Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Peter David announces Marvel adaptation of The Drawing of the Three

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The Prisoner #1 is out today.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up the regular cover and the variant. The story was all right. Artwork was really, really good though and the previews for the next issue will have me waiting lined up at the comic shop at opening time.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I read it on Comixology. I liked it a lot, but my standard comic book complaints apply:

1. I tried to buy it at a store, but they didn't have it yet. I didn't feel like coming back tomorrow, so I went digital instead. I missed the first one, so I won't buy any of the others either.
    2. It was way too short. $4 for ten minutes worth of reading isn't a great value proposition. In the past, I've waited for the trade books to come out.

Regardless, I'm super-excited for this. DOTT is my second favorite DT book (after Waste Lands) and I can't wait to meet the Ka-tet in comic form. The art in this book was much better than what we got on some of the Gunslinger series.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I do like that Marvel is releasing these digitally.
    OMFG WHERE DO I START! So I LOVE the book series and when I found out they were gonna make it I to a comic series I thought it was awesome. I've bought every issue from the beginning (my local comic guy knew me pretty we'll towards the end). When I started to get into digital I was sad that marvel pretty much screwed people over by only including partial arcs and leaving out whole entire arcs for other stuff too. So I stuck with the physical books. When I found out they were stopping after the last arc I was both sad and happy. Sad because they ended just at the good part. But glad because my wife wasn't gonna have our room taken over by the comics.

We'll today while waiting for one of the kids to get out of school I was messing around and googled dark tower comic and saw they were starting back up. I swear I squealed like a girl at their favorite boy band concert. Then the dread of how long will this go on and that I have to travel 30 minutes to my closest store set in. We'll I got home and checked comixology real quick and from the looks of it they are caring the story and hopefully will carry all of them. AND it looks like they might of finally included all the back issues that they didn't have back then. Now my biggest dilemma is do I stick with the physical books or say screw it and risk going digital and possibly have them, Marvel, screw up and skip issues.

EDIT: so a quick look on comixology shows they have every issue up until the last arc Man In Black and they are also missing the one shots like sheemies tale I think. Still not sure if I want to trust marvel and comixology that they will carry all the comics or not.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Good read. I'm off to the store to pick up #2.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second arc is THE HOUSE OF CARDS.

#1 cover:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Part 5 of The Prisoner is due out on Christmas Eve.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is now available
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Best issue out of the five in this arc. Both Eddie and Roland look a little too young though.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the collection is paperback only again.

Amazon
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King's Dark Tower: The Drawing of the Three - The Sailor
    Paperback – May 9, 2017

JAKE CHAMBERS RETURNS AS STEPHEN KING'S DARK FANTASY EPIC CONTINUES! Haunted by the specter of a boy he let fall to his death, ROLAND is tortured by despair. But the boy never existed, and Roland's guilt is madness. Or is it? As timelines converge and reality shatters, JAKE CHAMBERS becomes the focus of Roland's quest...and may be the key to the survival of the Ka-tet!

Pre-order here
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone who actually follows this more closely than I do know if the Drawing of the Three storylines are going to be released in their own Omnibus edition? I'd love to read them and if an Omnibus is on the way I'll wait for it instead of getting the smaller collections.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2