0 0%

0 0%

1 4.00%

1 4.00%
  • Never read

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bracket #8: The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass (1997)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I never understood why it is liked so much. It ranked 19th overall the last two CRAs, and before that it came in 16th. The whole book could've just been slimmed down by about half and maybe it would make some more sense.
    why didn't you give it at least a 2.5 then? I still can't understand that zero thing. That barroom scene alone is worth an additional 1, and the Blaine part at least 2.

Come to think of it, the Blaine episode is one of my favorites in the world's literature.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One scene does not redeem hundreds of pages of nothing.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I think it does. Even if we assume there was only one - while there were at least three (the bar, the canyon, Blaine). I also love the after-Mejis chapters.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could've given this a 0.5, I'll concede that. Half a star, basically, for the bar scene, but that was not an option.

Country
    Country Flag

nothing for the others?

Country
    Country Flag

Not really. I'm trying hard to recall anything else fondly but I just can't, sorry. This was the only King book that was physically painful to read. The book is almost 800 pages, and I enjoyed maybe 20-30 of them. Maybe it should've been a novella, like Eluria.

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hated it. I didn't start to the like Dark Tower till I got to the Waste Lands, and to go from that into this, well..... It just lost all the momentum it had been building and pulled me right out of the story. Maybe a chapter or two throughout the series, but a whole book dedicated to his backstory didn't interest me at all. Sorry Bears, don't hate me
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

funny how bears suddenly came across as W&G apologists... although it's their least favorite DT book and they struggled through the Mejis part, hating western/fantasy/puerile romance both in general and in particular...

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.120000000 or 82.40%. It received a rating of 5/4 with 10 votes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2