Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Only one episode left. It's going to be bitter sweet. I hate the fact that we won't see these characters again. This show has gotten better each week.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Only one episode left. It's going to be bitter sweet. I hate the fact that we won't see these characters again. This show has gotten better each week.
    Pretty sure the marketed a season finale and not a series finale, but I'm with you.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

She was actually very nice and did a great job on the film, Bereavement. It's been fun to watch her career since then, but it would weird me out to see her naked. I've watched the other episodes and True Detective is definitely awesome. I also agree that it seems to 'grow' as a show, with the characters developing more with each episode. I don't know about the production/writing team, but it feels like they're getting more confidence as the season goes on.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Pretty sure the marketed a season finale and not a series finale, but I'm with you.
    Each season will feature different characters.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Love. This. Show.

I haven't been excited in a WHILE about seeing a show's next episode week-to-week.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Just one last one to go -- I think Marty's father-in-law is going to play into this somehow.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Love. This. Show.

I haven't been excited in a WHILE about seeing a show's next episode week-to-week.
    Agreed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched all of the episodes in the last 48 hours. Its an awesome show but that was a lot of darkness in a short time. I don't know what exactly to expect in the last episode but I am not sure we will get all of the answers. They may just hint at who the Yellow King is but not actually reveal him.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What I am getting, from what I have read so far, is that the show is designed to be a sort of "Seasonal/short stories/novella's" in which a thematic string, likely the "Yellow King" plays a part throughout. A very intriguing and investing aspect of the show. As I understand it, Harrelson and McConnahy will be done after this season and new characters will be revealed in subsequent seasons. A very nice twist/plot ploy IMHO.

Then again, I am prone to being "Confused"!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What I am getting, from what I have read so far, is that the show is designed to be a sort of "Seasonal/short stories/novella's" in which a thematic string, likely the "Yellow King" plays a part throughout. A very intriguing and investing aspect of the show. As I understand it, Harrelson and McConnahy will be done after this season and new characters will be revealed in subsequent seasons. A very nice twist/plot ploy IMHO.

Then again, I am prone to being "Confused"!! LOL
    Exactly. Think American Horror Story when you think of True Detective. I hadn't heard about the Yellow King being a story thread that could tie all the seasons together. That would be cool though.

I can say this, there will be a line of A-List actors chomping at the bit to get on season 2 of this show. Guaranteed.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well its done. I can't say it was a perfect ending but there were definitely parts I liked. The chase through the ruins was intense and creepy. It was well done. The ending for Rust was great. Somehow in all this he went from a pessimist to an optimist. The negatives for me including not getting to see the fall of the others that were obviously involved and that they had to throw incest in there. Is having a backwoods cult that kidnaps, rapes, and kills not creepy enough? Anyway, it was a great season and will be hard to top.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone wanna make flowers?

Very good ending.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great show... well done. Ending was good but I think Rust should not have made it out...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think Rust had to make it out so he could have his epiphany. That was what the show was about, as much as anything.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the ending. I knew it wasn't going to tie everything up and I knew they weren't going to bring down some entire ring of evil doers. I think it was a fitting ending. A very solid show. I'm looking forward to seeing what new story and characters they come up with for season two.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the ending. I knew it wasn't going to tie everything up and I knew they weren't going to bring down some entire ring of evil doers. I think it was a fitting ending. A very solid show. I'm looking forward to seeing what new story and characters they come up with for season two.
    Agreed. I am also going on record as predicting that either through the story line or cameo's these two characters will make an appearance of some kind down the road.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I loved the ending. Carcosa was creepy as shit. "Take off your mask."

Also, I have asked my sister to make me a creepy tree sculpture for my birthday. I want to put it in the frot yard and creep out all the neighbors...

Edit: I may have overused creepy in this post. Hahaha
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Wasn't that lair creepy? What amazing (creepy) set design.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, that reminds me, what are your thoughts about the structure of the lair (Carcosa)? It's obviously an abandoned building of some sort that hasn't been used in quite some time. Nature has taken over and concealed most of the attributes of the building, but I kind of noticed that it looked like a castle. Any idea why there would be a castle-like structure in that part of the country?

It was an old pre-Civil War fort in reality.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    It was an old pre-Civil War fort in reality.
    That's what I got, though the exact dialogue escapes me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched the entire series this past week and loved it. The dialogue was great and both leads did an amazing job. I think the set for the finale was a bit over done but it did lend itself to the crazy killer. The making flowers (and storytime) bit and the put on accent were successful in creeping me the hell out.

I do have a tough time buying the fact that a family was into all aspects of this and still hold high positions of authority. Abuse, Santerķa, killings, incest, pornography, sacrifices, and all the subsequent cover-ups. You would imagine that a family performing such vial acts would struggle to portray normalcy in everyday life.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I do have a tough time buying the fact that a family was into all aspects of this and still hold high positions of authority. Abuse, Santerķa, killings, incest, pornography, sacrifices, and all the subsequent cover-ups. You would imagine that a family performing such vial acts would struggle to portray normalcy in everyday life.
    Agreed. I think that's one of my problems with the finale. I kind of wanted Rust and Marty to go after these high profile types. I think that could have been really interesting.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm happy with the ending but didn't really buy into the wrap up. It was still an amazing show with great writing and awesome acting but I just didn't like how it wrapped up. If you look beyond that the show could have been solely about Rust finding himself and finally confronting his demons and emotions. If that was the case they did an excellent job of showing that.

Agreed. I think that's one of my problems with the finale. I kind of wanted Rust and Marty to go after these high profile types. I think that could have been really interesting.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nickelwise is on a distinguished road

It's out on Blu Ray and DVD today. Amazon has the Blu Ray for $30 and the DVD for $25.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast