Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Horror Movie Tournament - Nominations

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, on the topic of what is and isn't horror:

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...04422040793088
    Horror is when you know and love the characters, but you also know something very bad is going to happen to them. It's not the monsters!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    By the way, on the topic of what is and isn't horror:

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...04422040793088
    Horror is when you know and love the characters, but you also know something very bad is going to happen to them. It's not the monsters!
    it's also tragedy, drama etc

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh fuck I just realized we failed to nominate this:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That was going to be one of my first nominations, but then I figured it'd have no chance and I didn't want to see it do so poorly.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was sure it was nominated! what a shame

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That was going to be one of my first nominations, but then I figured it'd have no chance and I didn't want to see it do so poorly.
    What do you mean I WAS going to be your first nomination?

"HOIST WITH YOUR OWN PETARD"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The final bracket has been posted!

Thanks to everyone that's played thus far!

Country
    Country Flag

bears are always happy to play!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am very surprised that nobody has yet nominated this one...

FIGHT CLUB (1999)

Country
    Country Flag

Not a horror film. And also, way too late

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a horror film. And also, way too late
    You are VERY much mistaken. Fight Club is very much a horror film as it is a postmodern rethink of Psycho.

Still doubt me? Then check out the following official review from Empire magazine, as they categorically state that Fight Club is a horror movie:

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/...asp?FID=132789

In addition, it should be noted that In 2004 and 2006, Fight Club was voted by Empire readers as the ninth and eighth greatest film of all time, respectively.

Fight Club is undeniably a masterpiece of film making and one of the greatest horror movies of all time. To omit this movie from the voting list would be a travesty of justice, and would leave the final results of the poll redundant, as it can be likened to leaving out The Shining, Halloween or Jaws in terms of cinematic importance.

In view of the how great Fight Club is as a movie and in light of its cultural and cinematic significance, I would ask that this movie is granted an automatic bye to the next round so that it can be included properly in the poll and take its rightful place within the very top echelons of the horror genre.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Yea… no. It’s not a horror film.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    In view of the how great Fight Club is as a movie and in light of its cultural and cinematic significance, I would ask that this movie is granted an automatic bye to the next round so that it can be included properly in the poll and take its rightful place within the very top echelons of the horror genre.
    ... u wot m8.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Fight Club is classified as psychological horror in the same vain as Psycho. It's certainly more a horror film than that utter shit Mummy trilogy I see got included in the poll. I mean WTF!!! The Mummy is a kid's action / adventure film!!!!

And it's UTTER SHIT to boot!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Fight Club is classified as psychological horror in the same vain as Psycho. It's certainly more a horror film than that utter shit Mummy trilogy I see got included in the poll. I mean WTF!!! The Mummy is a kid's action / adventure film!!!!

And it's UTTER SHIT to boot!!!
    I agree with you about The Mummy trilogy but it’s a major stretch to compare Fight Club to Psycho. Sure they both have characters with some sort of dual personalities but that alone doesn’t make it a horror movie.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you about The Mummy trilogy but it’s a major stretch to compare Fight Club to Psycho. Sure they both have characters with some sort of dual personalities but that alone doesn’t make it a horror movie.
    It's actually more to it than that. Read the official Empire magazine review and you'll see that there are many elements in Fight Club that make it a horror film.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Geeze, y'all are carrying on like a couple of dweebs debating the merits of the Designated Hitter!

It's actually more to it than that. Read the official Empire magazine review and you'll see that there are many elements in Fight Club that make it a horror film.

I did. Still not horror.

I did. Still not horror.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Geeze, y'all are carrying on like a couple of dweebs debating the merits of the Designated Hitter!

Pfft. What sort of dweeb would do that?

Country
    Country Flag

A little while after we're done with this tournament we totally should do the same for sci-fi movies

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My thoughts exactly!

sk

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

"THEIR NEXT!"?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

sk
    I could nominate 128 films right now

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A little while after we're done with this tournament we totally should do the same for sci-fi movies
    YES

YES

YES

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast