Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: MATCHING NUMBERS... And the Values of...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    The big mistake sellers often make is bundling five or six books (I'm not talking about Dark Tower books) of the same number and trying to sell them as a set.

Most collectors are not going to buy five unrelated books in one swoop just because they have the same number.
    Five? How about 10?

I might be putting this to the test this summer - haha. I think I'm going to sell my big set and I'm going to try to do it as one huge group of 17 books. We'll see...
    Do yourself a favor...break 'em up and sell them one by one.

It is more work, but it will pay off.
    If and when it happens, they'd be consigned anyway - and maybe David will have some thoughts on the best approach...

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I could see making more $ piecing them out, but I think it would be damn cool for collectors to keep them all together.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That's the thing - Tippy's totally right that it's much easier to sell if they got broken up piecemeal...I mean, otherwise you're basically asking ONE collector to spend $17K+ for an entire set all at once, when a motivated collector will surely have duplicates in the set already. So that's asking an awful lot!

But it's like any other unique collectible - it can't be repeated, won't be repeated, and I've never seen a matching set with more than 5-6 of the most recent books matched up. This has older books like Christine, Danse, Night Visions (not that that matters) as the same # as the DT set, and many others. So it's basically one of a kind.

A true collector is going to appreciate that, like you point out.

Is that worth $17K+ to someone? Not too sure...haha

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not working TOO hard at trying to get matching numbers OUTSIDE of the series/sequences, but if I can, I will. I don't have much of a start on any particular # yet, but it at least adds a little interest to the game.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Hey does anyone out here have a matching Insomnia and Portfolio? What would you value it at if so? Thanks!
    Kris, there were only 400 portfolios issued, while there were 1250 signed limiteds. If I had a matching set (which I don't--my book is #851, my portfolio is #158), I'd value it at $600+. The original price of the portfolio was $80.

John
    Thanks John. That is a big help!!!!!! Im looking for that now
    Kris, are you trying to match a S/L book and BOTH portfolio versions (red cover, black cover)? May be impossible.
    Don't think the red ones were numbered. (Might be wrong)
    My red portfolio is numbered 10 of 400. I have never known for certain how many red portfolios were done but I think that they are just part of the total 400 copy edition.
    they're were supposed to be ten with Phil hale originals in each but he only did like 6. The first 10 were numbered and in a red portfolio

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

My red portfolio is numbered 10 of 400. I have never known for certain how many red portfolios were done but I think that they are just part of the total 400 copy edition.
    they're were supposed to be ten with Phil hale originals in each but he only did like 6. The first 10 were numbered and in a red portfolio
    Thanks for the info guys.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey does anyone out here have a matching Insomnia and Portfolio? What would you value it at if so? Thanks!
    Kris, there were only 400 portfolios issued, while there were 1250 signed limiteds. If I had a matching set (which I don't--my book is #851, my portfolio is #158), I'd value it at $600+. The original price of the portfolio was $80.

John
    Kris, are you trying to match a S/L book and BOTH portfolio versions (red cover, black cover)? May be impossible.
    Very cool... anyone have one of these?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

John
    Interesting. Where did you hear that he only did 6? The original sketches are pretty small and just laid in to the portfolio. I have #10 and it has one of the sketches laid in.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

John
    Interesting. Where did you hear that he only did 6? The original sketches are pretty small and just laid in to the portfolio. I have #10 and it has one of the sketches laid in.
    Hi Bob - I've talked to Todd who ran Glimmer Graphics and he has told me on a couple of occasions that Hale only completed 6 or 7 of the requested drawings. I actually bought an unnumbered red portfolio, a black numbered portfolio, and the proof prints from him awhile ago.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bob - I've talked to Todd who ran Glimmer Graphics and he has told me on a couple of occasions that Hale only completed 6 or 7 of the requested drawings. I actually bought an unnumbered red portfolio, a black numbered portfolio, and the proof prints from him awhile ago.
    Interesting info. Thanks!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting info. Thanks!
    This was discussed quite a long time ago "(4/29/2010). Update 4/29/10 Per Glimmer Graphics- Phil Hale submitted only ~ 7 of the 10 original art pieces requested. The original piece is not numbered, only added to a few Red folder editions."
    The Catalog is your friend:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ortfolio+-+S+L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4