Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone had an extreme connection to the storyline?

John F. Kennedy KatetOfNineteen will become famous soon enough KatetOfNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Has anyone had an extreme connection to the storyline?

I ask this because The Waste Lands really hit home with me. I was born and raised in Kansas. I lived in Topeka for almost 4 years, so I've been to Gage Park multiple times, I've seen the train(never ridden), my two boys have played at the park on numerous other occasions. When they got to Topeka I recognized some of the stuff they talked about but when Jake approached Charlie it really got to me. I immediately sent texts to all my Topeka friends asking them if they knew the name of the train in Gage Park, none did or if it does in fact have a name. It was just way too familiar for me and really connected me personally to the storyline almost like I was a small insignificant part of it. I love the Emerald Castle on I-70 and was going crazy trying to picture where it was on the actual Interstate. Plus the whole Kansas/Wizard of Oz stuff hahaha.

Anyone else had something like this with the story?
    Gamer, Book Worm, Gearhead, Metalhead, Outdoorsman, Artist(I like to think) and one goofy mofo.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was born and raised in St.Petersburg, Russia, have never seen Kansas or anything remotely reminding of that train, etc, but I feel extreme connection to the story nevertheless.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Gnagsta is on a distinguished road Gnagsta's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I met Roland in the midst of serious heroin withdraw became a tower junkie :-P (sound familiar??)

+ Reply to Thread