Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: March into Madness: 2014 Dark Tower NCAA Tournament Challenge

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had VCU going to the Sweet Sixteen. Ouch!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This guy still has a perfect bracket - https://tournament.fantasysports.yah...racket/2030973

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

GO GATORS!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm doing ok; up near the top. Still have all of my Elite 8 still kicking. My final 4 is comprised of 1,1,4,8 seeds, so my bracket depends on that 8 seed to keep winning for at least 2, preferably 3 more games. Otherwise, it's crash and burn, baby!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to do the math but I believe I am out. Good luck everyone.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Not if Zona wins, right? You and gersto are the only ones who picked them....I think anyone who picks the eventual winner is mathematically still in it, especially if you're elite (like me - the only one who picked Michigan).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FUCKING STANFORD!!!!

You see that smoke way off in the distance? That's my brackets burning!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    BTW I have a message for Andrew Wiggins, STAY IN SCHOOL!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe so. We have a few differences in our brackets so maybe there is still a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Not if Zona wins, right? You and gersto are the only ones who picked them....I think anyone who picks the eventual winner is mathematically still in it, especially if you're elite (like me - the only one who picked Michigan).

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The team full of slaves is sure to win and the executives in and around this tournament will get richer and richer while 90% of the people playing in the tournament will be cast aside in the next four years, never to be cared about again. I'll watch March Madness when they stop running an athletic cannery.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The team full of slaves is sure to win and the executives in and around this tournament will get richer and richer while 90% of the people playing in the tournament will be cast aside in the next four years, never to be cared about again. I'll watch March Madness when they stop running an athletic cannery.
    Jeesh, you're a bigger buzz kill than, Stanford!! Where did that come from? LOL Someone needs a nap!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can agree with just a small bit of what you say but the athletes do receive a free education if they are willing. The shame is that many of these basketball players do not take the opportunities provided to them. They are only slaves to the prison they create for themselves.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I didn't do brackets, so until I saw the news I didn't even realize my old school was in it.
    Axe 'em, Jacks!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Well, I didn't do brackets, so until I saw the news I didn't even realize my old school was in it.
    Axe 'em, Jacks!
    Typical, Boston fan, out before he is in!!! LOL "Losing is a disease..." Anyone recognize the abbreviated quote?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't understand that post at all. SFA is still in it. At least for the next couple of hours.
    Boston has nothing to do with it. Nor do I see how does The Natural.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I don't understand that post at all. SFA is still in it. At least for the next couple of hours.
    Boston has nothing to do with it. Nor do I see how does The Natural.
    A failed attempt at a little Boston/NYC humor I suppose. My bad.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Michigan is still in it.....and that means I'm still in it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrong forum to be discussing politics.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still in it with Michigan State. I'm the only one who picked them, so all of my hopes rest on them.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I can agree with just a small bit of what you say but the athletes do receive a free education if they are willing. The shame is that many of these basketball players do not take the opportunities provided to them. They are only slaves to the prison they create for themselves.

I agree with Ben staad - they are amateur athletes, plain and simple. I had to pay for my college, living expenses, food, etc. they pay for literally nothing. I would know, two of my best friends played for Xavier University - the 17th most valuable program in the US.

If they think they are good enough to make it to the NBA and get paid, then by all means leave after one year. But if you don't make it don't whine about not being able to get a good job. You had the chance for a college degree through sports and blew it.

Country
    Country Flag

I just want Louisville to lose.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is perhaps the worst set of brackets I have picked in a long time!! How depressing. I can't even win a "Worst Bracket" trophy. If one of you bastards wins the Grand Prize with the entries I donated I will be shooting myself in the head!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great tournament so far and awesome games. I think I still have an outside chance to win this thing. AZ needs to win it all and Florida needs to get to the Finals.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My gun is loaded and ready. Go ahead, win the Grand Prize, I dare you!! LOL You'll have my blood on your hands!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    You know, after all the years I have been doing this I should have just bought myself a trophy and lied my ass off!! It would have been cheaper!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

LMAO, Merlin. Desperation will lead to a trophy.

Someday.

Go MICHIGAN!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With Iowa State's loss there is no possibility of me winning even though I am currently sitting in second. That sucks. Oh well. I am cheering for Florida and Kentucky and hoping for a possible second place finish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast