Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched this series and was very impressed. The writing, directing and performing were all top notch. I noticed that the director, Cary Fukunaga, who directed all 8 episodes, is also directing the upcoming It 2-film remake. I wonder if he's a King fan seeing as the killer in TD was essentially
    Spoiler:
    The Lawnmower Man.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I just watched this series and was very impressed. The writing, directing and performing were all top notch. I noticed that the director, Cary Fukunaga, who directed all 8 episodes, is also directing the upcoming It 2-film remake. I wonder if he's a King fan seeing as the killer in TD was essentially
    Spoiler:
    The Lawnmower Man.

? I admit to being a bit fuzzy and my memory is not well at all, but wasn't the "Lawnmower Man" actually a satyr? I know the movie, a bad one, had little to do with the original short story or, perhaps I am missing something obvious. I've been known to do that. Please set me straight. I just do not get the reference. I apologize in advance.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Spoiler:
    The Lawnmower Man.

? I admit to being a bit fuzzy and my memory is not well at all, but wasn't the "Lawnmower Man" actually a satyr? I know the movie, a bad one, had little to do with the original short story or, perhaps I am missing something obvious. I've been known to do that. Please set me straight. I just do not get the reference. I apologize in advance.

You're overcomplicating the reference. The guy in TD cut grass (lawnmower man).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    The Lawnmower Man.

You're overcomplicating the reference. The guy in TD cut grass (lawnmower man).

What an ass!! Here I am looking for the "Deeper meaning" as the show seems to dictate!! So very sorry for that mis-step!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What an ass!! Here I am looking for the "Deeper meaning" as the show seems to dictate!! So very sorry for that mis-step!! LOL
    Not a problem.

BTW, Sorry I didn't get back to your PM, I got caught up in looking through YouTube clips of CTS. I was trying to find something to send to you but hours got away from me.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get the reference either but backing up a bit it makes sense.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Blah. I do not care for Colin Farrell at all.

http://theweek.com/article/index/264...-second-season

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Me, neither, although he has his moments.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I will be surprised however the announced leads sound very uninteresting.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...tive/16106383/

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I almost feel like posting in the "displeased and bothered" thread about this. Seriously? Those two? Sure, they may surprise us all, but I'll be going into this with deep reservations.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A high bar was set with season one and I feel that both Vaughn and Farrell are both one dimensional actors. I hope they prove me wrong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I can see Farrell pulling it off but Vaughn gives off such a douchy vibe, I don't think I'll stick around.

1-dimensional gives them more credit than I would!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So this season it’s a comedy?
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    So this season it’s a comedy?
    lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah... not too crazy about the casting either. I have faith in the writers though so I'll give them the benefit of a doubt. This is going to be an uphill battle for me tho.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

First the plagiarism kerfluffle, then this sub-par casting in season 2. Is this show ready to jump the shark already?

Is Pizzolatto a hack?

I guess we'll find out
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    First the plagiarism kerfluffle, then this sub-par casting in season 2. Is this show ready to jump the shark already?

Is Pizzolatto a hack?

I guess we'll find out
    FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Was it really plagiarism or did they pay Ligotti before they made the show? Honest question.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Pizzolatto was very adamant that everything on there was all his original work. I don't know how true or untrue that is, but he was defending his stance vigorously...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Was it really plagiarism or did they pay Ligotti before they made the show? Honest question.
    Supposedly they didn't pay or acknowledge Ligotti with the exception of one interview in which Pizzolatto's feet were held to the fire on it by a reporter well versed in weird fiction.

Also there were sections almost directly quoted within Rust Cohle's dialogue from a nonfiction work by Ligotti called The Conspiracy Against the Human Race

I dunno about the plagiarism charge, but I loved the show and the show led me to Ligotti, who I am beginning to read so I think it is a win/win, LOL

Here is a link to a Ligotti website run by one of the accusers. Definite biased slant towards "Pizzolatto is a Plagiarist!" movement in this mammoth thread but it has links to multiple articles about the situation.

http://www.ligotti.net/showthread.php?t=8770
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Pizzolatto was very adamant that everything on there was all his original work. I don't know how true or untrue that is, but he was defending his stance vigorously...
    The reason for that could be that True Detective is a cash cow now and the HBO suits and lawyers are forcing him to tow that party line.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Came across this. Very interesting read...

The problem with saying True Detective was "plagiarized".

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel McAdams rumored. Man, their budget for casting must be fucking huge, lol

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of the best HBO shows ever.

"Time is like a flat circle". Sounds like ka.

I'm hopeful (and a little worried) about season 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast