Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Wanted page !

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Wanted page !

Hi Folks,

according to the Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them? Topic,
    I asked myself for weeks now, why we do not have a place where we collect the searching members also.

I mean, getting a full # Set of the Dark Tower is (if you do not have the luck or founds to buy it complete, or have been one of the DT1 owners)
    a long and exiting journey, but you often need any little peace of information that you might get.

Thats why i want to get the Grandt "Wanted page" back online, and give everybody the chance to place the # s/he is searching for here in this topic.
    I will complete it as a list according to the owners page.

One note: To be on the list doesn't mean anything else but: somebody who owns a # will have the chance to find you.

If more then one member searches for the same #, i will just add both so that they can find a deal. There is no demand regarding exclusivity, it is just informal.

I know we have the search page, but this is changing fast, and you have no chance to search for a # as the term is to short, and people write it different.
    Thats why i see a demand for this list ;D

If you are searching for a certain # drop me a PM or post here in this topic!
    Hope you will all be able to find what you need!

Inspired from Merlin, i will add DTs that you are holding in a second list. For trade or not, it will tell the people where the # is.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am searching for Dark Tower Signed & Limited:
    =========
    #54 (any => kingfan24 *04/2014)
    #101 (1,2, 3 & 4 => Priest 04/2015)
    #129 (1 => thegunslinger41 05/2014)
    #153 (any => skyofcrack 04/2014)
    #171 (any => Lookwhoitis 04/2014)
    #203 (any => Lookwhoitis 04/2014)
    #214 (1,2 => divemaster 04/2014)
    #253 (1,LSOE => SierraKiloCollector 05/2014)
    #379 (1,2,3 & TWTTK => Frankie 04/2014)
    #459 (any => webstar1000 04/2014)
    #464 (any => kingfan24 04/2014)
    #1208(3 - 7 => Citizen of Lud 08/2014)

#PC (4 => Priest 04/2015)
    /************************************************** ************************************************** ********/

I am holding the following Dark Tower Signed & Limited
    =========

#196 (1 => divemaster 04/2014)
    #171 (LSoE,TWTTK => Lookwhoitis 04/2014)
    #203 (5,6 => Lookwhoitis 04/2014)
    #217 (1 => thegunslinger41 05/2014)
    #464 (2,4 > TWTTK => kingfan24 04/2014)
    #473 (2 => divemaster 04/2014)
    #484 (LSOE => SierraKiloCollector 05/2014)
    #602 (TWTTK => Frankie 04/2014)
    #625 (4 > TWTTK => skyofcrack 04/2014)
    #889 (3 => skyofcrack 04/2014)
    #1125 (4 => Priest 04/2014)
    #1131 (5 => Merlin1958 04/2014)

PC (7 => Lookwhoitis 04/2014)
    Last edited by Priest; 09-02-2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added books & changes

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This seems like a pretty good idea, though since I only own 1 TDT S/L (TDT V, #1131) I will be little help, but I hope it helps some members in their quest.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Merlin,

thanks for your addition, as i am unsure if you are actually searching for the other books your idea inspired a second list with books "i hold" (without being on the trip to complete)
    this is a great addition, as anybody who might have the other ones can get in contact with you (or not) or whatever.

Thanks for this input!

IF i added you to the holding list by error , i will change this !
    And i hope everybody else will go to the shelves now, and get my their numbers ;D

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Hey Merlin,

thanks for your addition, as i am unsure if you are actually searching for the other books your idea inspired a second list with books "i hold" (without being on the trip to complete)
    this is a great addition, as anybody who might have the other ones can get in contact with you (or not) or whatever.

Thanks for this input!
    IF i added you to the holding list by error , i all change this !

And i hope everybody else will go to the shelves now, and get my their numbers ;D
    I'm not looking, but I will trade.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I am holding DT III LE #889 & DT IV-VII, WTTK, LSOE LE #625, WTTK UK LE #153

I am searching for DT LE #153 for all Grant books.

I was thinking, if one were completely crazy about having a definitive matching DT signed set then it would also have the UK Wizard & Glass, The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three S/L audio sets plus the Wind Through the Keyhole UK S/L which is only 200 copies. That would mean there could only be 200 possible matching sets.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I am searching for DT I and II, #214

I am holding DT I #196 and II #473

I actually know who needs Gunslinger #196 to complete a full number set (he's on this site), and he know's it's available to him. All he has to do is pull the trigger.
    What is he waiting for? I would even give you a deposit to hold it... if the reason was not enough cash. I think (for me) the holy grail of collecting King is a matching set... Cool of you to hold onto it man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

searching for DT I AND III # 464

holding DT II And DT IV - WTTKH

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will take any book related to my number... #459. I will pay all shipping and of course a thank you for the hassle (if I have the same one.. if not I will buy it!). thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, thanks for adding your books.
    I put them in the list!

@Sky.. i will not incude UKs here, this is for the grandt only, hope you understand that.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for adding me.

You can also add that I have #602 TWTTK and would be happy to sell/trade it if someone is looking for it.

