my 1/1 of "The Shining" and "Dr. Sleep", which I think is pretty cool. "The Shining" is probably my second favorite, King book. If he ever goes on a signing tour again I would bring this for a signature.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Personally, I have, in a "Dolso" case, my 1/1 of "The Shining" and "Dr. Sleep", which I think is pretty cool. "The Shining" is probably my second favorite, King book. If he ever goes on a signing tour again I would bring this for a signature.

That's gorgeous, Bill!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

That's gorgeous, Bill!
    That is cool. MAybe this should be called the OCD thread guys?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

That would be cool. I would love to have any Regulators - preferably a lettered

Country
    Country Flag

That would be cool. I would love to have any Regulators - preferably a lettered
    When the dust settles from my crazy year... I am getting one. AMAZING book!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by DoctorZaius
    I think the odds of my finding the matching #5 Regulators for my #5 Desperation, for sale, at a price I can afford ... is distinctly tremendously unlikely. That's why, other than my "normal" matching number (186), I opted to go with just single digits. At least the odds of getting a 1 through 9 are a little bit higher. I've got a 1, 4, 5 and 7 so far. You see single digits pop up somewhat frquently, it's just a matter of having the disposable cash on hand when it does. Ho-hum.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Which books do you have with #186 if I might ask?

Thanks,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Originally Posted by DoctorZaius
    I think the odds of my finding the matching #5 Regulators for my #5 Desperation, for sale, at a price I can afford ... is distinctly tremendously unlikely. That's why, other than my "normal" matching number (186), I opted to go with just single digits. At least the odds of getting a 1 through 9 are a little bit higher. I've got a 1, 4, 5 and 7 so far. You see single digits pop up somewhat frquently, it's just a matter of having the disposable cash on hand when it does. Ho-hum.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks,

Nick
    Nick, check out my Collections thread ... and please let me know if you have any 186's to sell/trade!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Nice collection George.

I noticed you don't have any Grant 186s

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

Thanks,

Nick
    Nick, check out my Collections thread ... and please let me know if you have any 186's to sell/trade!
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Country
    Country Flag

Regulator's and Desperation
    Talisman and Black house
    Dark Tower Set
    IT and Portfolio
    Secretary of Dreams I and II
    Insomnia and Portfolio
    Cycle of the Werewolf and Portfolio
    Stand and Portfolio
    Doctor Sleep and The Shinning
    The Dark Man and Portfolio

So.... is there any other matching numbered combo's that I missed guys?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There is also a Skeleton Crew art portfolio - if I recall correctly the print run was 500 copies (which is less than the S/L) but I can't remember if they were actually numbered... I don't think so but I may be mistaken.

Are you sure all portfolios you mention were numbered? I'm not saying they aren't, I simply don't know. Oh, and some of them (Insomnia, The Stand) also occur in different states. If all states are numbered it would be pretty awesome to match those as well.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Skeleton Crew portfolio isn't numbered.

I do have matching Talisman, Black House AND the gift Talisman/Black House...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Skeleton Crew portfolio isn't numbered.

I do have matching Talisman, Black House AND the gift Talisman/Black House...
    SELL THAT TO ME........ lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You can't count portfolios that are not signed by King together with the signed ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast