Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep movie set for 2019

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Looking forward to it. Loved the book, more than The Shining. Don't shoot me.
    Anyone got a gun emoji? Lol

I really like the book as well. It balances out the universe because Kris hated it and I didn't care for Brother
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shocked everyone loved this move. I couldn’t wait for it to end just like the book. 4/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As I said in another thread it had me with the first four notes.

Yeah, I noticed some of the Easter eggs in it. There are some other things happening if one pays attention. But...

There was one minor scene where I felt my plush stadium theater seat fall out from under me. I simply began observing the scene and no longer listening to the dialog. I was thinking, "WTF? I've been here before. I KNOW I've been here before."

That is what made the movie for me.

And I'm not doing a spoiler.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw it today and enjoyed it. Some great scenes, very good acting. Shot beautifully. Everyone should definitely go see it!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really enjoyed the movie, and that's saying a lot since I wasn't a fan of the book at all. I loved how they took a lot of nods from the film version of The Shining and incorporated it into this film. I went to see it with my boyfriend who's only seen The Shining, and hasn't read either book and he really enjoyed it as well. He thought it was a good sequel to the movie, so I do think it was a good choice to merge the two together. There is one thing I wish they had incorporated into the movie but overall I thought Flanagan did a great job with it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really want to see it but still haven't read the book. I wanted to re-read The Shining before diving into Doctor Sleep, so the commitment of the two long-ish books (with all the other books on my to-read list) is what keeps bumping it back down the list.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sad to hear it's not doing too well. Mike Flanagan is a great director; hope he can still get big projects.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm sad to hear it's not doing too well. Mike Flanagan is a great director; hope he can still get big projects.
    They probably should have opened more in time for Halloween, no? Its gotten good reviews from what I have seen. Go figure, right? Seems to me it was a strange opening for a Horror film after Halloween when ur going right into the Xmas season which, I would think is not a prime time for Horror films. Then again there is a reason why I'm not a big shot movie producer!!! lol lol

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ironically The Shining wasn't a box office success either. This movie will still be destined to become a cult classic regardless

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Ironically The Shining wasn't a box office success either. This movie will still be destined to become a cult classic regardless
    Cult classic? This movie was no where near the Shinning in any way. The only scene that gave me chills was the drive to the Overlook with the music playing. This movie could have been on Netflix and probably should of. Much like Gerald’s Game. It was ok but no classic... just my opinion of course.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Cult classic? This movie was no where near the Shinning in any way. The only scene that gave me chills was the drive to the Overlook with the music playing. This movie could have been on Netflix and probably should of. Much like Gerald’s Game. It was ok but no classic... just my opinion of course.

The guy who actively hates on both movie and book disagreeing, shocking. Yeah, yeah, we get it. You really hated it

Country
    Country Flag

The guy who actively hates on both movie and book disagreeing, shocking. Yeah, yeah, we get it. You really hated it
    No I didn’t hate it. I didn’t like it either. I found it too long and I’m sorry I don’t agree with you.... no need to get your panties in a bunch. Haha

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No I didn’t hate it. I didn’t like it either. I found it too long and I’m sorry I don’t agree with you.... no need to get your panties in a bunch. Haha

Boy is my face red

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    They probably should have opened more in time for Halloween, no? Its gotten good reviews from what I have seen. Go figure, right? Seems to me it was a strange opening for a Horror film after Halloween when ur going right into the Xmas season which, I would think is not a prime time for Horror films. Then again there is a reason why I'm not a big shot movie producer!!! lol lol
    Yeah admittedly even as a sequel to the Shining it doesn't scream 'box office success'. That and it's largely been advertised as a sequel to an almost forty year old film (that isn't part of a franchise), classic or not.

I still think Flanagan should have remade The Shining (he has the talent) and then did this. Kubrick's film isn't some sacred cow.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...I still think Flanagan should have remade The Shining...
    IMHO, in some small way he did.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the movie. I thought the actress for Rose was great. The imagery on the scenes taking place in the character's minds were amazing (particularly the entire scene with Rose searching for Abra and falling in her trap.)

Unfortunately, there was hardly anyone in the theater with us and the box office numbers show this happened everywhere. It's no wonder Hollywood only wants to make superhero movies now. (Funny but this is actually more of a superhero tale than a horror movie when you think about it: individuals with special powers fighting it out with half the action on the astral plane.)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

First time I've seen this detail: Warners was so keen on Doctor Sleep that movie studio chief Toby Emmerich had already struck a deal with director Mike Flanagan and his Intrepid Pictures to script a sequel whose working title is Hallorann, drawn from the character who appears in both The Shining and Doctor Sleep.