I'd also probably be interested in any other S/L #379s.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Randall,

i saw it, but noticed that it is not updated for nearly two years.
    If its ok for you i will give it a try and start this new list for the Dark Towers.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Randall,

i saw it, but noticed that it is not updated for nearly two years.
    If its ok for you i will give it a try and start this new list for the Dark Towers.
    Sure, give it a go.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

@Sky.. i will not incude UKs here, this is for the grandt only, hope you understand that.
    Of course. Yes. I only added the UK book to show my reasoning for wanting the #153 for the Grant books.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Hi priest - I have through wind thought the key hole - you have me listed as through LSOE

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeking ANY Dark Tower (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII) # 171

Also Seeking Dark Tower Books # 203 (Paying Layaway on V & VI but I don't have them in hand yet)

I OWN LSoE and TWTtK # 171 and plan on trying to complete this numbered set (or at least II-TWTtK)
    I also OWN a PC DT:VII

Might never be able to afford a DT:I Gunslinger S/N LE and it will probably be the last book I go for.
    More likely I will attempt to get a fine/fine 1st edition and get it signed in person by Sai King.
    I DO plan on completing a set from II-TWTtK.
    I'd be a candidate as a prospective buyer for a "bargain" copy of I (eventually)

I also am looking for ANY King S/N LE # 171 (especially Doctor Sleep to match my copy of the Shining)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I am holding the following Dark Tower Signed & Limited
    =========

#625 (4 > LSOE => skyofcrack 04/2014)
    I have TWTTK (2012) which came out after LSOE (2009).

Should read this:

#625 (4 > TWTTK => skyofcrack 04/2014)

Country
    Country Flag

@sky...
    ah you dont need a reason ;D But its nice to sey your have a bigger goal ;D

@kingfan
    sorry changed

and all other books are added and changed.
    Sorry for mixing up !

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    ...I am holding DT I #196...

I actually know who needs Gunslinger #196 to complete a full number set (he's on this site), and he know's it's available to him. All he has to do is pull the trigger.
    What is he waiting for? I would even give you a deposit to hold it... if the reason was not enough cash. I think (for me) the holy grail of collecting King is a matching set... Cool of you to hold onto it man!
    Divemaster is a good man.

If you're interested, here is the story of how the rest of the set came together. I posted this a couple years ago in the matching number set thread (with a couple minor edits):

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Nov. 2004: DT II, III, IV - Barry R. Levin Science Fiction & Fantasy. I heard about the whole S/L concept at the old TDT.net forums and decided to look into purchasing some. I saw these on ABE listed separately, called up Barry, and worked out a "volume discount" deal.

June 2011: LSOE, LSOE AE - John Hanic. He bought them on eBay in order to secure the right to purchase TWITKH. I bought another set specifically to trade with John, so he could still get TWITKH.

Oct 2011: I can't attend the King reception and signing at Fall of the Books back East, so Ralph Mulleins takes my 1st/1st of The Gunslinger to the signing.

Nov 2011: DTIV UK (not really necessary for a complete set) - In January 2011 I just missed this at Betts - saw one of those SOLD signs that David puts out before removing items from the site. I contacted David, but it was too late. He had just shipped it out to a buyer in Australia. Flash forward ten months: Recently while perusing the forum over at Cemetery Dance, I ran across a photo of the book in someone's collection thread. I contacted the owner and we worked a straight across trade. He was not a member here at TDT at the time, but he is now. Thanks, Grant (Bad Penny)!

Dec 2011: DT V, VI, VII: Simon had recently purchased these at a Heritage auction I missed. He posted here at TDT looking for the others. We worked out a sale/purchase.

Here is the set, including my signed (but not S/L) 1st/1st edition of DTI:

(Note: I also have #196 of TWTTKH, but it was not yet released at the time of this photo.)

This set is especially meaningful to me because of all the collector friends that have assisted with trades or sales to help me put this together.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story, Patrick!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Great story, Patrick!!!
    Thanks, Bill. I agree with you, due to the kindness of other collectors.

Here is a more recent photo.
    Spoiler:

The UK S/L of TWTTKH in the photo is #121.
    I'd like to trade it for #196 if that copy ever shows itself.

Edit: I just remembered that this thread is not for UK Dark Tower limited editions.
    Last edited by Patrick; 04-24-2014 at 09:31 PM. Reason: oops
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Great story, Patrick!!!
    Thanks, Bill. I agree with you, due to the kindness of other collectors.

Here is a more recent photo.
    Spoiler:

The UK S/L of TWTTKH in the photo is #121. I'd like to trade it for #196 if that copy ever shows itself.

You are welcome and that is why it is a "Great Story". Because of the "Family nature" of this collecting community. Everyone helps each other, provides funds for charities and are capable of helping fellow members in tough times. This IS the best internet community on the World Wide Web, hands down!!!! Folks here are simply AMAZING!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely agree, Bill!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the story ;D
    I real hope that we will get some more like this.

BR Sebastian

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast