Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably IMAX in Indy
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Probably IMAX in Indy

Oh come on!
    There is no such city! Naptown is an urban legend. It's just a few buildings near a race track. The other buildings that make it look like a city are just balloons they fill every May.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'll probably wait for it to come to blu-ray and watch it at home. Same as part 1.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't like going to the movies?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    You don't like going to the movies?
    My wife isn't a big fan and I wouldn't want to go by myself.

We've been to see a few of the big Marvel movies in theaters. We went to see Endgame when it first came out and had to go to Captain Marvel the day before to catch up. I'm pretty sure we saw Infinity Wars in a theater as well. I've seen all the Star Wars movies in theaters except The Last Jedi.

Other than that, we don't go often. No point in spending $20+ to see it in a theater when I can spend the same amount and watch it at home plus all the bonus features.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I live near the Jordan's IMAX in Reading, MA. I saw the first IT movie there and will go there for the second part.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.slashfilm.com/it-supercut/
    Stephen King‘s It is a hefty book. There’s so much story, in fact, that both adaptations – the 1990 miniseries, and the 2017 and 2019 movies – had to split the material into two parts. But any reader of the book can tell you that It works best as one big epic story. Thankfully, it sounds like It and It Chapter Two director Andy Muschietti agrees – and he’s cutting together an It supercut containing both films. Here’s hoping we actually get to see this supercut, and that it doesn’t go the way of Quentin Tarantino’s never-released Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair.

If you’re a big Stephen King fan and have like, six or seven hours to kill, I have some good news. Andy Muschietti, director of It and the upcoming It Chapter Two, has revealed he’s working on numerous alternate cuts of his films. Not only is he working on director’s cuts of both It and Chapter Two – he’s also putting together a monster supercut that combines both films into one.

“The possibilities are open,” Muschietti told SFX magazine (via Games Radar). “There’s a version where the two movies are cut together. There’s a version where there’s a special director’s cut of number one and a special director’s cut of number two. And I’m happy to basically work on every one of them.”

The big question I have is: will this supercut just simply splice It and It Chapter Two back to back? Or will Muschietti take the time to intercut the two films into one cohesive narrative? Because that’s how King’s book plays out. If you’ve never read it, think of the book like The Godfather Part II, where the past storyline involving young Vito Corleone is intercut with the “present” story of his son Michael. And if you’ve never read the It book or seen The Godfather Part II, well…I’ve run out of examples to illustrate my point. Sorry.

I’m hoping Muschietti is going to go all-in and create a supercut where past and present storylines unfold just as they do in King’s novel because that would be pretty damn cool. It would also be very long. Muschietti’s 2017 It runs 135 minutes, while It Chapter Two clocks in at a whopping 169 minutes. That’s 5-plus hours right there. On top of all that, Muschietti has previously revealed that his director’s cut of Chapter Two ran for 4 hours. If he’s including that material in the supercut, we’re talking 6-plus hours of Pennywise. Think you can handle that? I know I can.

It Chapter Two opens September 6.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If they do something like recutting the film so it opens with the adults maybe it'd be worth a watch. That being said I can't see most people sitting down to watch a 5+ hour film.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

The Super Cut sounds cool but this is what I want "Not only is he working on "director’s cuts of both It and Chapter Two " "There’s a version where there’s a special director’s cut of number one and a special director’s cut of number two" But a re-cut version that matches up with book would also be great. See, I knew there was a reason I haven't bought IT part one yet.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://www.slashfilm.com/it-supercut/
    Stephen King‘s It is a hefty book. There’s so much story, in fact, that both adaptations – the 1990 miniseries, and the 2017 and 2019 movies – had to split the material into two parts. But any reader of the book can tell you that It works best as one big epic story. Thankfully, it sounds like It and It Chapter Two director Andy Muschietti agrees – and he’s cutting together an It supercut containing both films. Here’s hoping we actually get to see this supercut, and that it doesn’t go the way of Quentin Tarantino’s never-released Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair.

If you’re a big Stephen King fan and have like, six or seven hours to kill, I have some good news. Andy Muschietti, director of It and the upcoming It Chapter Two, has revealed he’s working on numerous alternate cuts of his films. Not only is he working on director’s cuts of both It and Chapter Two – he’s also putting together a monster supercut that combines both films into one.