>>> Source

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yeah admittedly even as a sequel to the Shining it doesn't scream 'box office success'. That and it's largely been advertised as a sequel to an almost forty year old film (that isn't part of a franchise), classic or not.

I still think Flanagan should have remade The Shining (he has the talent) and then did this. Kubrick's film isn't some sacred cow.
    He probably should give it a go. Personally, I think, Kubrik's film is a piece of shit. IMHO he murdered a classic horror novel and I just don't get the folks that claim it's a "Masterpiece of Horror film making". Though, I would suppose that the folks that never read the book see it in a whole other way than those that have read it. With apologies to, Webstar I feel that, Kubrik's film isn't even worthy of Netflix however maybe that's a bit harsh. Netflix carries some God awful films in my opinion. Let me stress that these thoughts are just my opinions.

Flanagan, seems to be a really good film maker in the horror genre and will probably get better with time. Why not do another version of "The Shining" so that they can "Update the source material for a new generation" like they seem to be doing with every decent film they can get their hands on these days!!! lol lol He likely couldn't do any worse than, Kubrik did. Or perhaps, the guy who did "IT" could take a shot. He seems very capable.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    First time I've seen this detail: Warners was so keen on Doctor Sleep that movie studio chief Toby Emmerich had already struck a deal with director Mike Flanagan and his Intrepid Pictures to script a sequel whose working title is Hallorann, drawn from the character who appears in both The Shining and Doctor Sleep.
    Well, Halloran did say in the Doctor Sleep movie, "Ka is a wheel."

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He also said to him the Overlook's ghosts were just pictures. So where is the action in that. It would have to be some origin story where he used his telepathy before going to the Overlook.

Anyway, it isn't going to happen with these box office numbers.

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw it. I liked it as much as I figured I would given the source material; it didn't blow me away like some of other Flanagan's material but to be fair the book didn't either.

I've said my views on the Kubrick fanservice a few times now and it hasn't changed but they made it work as well as it could.

Ewan McGregor was a fine Danny but Rebecca Ferguson stole the show.

Regarding the ending...

Spoiler:
    In theory I like the idea of reintroducing the book's ending but in execution it was just rushed. Even in the Kubrick film where Jack was a few screws loose it took the entire film for him to go crazy.

Here Danny who is for all intents fairly well-adjusted, in complete control of his mental facilities and even able to resist the temptation of the hotel's booze just needs to be touched by the ghosts for him to go full "Heeere's Johnny".

My Collection

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the ending...

Spoiler:
    In theory I like the idea of reintroducing the book's ending but in execution it was just rushed. Even in the Kubrick film where Jack was a few screws loose it took the entire film for him to go crazy.

Here Danny who is for all intents fairly well-adjusted, in complete control of his mental facilities and even able to resist the temptation of the hotel's booze just needs to be touched by the ghosts for him to go full "Heeere's Johnny".
    Here’s my take on it:
    Spoiler:
    Having opened all his mind boxes, all ghosts were there and came for him at once. He was overwhelmed and possessed quickly by the Overlook. In the case of his father, it was a more gradual process as the Overlook and it’s residents took their time with him. Also factor in the fact the ghosts had been trapped for a long while and were starving, and Danny (having a stronger shine than his father) was more vulnerable in some ways, although that power also enabled him to fight back better in others.

I saw the film last Sunday and enjoyed it a lot.
    Spoiler:
    I thought they could have done more with the True Knot folk, although Rose the Hat was fantastic, and The Crow and Snakebite... thingy had their moments. Also kind of wish they’d shown Danny’s father in a more sympathetic light, like they did at the end of both novels, rather than just another evil resident of the hotel, but considering how the film version of the Shining ended, it makes sense.

Overall, I really thought it was great! It’s a shame it didn’t do so well in the box-office. I liked it better than It Chapter 2, and that was pretty good. I didn’t find it particularly scary, but I didn’t think it was really about that. A couple of the hospice scenes made me feel rather emotional, in a good way, and there was one scene that horrified me.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t mean horrified in the scared sense, I mean more in the shocked and disturbed way.
    If you have seen the film, or read the book, you’ll likely know the scene I mean.
    Spoiler:
    To be fair it’s not overtly gory or gratuitous, but I kind of wish it wasn’t there, yet accept it is required to emphasise the depth of evil the True Knot is guilty of.
    Job done, I guess, but... that was awful. And it was meant to be.

Hoping the films popularity picks up.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw it and loved it. One of the best King adaptations done IMHO. I would delve more into it but don’t wanna ruin it for others.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rose and I just finished the movie. I gave it a 3/5. I haven't read the book, so I have a question.

Spoiler:
    Throughout the movie, Abra is shown multiple times to be stronger than Rose the Hat, so why were her and Danny so worried about her at the climax?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast