Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Very Cool piece to be Announced!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im on this. Top bid
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the "Haven Fund Whore" or what???
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic result. Looking forward to seeing what this next one is, I'm sure it's going to be spectacular.

Bill, you're a real wind up merchant but it certainly builds anticipation and peaks the interest nerve centre!
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

mY BIDS KEEP GETTING REJECTED.....Others are beating me with higher bid everytime I try.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm the highest bidder! If everyone can now forget that they saw this auction, I'll be a happy man
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK a bit slow typing on this PS4. That is a great item Bill congrats on getting this organised! Clearly this is going to do really well.
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    mY BIDS KEEP GETTING REJECTED.....Others are beating me with higher bid everytime I try.
    Ignore that, it's an ebay bug. You may be bidding against yourself. Refresh and see if you are the highest bidder.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is my finest accomplishment, though a heckuva a lot of credit has to go to, Don Maitz who is a very dedicated supporter of the Haven Fund. All I did was make a comment as an aside, and he ran with it. Many thanks to, Don for this piece and to "Joe315" for donating the book. I hope it does really well. Of course, thanks to all of you members that bid and contribute to the Haven Fund. God Bless you all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    This is my finest accomplishment, though a heckuva a lot of credit has to go to, Don Maitz who is a very dedicated supporter of the Haven Fund. All I did was make a comment as an aside, and he ran with it. Many thanks to, Don for this piece and to "Joe315" for donating the book. I hope it does really well. Of course, thanks to all of you members that bid and contribute to the Haven Fund. God Bless you all.

I've paid my dues
    Time after time.
    I've done my sentence
    But committed no crime.
    And bad mistakes ‒
    I've made a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Ignore that, it's an ebay bug. You may be bidding against yourself. Refresh and see if you are the highest bidder.
    I don't think it it a bug. If I bid $1000 for an item and the current bid shows $500, if someone tries to bid $600, they will automatically be outbid by my bid. Until someone bids over $1000, everyone's bid will be automatically outbid.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

NO it was not a bug... By the time I finished typing a higher bid.... someone else stepped up and had already gone past my bid... GOOD TO SEE Actually.

I am wearing shorts with kind of small pockets.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I've paid my dues
    Time after time.
    I've done my sentence
    But committed no crime.
    And bad mistakes ‒
    I've made a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY
    Thanks for that, RF I have my moments. LOL This is a great auction item, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice one Merlin. This will go through the roof.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Coming from you, that is high prasie indeed. However, most of the compliments should go to, Mr Maitz. He was the driving source and should get the attention.

http://www.paravia.com/DonMaitz/website/index.html

In fact, I am told his wife wrote a very good book as well. A review should be forthcoming.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Until the next one.........
    Spoiler:
    This is a two part "reveal"...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Until the next one.........
    Spoiler:
    This is a two part "reveal"...

Awww, let them digest this one first, RF!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Coming from you, that is high prasie indeed. However, most of the compliments should go to, Mr Maitz. He was the driving source and should get the attention.

In fact, I am told his wife wrote a very good book as well. A review should be forthcoming.
    Yes, I owe Jerome a review!!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For some reason seeing this auction made me think, "I wonder if anybody has a remarqued The Stand S/L". I've never seen one.

Would you let Bernie Wrightson draw in your copy given the opportunity? I'll bet even the very pro-remarque types would have to think hard.

Discuss! (after bidding on this way cool Desperation, of course)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Coming from you, that is high praise indeed. However, most of the compliments should go to, Mr Maitz. He was the driving source and should get the attention.

Very interesting that you should mention Don Maitz's wife Janny Wurts and her book To Ride Hell's Chasm as I was wanting to mention it here also.
    My wife Deanna grabbed the copy I got from Don in Sarasota and did not put it down (or sleep) throughout our flight the next day to AZ or our return red-eye flight home.
    Deanna typically does not read Fantasy however the plot and character development had her visualizing the Princess, the King, his guards, the castle and kingdom vividly as presented through Janny's words.
    She is looking forward to when she has some post vacation time to get back into the story and see where this vibrant tale carries her.

Janny Wurts is the author of eighteen books, twenty nine short stories and is both and artist and writer. Through her combined talents as a writer/illustrator, Janny has immersed herself in a lifelong ambition: to create a seamless interface between words and pictures that will lead reader and viewer into the imagination. Her lavish use of language invites the mind into a crafted realm of experience, with characters and events woven into a complex tapestry, and drawn with an intensity to inspire active fuel for thought. Her research includes a range of direct experience, lending her fantasy a gritty realism, and her scenes involving magic crafted with intricate continuity. A self-taught painter, she draws directly from the imagination, creating scenes in a representational style that blurs the edges between dream and reality. She makes few preliminary sketches, but envisions her characters and the scenes that contain them, then executes the final directly from the initial pencil drawing.

To Ride Hell's Chasm (Borrowed from Good reads): When Princess Anja fails to appear at her betrothal banquet, the tiny, peaceful kingdom of Sessalie is plunged into intrigue. Two warriors are charged with recovering the distraught king's beloved daughter. Taskin, Commander of the Royal Guard, whose icy competence and impressive life-term as the Crown's right-hand man command the kingdom's deep-seated respect; and Mykkael, the rough-hewn newcomer who has won the post of Captain of the Garrison – a scarred veteran with a deadly record of field warfare, whose 'interesting' background and foreign breeding are held in contempt by court society.

I am told David may have some copies of To Ride Hell's Chasm available at Bett's Books

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    For some reason seeing this auction made me think, "I wonder if anybody has a remarqued The Stand S/L". I've never seen one.

Would you let Bernie Wrightson draw in your copy given the opportunity? I'll bet even the very pro-remarque types would have to think hard.

Separate thread discussion (feel free to start the thread). I myself would not have anyone (Wrightson, King, Chadbourne, Merlin1958, Maitz etc.) mark in my S/L "The Stand".
    A gift edition of "Desperation" is not so sacrosanct.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Separate thread discussion (feel free to start the thread). I myself would not have anyone (Wrightson, King, Chadbourne, Merlin1958, Maitz etc.) mark in my S/L "The Stand".
    I agree completely. Putting a remarque in a signed limited Stand would be heresy!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

I agree completely. Putting a remarque in a signed limited Stand would be heresy!

John
    Nevertheless, a cool remarque and a King signature in a "Desperation Gift Edition" is pretty fucking awesome, yes?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

stand limited??? remarq?

that would be when a tip in sheet would be preferred.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So good to see you posting, Terry!! So, did we live up to the hype, folks???
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive item! Thank you to all the parties involved.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast