Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Horror Movie Tournament - Nominations

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, there's quite a few movies nominated that I wouldn't classify as horror as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think The Sixth Sense is a fantastic movie; 5 stars; but it didn't seem like a "horror movie" so I didn't recommend it. Maybe I should have?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

loved it too; didn't think it was a horror movie either

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What constitutes "horror" may differ from person to person.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    55. The Exorcist
    HELLO..... Wake up and smell the roses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Exorcist has already been nominated
    I did a search for it using cntl-f instead of actually reading the list. I must have spelled it wrong when I searched. I was wondering why/how that hadn't been nominated yet.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mario Bava's Black Sabbath -1964

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sixth Sense should be on that list...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Definitely!

sk

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I always thought that was more of a psychological thriller than a horror movie. But it's a fine line.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Here's the list so far:

1. The Shining
    2. The Exorcist
    3. El Orfanato (The Orphanage)
    4. La Maschera del Demonio / Black Sunday (1960)
    5. The Others
    6. Halloween
    7. House of 1000 Corpses
    8. Dracula / Horror of Dracula
    9. Psycho
    10. Rosemary's Baby
    11. The Omen (1976)
    12.The Wicker Man (1973)
    13. Alien
    14. Pontypool
    15. Nightmare on Elm St. (1984)
    16. A Tale of Two Sisters
    17. The Bad Seed (1956)
    18. The Conjuring
    19. Frailty
    20. Absentia
    21. Jacob's Ladder
    22. Ils (Them) 2006
    23. Evil Dead 2
    24. Jaws
    25. Who Can Kill A Child
    26. The Evil Dead
    27. Scream
    28. Phantoms
    29. Carnival of Souls
    30. The Haunting (1963)
    31. Session 9
    32. Stir of Echoes
    33. Night of the Living Dead 1968
    34. Phantasm
    35. The Mothman Prophecies
    36. Escalofrio
    37. Friday the 13th
    38. Zombi 2 aka Zombie (1979)
    39. Event Horizon
    40. Dark Corners
    41. The Changeling
    42. Pet Semetary
    43. Let The Right One In
    44. Frankenstein (1931)
    45. Two Eyes Staring (Zwart water)
    46. The Thing
    47. Carrie
    48. The Ring
    49. Fragile
    50. The Thing From Another World (1951)
    51. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
    52. 28 Days Later
    53. 1408
    54. HENRY Portrait of a serial killer (1986)
    55. The Devil's Backbone
    56. The Shining (TV Movie)
    57. Poltergeist
    58. The Fly (1986)
    59. The Uninvited (1944)
    60. The House on the Haunted Hill
    61. The Silence Of The Lambs
    62. Ju-on
    63. Audition
    65. Freaks
    66. Re-Animator
    67. Nosferatu (1922)
    68. Mimic
    69. Bay of Blood (1971)
    70. Onibaba
    71. American Gothic (1988 film)
    72. The Descent
    73. The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
    74. 2000 Maniacs
    75. Los Condenados
    76. In Fear
    77. Black Sabbath (1964)

Webstar, was that a nomination for In Fear? Also does anyone want to officially nominate The Sixth Sense?

Since we've gone over the 72, I've decided to open it up to a total of 84, but then I'm going to cut it off. I think that'll give us more than enough films to vote on. And it'll give us an even number to separate them into brackets for the next round.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

This one Is for Jean... Wikipedia & IMDB both list it as a HORROR film.
    78. REPULSION 1965

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There seems to be some positivity, so I'll officially nominate The Sixth Sense.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    This one Is for Jean... Wikipedia & IMDB both list it as a HORROR film.
    78. REPULSION 1965
    in 2010 Rotten Tomatoes listed it as the best horror film of all times
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides...r_movies_2010/

so be it!

are we still nominating???

80. Aparecidos

Country
    Country Flag

No Dario Argento yet? Inexcusable!

sk

O.K. lets try this one for size...."HORROR -COMEDY"
    82. Bud Abbott & Lou Costello meet Frankenstein 1948

And what happened to my #63 nomination PROFONDO ROSSO/ DEEP RED?

Oops sorry, I think I got messed up on the numbering. We'll add it, no worries. Its number 83.

That leaves only one more film to be nominated. I'll post the final list when I get home later tonight.

THANK YOU

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

84. Cold Fish

Country
    Country Flag

so, are the nominations officially closed? someone has to say it, or we'll go on indefinitely

Yes, nominations are now officially closed. I'll post the final list later, and then I'll randomly put them into groups for us to begin voting

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd call Six Sense a horror, it's just not a horror in typical ways. There are definitely some creepy sequences in it, such as when he's locked in that little cupboard etc. It's more drama than horror story wise but the atmosphere (which is most of what makes a horror a horror) is very creepy in numerous parts.

I can't remember if I downloaded Repulsion to watch when I downloaded dozens of horror films to watch. I almost wish I'd have watched The Innocents (1961 I believe) which is based of Turn of the Screw as from all account that I read it's one of the most beautifully filmed horror movies ever, and since Turn of the Screw is creepier to me than almost anything King wrote I am sure it's a quality film.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Did not make the list or it's prequel.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost nominated it without having seen it, but would have watched it immediately after and probably have felt vindicated in doing so lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm surprised Jean didn't nominate Repulsion...
    I am not sure it's a horror movie. I don't think I would have nominated Rosemary's Baby, either.
    Google "Best horror films of all time" and I guarantee you Rosemary's Baby will be on every single list. It will probably be top 5 on every list too.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

I should have nominated The Innocents. I meant to, but then the spots all filled up quick. Matt watch it, you'll love it. It's a great little film.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast