Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Dean Koontz

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Very cool of you! I'll have to keep an eye on this thread, sorry I missed it

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by uturn83 View Post
    No worries...I can still get signed copies, just not personalized...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the book, but never seen that promo version.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

BOOK CLUB EDITION TRUE 1st HARDCOVER EDITION.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Nice! Never have seen that one either.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my signed from B&N yesterday!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uturn83 View Post
    No worries...I can still get signed copies, just not personalized...
    So bummed I missed the personalized option. I'd take a flatsigned if still available..
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick, try http://badmoonbooks.com That's where I got my personalized. He drops them off with Koontz. I'm not sure if it's past the cut-off time for inscriptions but doesn't hurt to drop him a line and ask.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Patrick, try http://badmoonbooks.com That's where I got my personalized. He drops them off with Koontz. I'm not sure if it's past the cut-off time for inscriptions but doesn't hurt to drop him a line and ask.
    Patrick, that's a good option for the inscription. If that doesn't work out, or you can't get a flatsigned copy through Bad Moon Books, send me a PM as I can get one for you.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up Saint Odd signed edition from Target for about $18 after all the discounts. Pretty good deal. I love how Target has signed copies of some authors.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got this in the mail today. I particularly like the inscription, and it's to a 'John' so it works for me!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Just got this in the mail today. I particularly like the inscription, and it's to a 'John' so it works for me!
    Congratulations! Look's great! Nice inscription.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one. Congrats!

Country
    Country Flag

Just received this today thanks to the kind assistance of Paul (zelig)! Thanks!!

Country
    Country Flag

Default Soft Dean Koontz market

I'm curious and eager to hear folks thought on why the Koontz collectible market is currently so soft. A review of EBay shows that many signed limited editions are selling well below issue price. A review of sold Koontz items reflects most signed limiteds selling in the 100 to 200 dollar with range with quite a few sales below 100.00. Many older titles issued under pseudonyms sell for less than 100.00 even if they are signed. Also, Charnel House has reduced the quantity of signed limiteds per edition from 500 to 300 to 150. I look at it as a buying opportunity, but am surprised at the apparent lack of interest. He still tops the bestseller lists and the Odd series is extremely popular, but little demand for collectible books although Charnel House does sell out their editions. Thoughts? Am I misreading the market? Appreciate your input!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't speak much for it as I only have the charnel house odd books. I bought the first 4 at once from a seller for about $200 each which I felt was a really good price. But then I had to pay issue or slightly above for the next 3 - and the last I got from camelot at issue - since I wanted to complete the series. Seems like the odd books have held their value or are slightly more - compared with his other books. Save for a few like the book of counted sorrows - I forgot I have that one as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I can't speak much for it as I only have the charnel house odd books. I bought the first 4 at once from a seller for about $200 each which I felt was a really good price. But then I had to pay issue or slightly above for the next 3 - and the last I got from camelot at issue - since I wanted to complete the series. Seems like the odd books have held their value or are slightly more - compared with his other books. Save for a few like the book of counted sorrows - I forgot I have that one as well.
    I think the Charnel House books are great quality and the last few numbered at 125 are tough finds and getting them at issue price is a great deal. I think the Odd series Charnel books will ultimately hold their value. Getting the first four for around 200 is less than issue price and a great deal. Congratulations! I just don't understand why they are so reasonable. Supply is limited so I have to assume demand is low.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Patrick, that's a good option for the inscription. If that doesn't work out, or you can't get a flatsigned copy through Bad Moon Books, send me a PM as I can get one for you.
    Just realized I never responded. Thanks, guys, I got a signed 1st.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    I'm curious and eager to hear folks thought on why the Koontz collectible market is currently so soft. A review of EBay shows that many signed limited editions are selling well below issue price. A review of sold Koontz items reflects most signed limiteds selling in the 100 to 200 dollar with range with quite a few sales below 100.00. Many older titles issued under pseudonyms sell for less than 100.00 even if they are signed. Also, Charnel House has reduced the quantity of signed limiteds per edition from 500 to 300 to 150. I look at it as a buying opportunity, but am surprised at the apparent lack of interest. He still tops the bestseller lists and the Odd series is extremely popular, but little demand for collectible books although Charnel House does sell out their editions. Thoughts? Am I misreading the market? Appreciate your input!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I think the Charnel House books are great quality and the last few numbered at 125 are tough finds and getting them at issue price is a great deal. I think the Odd series Charnel books will ultimately hold their value. Getting the first four for around 200 is less than issue price and a great deal. Congratulations! I just don't understand why they are so reasonable. Supply is limited so I have to assume demand is low.
    Book 4 is still available from the publisher at its $300 issue price. I suppose that's why Charnel House dropped the quantity so drastically starting with Book 5 (from 326 down to only 125) and now that's why the newer volumes sell out quickly, despite the higher issue cost.

Personally I have the first four limited editions of the Odd books. As the issue price increased thereafter, and I wasn't clear when the series would end, if ever (Odd Interlude limited edition anyone?), I spent my book money elsewhere.

I'd like to pick up the last three four limited editions at some point, but just never have quite got to feeling like dropping the additional $1500 (assuming issue price) to complete the set.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Charnel House S/L Odd Thomas Series

I'm pleased to have finally received the last Odd Thomas S/L I needed to complete the set to date (Saint Odd has not been completed by Charnel House yet). Since the last few books are limited to 125, there can only be that many complete sets. Unfortunately, mine is not matched. I love the work Joe Stefko does at Charnel House and he is a great guy too. I wish Charnel House would do another Stephen King title. Regulators is the best! Here is the complete set to date as it resides on my shelf:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks great. Congratulations.

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful set! When do you expect them to ship the St. Odd book?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Beautiful set! When do you expect them to ship the St. Odd book?
    No set date yet. Last I heard it was in the proofing stage. Thanks to all for the kind words about the books!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like some opinions regarding the current value of the Koontz books published by Cemetery Dance from 1998 to 2000. Specifically what is the value of the lettered editions? I have copy "AA" of 52 lettered copies of False Memory, Fear Nothing and Seize The Night. I am entertaining an offer but don't know if it is fair or not.

Also would like opinions on the value of the lettered edition of Lightning. I have copy "S" of 26 lettered copies published by Ultramarine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast