• Doctor Sleep Gift Edition

1 2.08%
  • The Shining Gift Edition

21 43.75%
  • Mister Mercedes Trade 1st edition

26 54.17%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which would be the best book as a Grand Prize this year?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Which would be the best book as a Grand Prize this year?

Non-binding poll. We are now only ~6 weeks away from the Fundraiser closing (5/19/2014).
    Which book do you think would be the most desirable to have King inscribe to you (the winner)?
    I would have more options, but it is unlikely we could acquire a S/L "the Shining", or a S/L "Doctor Sleep" to have King inscribe.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT Gift Edition would be pretty cool!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

As there are no planned signings, Mr Mercedes seems a good choice.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

GE of The Shining?

How's it gonna work this year, Jerome? Is the winner supplying his own book or are we looking for a donation?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    IT Gift Edition would be pretty cool!
    Been done.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr Mercedes trade

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with a US or UK trade Mr. Mercedes.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not that Mr. King ever turns the book around very quickly, but Mr. Mercedes isn't due out until June, right? The HF ends 5/19/14. Unless he is supplying the book I suppose. Hmmmm.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

U.S. Mr. Mercedes 1st is my vote.

I for one would not mind waiting until June were I lucky enough to win.

The book will not be supplied by the winner.

I would assume Doctor Sleep would be donated by CD or by a member of this site, or purchased with funds from the fundraiser.

I would assume The Shining would be donated by SP or by a member of this site, or purchased with funds from the fundraiser.

I would assume Mr. Mercedes would be donated by Scriber or King or CD or by a member of this site, or purchased with funds from the fundraiser.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Mercedes would be a great prize

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't vote. If these are the only three options that we are allowed to send him, then that is understandable. But at the same time, with the exception of Rage (for obvious reasons), I don't see why the winner couldn't provide the book him/herself that they truly want to get signed/inscribed. Not causing dissention here, I just don't see why that wouldn't be an/THE option.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I didn't vote. If these are the only three options that we are allowed to send him, then that is understandable. But at the same time, with the exception of Rage (for obvious reasons), I don't see why the winner couldn't provide the book him/herself that they truly want to get signed/inscribed. Not causing dissention here, I just don't see why that wouldn't be an/THE option.
    Agreed with emphasis on 'greed'

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Firstly, greed is good.

Secondly, greed?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

Firstly, greed is good.

Secondly, greed?
    i think the inference is that this would allow you to make a valuable book even more valuable if you could supply your own...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

Firstly, greed is good.

Secondly, greed?
    i think the inference is that this would allow you to make a valuable book even more valuable if you could supply your own...
    That would be my choice for sure! I would love to get him to inscribe one of my own...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

3 years ago, the book got lost. Fortunately it was a gift edition of FDNS that CD donated, and Chadbourne had remarqued. Cd donated another book, and Chadbourne did another remarque. Had it been something a member had sent in, it might not have been so easily replaced.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    3 years ago, the book got lost. Fortunately it was a gift edition of FDNS that CD donated, and Chadbourne had remarqued. Cd donated another book, and Chadbourne did another remarque. Had it been something a member had sent in, it might not have been so easily replaced.
    Did a picture of the remarque ever get taken? be interesting to see if that book ever turned up on ebay....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did a picture of the remarque ever get taken? be interesting to see if that book ever turned up on ebay....
    I suppose Steve or Marsha might have sold it...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose Steve or Marsha might have sold it...
    Ah it got lost by Steve's office. I assumed it was lost in the post en-route.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book definitely made it to King's office, but somehow got misplaced.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My vote would be for a gift edition of The Shining

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I figured it would be something like that, but I still think the risk is worth the reward.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I figured it would be something like that, but I still think the risk is worth the reward.
    Your 100% right. Most of us have a book in our collections that are near and dear for one reason or another.... and would like that signed. I envy so many here that have had the chance to meet Sai King.... alas I may never get the chance. What about a 1 hour meet and greet with King himself for the top prize? lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Knowing there is a slight chance your book could be lost, what book would you yourself submit?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hypothetically (because I really don't want it to get lost) I would have King sign my Skeleton Crew proof... but only if he used his 1980's signature

Otherwise, my vote goes to a Mr. Mercedes trade 1st/1st hardcover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast