0 0%

1 3.85%

2 7.69%

0 0%
  • Never read

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #7: Insomnia (1994)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #7: Insomnia (1994)

Insomnia, 1994

Please vote for Insomnia using the following scale:

• Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I think that's the lowest I've rated any of the books so far. But, I'm sorry, I got so bored with this book, even though I had high hopes.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What? This is an absolute five. This one's in my personal Top 5 at spot 3 or so. Mind-blowing novel!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ABSOLUTE 5! I HAD NO IDEA that at the end this whole adventure was about the Dark Tower. I have never jumped out of my chair like that when I realized what the little guy was drawing. I lOVED IT. Very dear to me... A big reason I try and find this in my DT matching number is because of this.... #459 if anyone out there has it and wants to make my day. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I rated it 3, but should have gone for 2 stars.

sk

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh how I hated this book. I've actually read it twice. Once prior to my introduction to the Dark Tower and once after, to see if it had gotten any better with my knowledge of the DT tie-in. It didn't. My vote is 1, and that's being generous.

Country
    Country Flag

I read it before knowing anything about The Dark Tower.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think I gave it a three. I simply didn't care about anyone in the book. I should've liked the DT stuff but that kind of made it worse. People without prior knowledge of DT were probably perplexed about the Crimson King. I mean, he disappears from the narrative completely and there's no mention of him again. What happened to him, why was he there, what was his angle?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

A solid 4.

First part of the book was a little slow, but it was good once it got going. The connection to The Dark Tower series made me smile and the connection to Pet Semetary made me a little sad. But in kind of a good way.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Really like this book, improves on each re-read for me
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    A solid 4.

First part of the book was a little slow, but it was good once it got going.
    A solid 4.
    Last part of the book was way too fussy, but it was good before the fuss started.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hated it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Hated it.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Oh how I hated this book. I've actually read it twice. Once prior to my introduction to the Dark Tower and once after, to see if it had gotten any better with my knowledge of the DT tie-in. It didn't. My vote is 1, and that's being generous.
    I tried to give it a shot after DT, too. It still didn't impact me at all.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andrew Campbell is on a distinguished road Andrew Campbell's Avatar

Gave it a 4. One of those books that I would read for an extra thirty minutes at night, just to see what would happen next.

Along the Path of the Beam JulesH will become famous soon enough JulesH's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

A 5 from me. I love this book and reading this was what piqued my interest to explore the DT series .
    Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage. Ray Bradbury

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

3.5, but I have not read this book since the weeks after its release, sooooo I don't remember enough about it to be very objective.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Insomnia has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.807692308 or 76.15%. It received a rating of 4 with 10 votes.

Country
    Country Flag

Such a shame, a criminally low rating for a great novel.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Such a shame, a criminally low rating for a great novel.
    I TOTALLY agree with you. This made me have so many emotions.... A true shame. REALLY makes you think about growing old he?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I'm too late to vote. I don't know what you guys saw in this book to love it so much, but I'm on the hated it side of the fence; I probably would have given it a goose egg.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    I don't know what you guys saw in this book to love it so much
    I think it's a beautifully written novel, some of the best writing King has ever done.

+ Reply to Thread