Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which should be higher on the list?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It, by Stephen King

15 48.39%
  • The Dark Tower, by Stephen King

16 51.61%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Final - Round 6: It vs. The Dark Tower

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Final - Round 6: It vs. The Dark Tower

VS.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure I want to vote here

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Are you serious, here?!
    Dark Tower!
    It's the reason any of us are even on this board.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, yes... but It!...

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yes, yes. But Roland!

Spoiler:
    and Eddie, Jake, Susannah, Cuthbert, Oy, Alain, the tower, Blaine, the slow mutants, Callahan, the Man in Black, the Rose, Susan, the lobstrosities, and so on!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Yes, yes. But Roland!

Spoiler:
    and Eddie, Jake, Susannah, Cuthbert, Oy, Alain, the tower, Blaine, the slow mutants, Callahan, the Man in Black, the Rose, Susan, the lobstrosities, and so on!
    And none are as dear to me as
    Spoiler:
    Ben, Bev, Eddie, Richie, Stan, Bill and Mike.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you serious, here?!
    Dark Tower!
    It's the reason any of us are even on this board.
    I would say any. I'm foremost a Stephen King fan and I view The Dark Tower as just a part of his oeuvre like Pet Sematary or The Green Mile, and not something significantly separate.

Oh, I loved SK's works way before I read TDT, but there would be no thedarktower.org without The Dark Tower.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I loved SK's works way before I read TDT, but there would be no thedarktower.org without The Dark Tower.
    thedarktower.org would just be named something else if there was no Dark Tower.

IT wins hands down, no contest. This is even easier to decide than the last poll between The Shining and The Long Walk.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    thedarktower.org would just be named something else if there was no Dark Tower.

IT wins hands down, no contest. This is even easier to decide than the last poll between The Shining and The Long Walk.
    I'm no detective, but it would seem that we have a very passionate fan here!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like certain books in the DT series more than It, but because they only count as all or nothing, It gets the vote.

I feel like everyone took crazy pills this morning!
    IT over TDT?!

Country
    Country Flag

: bangs head against wall :

It is a masterpiece!! and TDT is not, it's uneven and at times annoying and at times exasperating ---

but, oh good Lord, these doors Jake opens at school, and the blue forspecial plate, and Faddah, and kill me if you can but command me nothing, and I may have betrayed but I've never taken a pair of spectacles for it, and aunt Talitha, and when is a door not a door, and -----------

bears can't vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Love IT, but The Dark Tower is as deep and personal to me as Doctor Who and Life on Mars. Had to go with the Tower on this one.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    : bangs head against wall :

It is a masterpiece!! and TDT is not, it's uneven and at times annoying and at times exasperating ---

but, oh good Lord, these doors Jake opens at school, and the blue forspecial plate, and Faddah, and kill me if you can but command me nothing, and I may have betrayed but I've never taken a pair of spectacles for it, and aunt Talitha, and when is a door not a door, and -----------

bears can't vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    De Caff, Jean or better yet, tea!!! It will all be better in the morning!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

it isn't

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hands down It! Dark Tower doesn't even come close.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

: faints :

how I wish I had your determination...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I'm probably the only one here that's read the books and isn't a fan, so there really was no question in my mind

Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Once again, Amanda reads my mind and posts my thoughts.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Spooky.

I really didn't not realize just how much everyone loved IT until this thread. I guess I was naive and thought that DT just sort of trumped everything else, the way it does for me.

And, for the record, I'm not aiming for a debate or anything. I'm just airing my thoughts. Simply put, I'm dumbfounded by this revelation.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started reading King because of IT.... but I do not feel a connection to the characters in IT like I do in the Dark Tower.... I am sorry but IT is a great book but is no where near the Dark Tower.... I can't even remember all the characters in IT other than Bev and Richie.... (of course Pennywise)... But I remember the Ka-tet VERY well.... DT all the WAY!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I always thought King was known for both The Stand and It. Those are his big two that you always hear people talking about. Maybe I'm wrong but I would bet that aside from here there are many King fans that have not even read The Dark Tower books. I always wonder if you took a poll of your average King fan where The Dark Tower would rank.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I started reading King because of IT.... but I do not feel a connection to the characters in IT like I do in the Dark Tower.... I am sorry but IT is a great book but is no where near the Dark Tower.... I can't even remember all the characters in IT other than Bev and Richie.... (of course Pennywise)... But I remember the Ka-tet VERY well.... DT all the WAY!!!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I always thought King was known for both The Stand and It. Those are his big two that you always hear people talking about. Maybe I'm wrong but I would bet that aside from here there are many King fans that have not even read The Dark Tower books. I always wonder if you took a poll of your average King fan where The Dark Tower would rank.
    You do have a point. I know that I was reading SK for a long time before I decided to read The Dark Tower books. I didn't associate him with TDT. I associated him with his more well known stories. Even though I had been reading his books for at least 10 years, TDT was unknown territory for me.
    But, once I read The Dark Tower, it affected me unlike anything I had ever read.
    (To be fair though, the ka-tet probably altered any future chance I may have had with having a healthy relationship with a fictional group of characters. This is my doom) Because, after TDT, nothing compared to the attachment I had to Roland, Jake, Eddie, etc.
    But, I'm assuming that IT is that way for you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast