3 11.54%

0 0%

1 3.85%

1 3.85%

0 0%
  • Never read

3 11.54%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #2: The Dead Zone (1979)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #2: The Dead Zone (1979)

The Dead Zone, 1979

Please vote for The Dead Zone using the following scale:

• Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Ahh. The Dead Zone.

5. All.the.way.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's better than 'Salem's Lot, to which I gave 4.5, but it's the first King I've ever read, so it's very special to bears

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This bracket is filled with tons of books I haven't read
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm starting to wonder about how I am grading each choice. My initial reaction was to compare each against my favourites. I.e. those that I would give a full 5 without hesitation. I really like this book, but not as much as I liked, say The Long Walk, therefore I give it a lower score. Are others doing it this way? TBH I cant see myself giving any SK book lower than a 3, I love them all. The majority are going to be shades of grey between 4 and 5 for me.

it's crazy I know, but I would feel much happier if the scoring was 4, 4.2, 4.4, 4.6, 4.8 and 5!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I'm starting to wonder about how I am grading each choice. My initial reaction was to compare each against my favourites. I.e. those that I would give a full 5 without hesitation. I really like this book, but not as much as I liked, say The Long Walk, therefore I give it a lower score. Are others doing it this way?
    No. I did it with 'Salem's Lot - didn't give it a 5 because there were even greater books - and wish I'd done everything differently. Now I am only going by my immediate reaction to a book, with no reference to others. I am going to give a 5 to a lot of books that are not in my top 5.

I only wish I could re-vote on 'SL...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought this was a really great book. I think I actually liked it a little better than Salem's... it is too bad there is not the "following" the Lot has with this really good book
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

webstar - is it the first book so far that you rated 5?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I'm starting to wonder about how I am grading each choice. My initial reaction was to compare each against my favourites. I.e. those that I would give a full 5 without hesitation. I really like this book, but not as much as I liked, say The Long Walk, therefore I give it a lower score. Are others doing it this way?
    No. I did it with 'Salem's Lot - didn't give it a 5 because there were even greater books - and wish I'd done everything differently. Now I am only going by my immediate reaction to a book, with no reference to others. I am going to give a 5 to a lot of books that are not in my top 5.

I only wish I could re-vote on 'SL...
    That's how I'm voting, initial reaction. I don't compare. Good, bad, or indifferent, it's the way I am doing it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    webstar - is it the first book so far that you rated 5?
    No I think the Stand too.... To be truthful.. my favorites (5's) are a few days away
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

This is one of SK's books that I've read many times.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually sweet and tearjerking-while still reflecting a persons desire for political change (even if by assassination).

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I rank this one low because it didnt make much of an impact on me. I remember very little of it. It is one that I could read again....for the first time. Maybe then I would have a greater appreciation for it.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

4.5, really enjoyed this one.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    4.5, really enjoyed this one.
    Ditto this.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cannot believe we have votes of 1 and 2 for this novel! Let's get a few more 5s and 4s!

Country
    Country Flag

hear, hear!

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The Dead Zone has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.978260870 or 79.57%. It received a rating of 5/4.5 with 6 votes.

+ Reply to Thread