Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which should be higher on the list?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It, by Stephen King

15 48.39%
  • The Dark Tower, by Stephen King

16 51.61%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Final - Round 6: It vs. The Dark Tower

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I started reading King because of IT.... but I do not feel a connection to the characters in IT like I do in the Dark Tower.... I am sorry but IT is a great book but is no where near the Dark Tower.... I can't even remember all the characters in IT other than Bev and Richie.... (of course Pennywise)... But I remember the Ka-tet VERY well.... DT all the WAY!!!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I always thought King was known for both The Stand and It. Those are his big two that you always hear people talking about. Maybe I'm wrong but I would bet that aside from here there are many King fans that have not even read The Dark Tower books. I always wonder if you took a poll of your average King fan where The Dark Tower would rank.
    You do have a point. I know that I was reading SK for a long time before I decided to read The Dark Tower books. I didn't associate him with TDT. I associated him with his more well known stories. Even though I had been reading his books for at least 10 years, TDT was unknown territory for me.
    But, once I read The Dark Tower, it affected me unlike anything I had ever read.
    (To be fair though, the ka-tet probably altered any future chance I may have had with having a healthy relationship with a fictional group of characters. This is my doom) Because, after TDT, nothing compared to the attachment I had to Roland, Jake, Eddie, etc.
    But, I'm assuming that IT is that way for you?
    I must AGREE with you as well
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I always thought King was known for both The Stand and It. Those are his big two that you always hear people talking about. Maybe I'm wrong but I would bet that aside from here there are many King fans that have not even read The Dark Tower books. I always wonder if you took a poll of your average King fan where The Dark Tower would rank.
    You do have a point. I know that I was reading SK for a long time before I decided to read The Dark Tower books. I didn't associate him with TDT. I associated him with his more well known stories. Even though I had been reading his books for at least 10 years, TDT was unknown territory for me.
    But, once I read The Dark Tower, it affected me unlike anything I had ever read.
    (To be fair though, the ka-tet probably altered any future chance I may have had with having a healthy relationship with a fictional group of characters. This is my doom) Because, after TDT, nothing compared to the attachment I had to Roland, Jake, Eddie, etc.
    But, I'm assuming that IT is that way for you?
    Makes sense. And It is most definitely that book for me
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know it is for me

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This one is close!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I know!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... and It is leading by two votes (one of which mine)!!! Unprecedented and, frankly, totally unexpected.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love reading this discussion, despite the realization that my dear friends, Jean and Heather, have their priorities confused.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

And this shall go down in history as the disagreement that caused the great DT.org War of 2014.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for It. Taken as one work, TDT is very uneven while It is probably the closest thing to perfection King has ever done and (in my opinion) the greatest novel ever written.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wow, I'm quite surprised it's this close (although maybe I shouldn't be considering the site we're on). But it does make me sad that there isn't more love for It.

Jean, I'm glad you finally voted. You had me worried you were going to stray over to the dark side.

Country
    Country Flag

bears were torn... but their sweeter, nostalgic self prevailed...

Grrrrr, now it's a tie! I should have closed the poll when everything was all right

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good job I alerted a couple of members who hadn't voted then eh ?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I vote again?
    Sloth Love Chunk

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Can I vote again?
    Only if you promise to do it right this time
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Grrr, it's getting worse! Obviously, all It lovers have already voted... I should have left it at that, now goblins start rallying the dark powers

Agreed, this poll really saddens me

Traveler Saintmatthew is on a distinguished road

Can't decide on a vote, but I've always had a big connection to IT as I was 12 when I read the book and kind of identified with the kids at that age.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Psssst......Saintmatthew, vote for It! If for nothing else it will tie it up and cause a rip in the space-time continuum.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"Eddies," said Ford, "in the space-time continuum."
    "Ah," nodded Arthur, "is he? Is he?"

Country
    Country Flag

tomorrow night I will have to close these polls...unless, of course, there's one more It vote and they tie again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2