“The possibilities are open,” Muschietti told SFX magazine (via Games Radar). “There’s a version where the two movies are cut together. There’s a version where there’s a special director’s cut of number one and a special director’s cut of number two. And I’m happy to basically work on every one of them.”

The big question I have is: will this supercut just simply splice It and It Chapter Two back to back? Or will Muschietti take the time to intercut the two films into one cohesive narrative? Because that’s how King’s book plays out. If you’ve never read it, think of the book like The Godfather Part II, where the past storyline involving young Vito Corleone is intercut with the “present” story of his son Michael. And if you’ve never read the It book or seen The Godfather Part II, well…I’ve run out of examples to illustrate my point. Sorry.

I’m hoping Muschietti is going to go all-in and create a supercut where past and present storylines unfold just as they do in King’s novel because that would be pretty damn cool. It would also be very long. Muschietti’s 2017 It runs 135 minutes, while It Chapter Two clocks in at a whopping 169 minutes. That’s 5-plus hours right there. On top of all that, Muschietti has previously revealed that his director’s cut of Chapter Two ran for 4 hours. If he’s including that material in the supercut, we’re talking 6-plus hours of Pennywise. Think you can handle that? I know I can.

It Chapter Two opens September 6.
    I...I...they should've sent a poet.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the chance of interviewing Andy Muschietti last Tuesday and was able to clarify some things:

1) Stephen King DIDN'T write a new scene after reading the first draft of the script, as several media sites stated. He just gave his input when discussing his scene.

2) Andy is NOT working on a "Director's cut" with the two films plus deleted scenes. It's an idea and a project he'll like to do but has not started. Also, he'd like to film three more scenes for this.

3) At one stage, they considered splitting Chapter 2 into two films due its lenght (1st editorial cut was 4 hs - director's cut was 3:15/25 hours (can't remember exactly if it was 3:15 or 3:25).

I filmed the whole press conference yesterday but I'm not allowed to upload it until Sept 2nd, when the embargo finishes.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So Ari, if you were to give a percentage that the home releases would have extra material in the film itself (be it an editorial cut or directors cut) of one or both of the movie, what would
    it be. Because in one breath it sounds like no and then in another breath it sounds like a maybe or a yes. Unless you can't answer those questions until Sept 2nd, which is fine.
    I just hope to get more clarity on it.
    Thanks

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's very likely the home release of Chapter 2 will have deleted scenes, and then they will release another version with both films plus the deleted scenes. NOW, I don't know if both films will be merged or not. I'm not 100% sure it'd be possible to have both films together mixed (so there's a scene from chapter 1 followed by one of chapter 2, and again chapter 1...). I tried to imagine it when I watched it again yesterday and I'm not that confident it'd turn out well.

On another thing, I found Easter eggs to two other King works/adaptations:

SPOILER
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Ari. I am just trying to avoid double or triple dipping as much as possible. I haven't even bought IT chapter one because I was (am) waiting to see if they come out with a directors cut of that, maybe after IT chapter 2 comes out in the theater or on video.
    "I think it's very likely the home release of Chapter 2 will have deleted scenes, and then they will release another version with both films plus the deleted scenes"
    So from what I gather from this is that Chapter 2 might have deleted scenes. I am hoping on it's initial home release. Does that mean that Chapter one might also be re-released
    with extra scenes on it's on? And are you also saying that the mega movie merger where one and two are in a single film probably won't happen?
    Thanks for helping to explain this. I know I am sometimes slow in understanding certain things. Sorry .

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can confirm there are deleted scenes for Chapter 2.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Ari. I am assuming you mean for the home release of Chapter 2. I guess I will still wait though to see if anything happens with Chapter 1.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for those infos !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I will probably see it in Alamo Drafthouse in brooklyn
    I never go to the movies. I saw the new Tarantino but before that, last time I was in a theater was for IT part 1

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got my tickets. Next Friday at noon in IMAX.

Also, this is a good watch.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Muschietti hopes to release 390 minute supercut of IT with brand new footage.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/it...lm-1202168860/
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Cool

Can't wait. And I am also very interested i what kind of home release(s) there are. I also hope that they get released at the same time so we don't have to wait forever to figure out which one we would want. That 6 1/2 version is more like a mini-series then a movie. It will be very interesting to see what ends up coming to the home editions.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm attending a press screening tonight. My review should be up on Thursday morning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast