2 7.69%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • Never read

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bracket #11: The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower (2004)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #11: The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower (2004)

The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower, 2004

Please vote for The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower using the following scale:

• Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Please base your vote only on this book's own merits, not how it fits into the series as a whole.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

0.5 deduction because I was very bored by all the taheen stuff

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

5. AMAZING... The Magnum Opus comes to a close in all it's glory...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great book overall. Loved the ending. Perfection personified. I didn't know how King was going to pull it off, what with 7 tomes of build-up. But he did. I can't imagine any other ending being even remotely as satisfying.

My 0.5 deduction was the whole Dandelo business.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2.5????????????????????????????
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Great book overall. Loved the ending. Perfection personified. I didn't know how King was going to pull it off, what with 7 tomes of build-up. But he did. I can't imagine any other ending being even remotely as satisfying.

I agree with you on the ending... I had no idea how he was going to and I DID NOT see that coming...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

I agree with you on the ending... I had no idea how he was going to and I DID NOT see that coming...
    same here

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I think I'm one of the rare ones who loved the ending.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which ending exactly?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

I think I'm one of the rare ones who loved the ending.
    many people did, and all bears

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know of any other book series that has an ending that immediately made me want to read it all again from the start.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yes!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

3. Too much buildup (anticipated greatness), too much superfluous stuff, and the ending was a cop-out

Gunslinger Apprentice Andrew Campbell is on a distinguished road Andrew Campbell's Avatar

I gave it a 4. Loved the ending. In fact, as "ka" would dictate, it was the only logical ending to have. However, I didn't expect the Crimson King to be a gibbering idiot, so I had to dock it a point. I expected someone a calculated and ruthless as Flagg. G'head. Shoot me. Tell me I've "forgotten the face of my Father."

Gunslinger Apprentice Groomp will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

The only reason I didn't give it a 2 was because this is the only book that has actually made me cry.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Campbell View Post
    I gave it a 4. Loved the ending. In fact, as "ka" would dictate, it was the only logical ending to have. However, I didn't expect the Crimson King to be a gibbering idiot, so I had to dock it a point. I expected someone a calculated and ruthless as Flagg. G'head. Shoot me. Tell me I've "forgotten the face of my Father."
    Bears don't shoot, they maul.

Seriously, though, I never thought the reasoning "I expected this and got that" is very convincing. I'd much rather people (and animals) argued with what they got, not what they expected. I know, however, that many have found the Crimson King thing disappointing, expectations or no expectations. Couldn't never really understand why. I would say having a dead insane king in the centre of the universe was just about the worst thing that could happen to us.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Could have been a 5, but the ending knocked it down a full 2 points.

Yes, I'm irate.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Which ending exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    3. Too much buildup (anticipated greatness), too much superfluous stuff, and the ending was a cop-out
    So glad I'm not alone in feeling like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Yes, I'm irate.

I swear, I cannot even think about the ending of DT without thinking of you.
    In fact, I had to come in here just now to see you rant about it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Yes, I'm irate.

I swear, I cannot even think about the ending of DT without thinking of you.
    In fact, I had to come in here just now to see you rant about it.
    yes, bears love seeing it too. It always makes them marvel at how big, complex and diversified the universe is

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm that predictable, huh?

The ending has been the reason I can't bring myself to complete the reread. I don't want to go through that frustration again.

All laughs aside, I think I've said before that I really do feel bad that you can't re-read the series. I have a feeling that, if I was ever granted 3 wishes, I'd use one of them to grant you the ability to appreciate the ending.

Country
    Country Flag

at the expense of world peace?!

I'd still have 2 wishes!

Besides, wishing for world peace would be tricky. I've thought about this before, and it always leads me to an episode of The X-Files where a genie was to grant 3 wishes. Mulder used one of the wishes for world peace, and suddenly found himself in an empty world with no other human, no sound, etc.
    So, I'd be a bit afraid to wish for world peace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast